Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
What is the error message?
"An error occurred.It appears you are accessing this survey from a location that is different from the country for which this survey is intended."
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by morgan1929
"An error occurred.It appears you are accessing this survey from a location that is different from the country for which this survey is intended."
i'm still getting the same error. several days in a row now.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Let's see if Hertz is working properly again.

I made 2 redemptions, one on 7/1 and one on 7/2. They used to post within a week. Last quarter it took about 7 or 8 weeks to get it posted.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by morgan1929
I'm not sure, but I think if you really are in your country and start to receive this message, your account has been flagged as fraudulent or whatever and you'll never get more surveys. You can just spend whatever you have accumulated, close the account and start again.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I'm not sure, but I think if you really are in your country and start to receive this message, your account has been flagged as fraudulent or whatever and you'll never get more surveys.
That's a little bit over the top. I've been overseas a lot and have had e-rewards complain, but it's never been permanent. I'm pretty sure it continued to complain even when back home, until I cleared all the e-rewards related cookies. No big deal.

As for the original issue, if e-rewards is getting your country wrong, maybe your ISP has received a new block of IP addresses that wasn't on the e-rewards database? I had that happen with one ISP many years ago and it caused random problems with various sites until all the geo-location databases eventually caught up. Check your IP address against various other web sites to see what they think. If it appears from that that e-rewards is wrong, I guess it would be necessary to contact them to fix it.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Let's see if Hertz is working properly again.

I made 2 redemptions, one on 7/1 and one on 7/2. They used to post within a week. Last quarter it took about 7 or 8 weeks to get it posted.
Redeemed on 7/1, points in Hertz account on 7/7.

e-rewards -> Hertz is excellent value when all the stars align, with this $65 e-rewards redemption yielding a ~$120 savings on my upcoming one-day weekend rental.

On the other hand, the potential for disappointment is higher than with other e-rewards partners, with, in my case:
- one transfer many years ago never showed up
- was unable to redeem points collected over a year for specific vacation due to lack of standard availability
- aforementioned points expired last year due to sneaky change in T&C stipulating mandatory rental activity every 24 months - I had been accruing points with other partners who had more lucrative bonuses.
- redemption levels creep/jump up without prior notice; I understand adrenaline collection cars must undergo much abuse, but the green collection hybrids simply no longer make financial sense as a redemption unless planning to spend the whole day sitting in traffic jams.

I am cautiously optimistic now and shall start redeeming to Hertz again with lessons learned. To their credit, it is one of the few car rental companies whose 'elite' status referred by partners doesn't lapse after one year, a big time saver at busier airports; as an infrequent renter, I have come to appreciate this benefit.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I meant to post the same and kept on forgetting.

Both my Hertz accounts had to points by either the 6th or 7th.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended

And I will post the opposite. Redeemed on 7/1, points still NOT in Hertz account. Hopefully I will see them by next week.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:28 am

If you get a survey for a sun bingo participation, take it up. I completed a short survey and agreed to take part, 1000 pts. Then got a survey participation final survey, another 1000 pts. 😁
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Waitin for Alaska miles for 18 days already... strange, as it usually posts in a week.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:49 am

Does anyone know what the best redemption rate is if you sign up with Choice Hotels directly? I'm currently transferring to Choice at 4,000 points for $100.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:04 pm

Can anyone confirm if ihg points earnt via erewards are elite points or not still?

Last edited by Tilly71; Jul 10, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Per the posted terms & conditions, yes on the IHG points. My most recent redemption transferred as elite-qualifying on June 28.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Sorry if this has been answered before.

Got an email from Le Club inviting me to join e-Rewards and "your first survey will get you 250 Le Club AccorHotels bonus points!"

Signed up. Did a few surveys. However, I'm looking at the Reward Center -> Travel & Lodging, I only see:
- Flying Blue
- Asia Miles
- Alaska Mileage Plan
- AA
- Choice privileges
- Eithad Guest
- Frontier EarlyReturns
- Hertz
- Iberia Plus
- Mileage Plus United
- virginatlantic

How come Le Accor isn't on the list? Or is it somehow based on my profile's registered country??
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Per the posted terms & conditions, yes on the IHG points. My most recent redemption transferred as elite-qualifying on June 28.
Thanks!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.