Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chaufeurse
Shame as the survey's enabled me to get 2k of VA miles a month, 24k a year each is a big loss! I redeemed 6k for hubs on the 6th August, no problem... most odd.
I could get some 15k per year for UA for me, and some 15k for AS for wify... but now, I guess, this is gone. We have been too costly for e-rewards...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Haven't had any issues with taking surveys, however last quarter I redeemed for Hertz points and they never posted, so took two emails to get it corrected. Now in early July I redeemed for Hertz again and it still hasn't posted. Seems like they have issues with crediting points.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:34 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Today I was given $50.00 in e-rewards currency for a follow up survey.

Last I remember I was owed like $30 over 3 follow up surveys, each of which I was eventually credited for. One I was credited for twice.

Now a mystery $50. ok, sweet. Too bad I can only redeem $100 a month for AA miles.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
FYI, my account was pretty much deactivated (no longer got surveys / kept getting the "out of country" error). I signed up through a new program (VA) and have been getting surveys since (new email...). unfortunately, i don't have all the other airlines as partners.

might work for some others. good luck.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Today I was given $50.00 in e-rewards currency for a follow up survey.

Last I remember I was owed like $30 over 3 follow up surveys, each of which I was eventually credited for. One I was credited for twice.

Now a mystery $50. ok, sweet. Too bad I can only redeem $100 a month for AA miles.
How many AA miles does $100 get you?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tilly71
How many AA miles does $100 get you?
$100=2,000 Advantage miles

If you can make the redemptions work, singing up under Iberia- $100=3,000 Iberia Avios, redeem once every 30 days- is probably the best bang for the buck in a general sense.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:39 am

I see, in the Uk its 8,000 opinion points gets you 2000 AA / 3000 Iberia plus points.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:44 am

Data Point: I have been redeeming IHG points for quite a while, and I can confirm that they have always posted the Tuesday after the redemption.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Redeemed for a Red Lobster gift card that terms said was good at any Darden restaurant (Capital Grille, Longhorn, Seasons 52, etc). Turns out Darden spun off Red Lobster a little over a year ago and e-rewards never updated their terms for this product. Now the gift card they sent me is only good at crappy Red Lobster. I emailed to ask them to refund the e-rewards dollars since the terms of the award I purchased were not accurate... no dice. Response was "Sorry for the inconvenience. We cannot refund or cancel the order."

Sigh... I think I'm done with e-rewards. I redeemed for UA miles earlier this year, it took just over 4 weeks for the 2000 miles to post... they used to post within 24 hours. Just not worth the trouble anymore.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by orca1114
Redeemed for a Red Lobster gift card that terms said was good at any Darden restaurant (Capital Grille, Longhorn, Seasons 52, etc). Turns out Darden spun off Red Lobster a little over a year ago and e-rewards never updated their terms for this product. Now the gift card they sent me is only good at crappy Red Lobster. I emailed to ask them to refund the e-rewards dollars since the terms of the award I purchased were not accurate... no dice. Response was "Sorry for the inconvenience. We cannot refund or cancel the order."

Sigh... I think I'm done with e-rewards. I redeemed for UA miles earlier this year, it took just over 4 weeks for the 2000 miles to post... they used to post within 24 hours. Just not worth the trouble anymore.
I know recently UA is one of the only erewards partners to post the rewards now instantly - which I really really like. Not a hit or miss thing literally each redemption you make it instant to your UA account !

Also I would not judge them too harshly on the Darden merger one, a big merger between brands is obviously going to result in some rift raft between brands .. Though i did think for a certain amount of time after the merger the gift cards were honored betweens brands, but maybe that time has elapsed. I don't know !
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
does anyone have two active e-rewards accounts (either same person w/two or same house hold)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by odin99
does anyone have two active e-rewards accounts (either same person w/two or same house hold)
Yes
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
FYI, my account was pretty much deactivated (no longer got surveys / kept getting the "out of country" error). I signed up through a new program (VA) and have been getting surveys since (new email...). unfortunately, i don't have all the other airlines as partners.

might work for some others. good luck.
Same here and I am definitely in the right country. I deleted all survey cookies, used private browsing, went to the mall and used a tablet on their wifi, nothing works. They have blocked me from further surveys. I can redeem what I have left but I'm going to be stuck with orphaned points as I can't top up. I just wish they would be honest and say the account is blocked instead of some BS "not in the right country" screen.

Yes, me & husband and we have redeemed to each other's miles accounts depending on who needed a boost so if one of us triggered a block it could be any account that redeemed to that airline also gets blocked. While at the mall, I set up another account (new email) via another airline I hadn't used yet and now am getting surveys through email and the website. I haven't dared use my main computer at home though as I don't know if it's cookied some way I can't figure out or if my IP is blocked.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Haven't had any issues with taking surveys, however last quarter I redeemed for Hertz points and they never posted, so took two emails to get it corrected. Now in early July I redeemed for Hertz again and it still hasn't posted. Seems like they have issues with crediting points.
same problem here
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:26 am

Obviously a rabbit off with accounts and 'out of country' advisement seen for 2 month now. Signed up again, all went thro, now receiving surveys again. Used 2k today for VA miles, leaving 835 points in original account which is likely unusable, I'll close that account. Seems there was some cull against those of us who've been long term members, compounded by the ignorance of totally disregarding sent emails.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.