Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:26 am

I did a conversion to Iberia on 4th October. In the confirmation email I just noticed that it stated 'Your Iberia Plus account will be credited with 3000 Avios within 6-8 weeks.'

I was under the impression Iberia conversions didn't take long. Is that wildly off or do I really have that long to wait?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Iberia avios usually post the next Tuesday morning after redemption. If they don't, it may be a glitch (they happen a bit more than with other programs) and still post in a few weeks.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Iberia avios usually post the next Tuesday morning after redemption. If they don't, it may be a glitch (they happen a bit more than with other programs) and still post in a few weeks.
Thank you. I redeemed last Tuesday so will keep an eye out tomorrow!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The '6-8 weeks' seems pretty boilerplate for all the awards. The majority of them post a lot sooner than that.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anybody redeemed for Avios.com avios recently? I am waiting quite long for them to post...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:21 am

Has anyone tried a Hertz redemption beyond the one per quarter that is allowed? What would happen if I tried to redeem for another Hertz award beyond the one allowed? They will block it?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
No sign yet, so looks like I am in for a long wait! If avios.com awards are also delayed, maybe they have a bit of a backlog...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Just another data point: I redeemed $65 for 550 Hertz points on Monday, October 3. They were in my account three days later (October 6).
My $120 purchase of Hertz points that I made on e-Rewards on 6 Oct 2016 finally posted on Hertz.com today, 13 October 2016. Since that is exactly one week after ChinaShrek's points posted, perhaps it is something that happens once a week, on Thursdays.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by jcapito1
Has anyone tried a Hertz redemption beyond the one per quarter that is allowed? What would happen if I tried to redeem for another Hertz award beyond the one allowed? They will block it?
The e-rewards system will not allow it to go through and will give you a message saying you already redeemed this quarter.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jcapito1
It will show an error message. However, you can probably open a Hertz account for your wife/husband and send more points from another e-rewards account there. Then you can transfer the points into one place by calling Hertz, apparently.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
E-Rewards are paying LESS than what's advertised

Did a survey for Uber. They promised $10.00. Got $5.00
Did a survey for TD Bank. They promised $5.00. Got $3.00.
Did a survey for Wegman's. They promised $6.25. Got $3.25

Someone from the EPA is inside E-Rewards, I think. Drill, Baby, Drill!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Oddly, I had one go in my favor earlier today- it said $2.50 but seemed a bit longish for that and posted at $4.00. My guess is that it sometimes DQs you right off the bat and instead of sending you back to the 'do you want to try again?' or the 'no more surveys' message, it instantly redirects to a different survey in the pool that may or may not match he value of the first screen. I also get some surveys where the topic on the first screen (automobile, personal finance, etc.) doesn't necessarily match the topic I get in the survey, even though they try to keep the topics pretty generic.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Survey expired half way through it

In the last two weeks I have noticed that after answering several questions I will get a "sorry this survey has expired." It does not give partial credit. Yesterday I was online when a survey came in, started it, answered a dozen or so questions then got the "expired" screen. Fishy as always.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bj2757
In the last two weeks I have noticed that after answering several questions I will get a "sorry this survey has expired." It does not give partial credit. Yesterday I was online when a survey came in, started it, answered a dozen or so questions then got the "expired" screen. Fishy as always.
email the customer support - they have been quite good to keep you whole in the few incidents I complained about this year. Had one a few days ago, shown 75% complete after 16 min, on a 20 min survey (Beverage). Then the next screen threw me out as not eligible. Emailed the complain immediately. They credited the account the next day with a reply - the system gave $0.25 on the $5 survey and they posted $4.75 manually.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
email the customer support - they have been quite good to keep you whole in the few incidents I complained about this year. Had one a few days ago, shown 75% complete after 16 min, on a 20 min survey (Beverage). Then the next screen threw me out as not eligible. Emailed the complain immediately. They credited the account the next day with a reply - the system gave $0.25 on the $5 survey and they posted $4.75 manually.
I'm on my third contact with them for one I completed a month ago - and when it got to the last page it said there was an error....two replies so far that have absolutely nothing to do with what happened...normally I have had good luck with them - after follow up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.