Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old May 19, 2016, 1:12 pm

Does anyone know how many E-Rewards points you need to have enough for a Virgin Elevate award? The website only gives it in dollars.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think E-rewards is having financial problems. As others have noted, surveys posted almost immediately and redemptions were hitting accounts within no more than 2 weeks depending upon the request date.

I redeemed for Hertz on April 1 - still nothing in the account. I emailed them yesterday and received a stock answer within an hour about all the things that *I* could have done wrong, including putting in the wrong account number and also reminding me that it could take 6-8 weeks. This answer also indicated they were closing my ticket.

I responded to reopen it, asked them to check the Hertz number (and gave them the account number) and again, told them it was nearly 8 weeks.

Something is not right there and I doubt I will answer any more surveys until I start seeing that they're honoring their redemptions on a timely basis.

I have not heard another word from them.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Mary, you've been reading my mail....

Identical problem, response, still not solved.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:38 am

Babyworld 7200 points credited overnight to my account, now to redeem for HH points.☺
Old May 20, 2016, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Mary, you've been reading my mail....

Identical problem, response, still not solved.
I would bet that many, many people redeemed on or very near April 1 and they will shortly be bombarded with all these missing point/miles requests.

I thought it odd they were sending so many surveys and I was able to complete them. My account had nearly double what it normally would and I was able to redeem $120 for 1100 Hertz points - if I ever see them
Old May 20, 2016, 7:38 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I continue in the same boat too.

Has anyone tried posting to their Facebook page?

@Mary, what email address did you use to contact them?
Old May 20, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I continue in the same boat too.

Has anyone tried posting to their Facebook page?

@Mary, what email address did you use to contact them?
I haven't tried facebook.

I used the contact form on their website and received a response pretty quickly. I'm still waiting to hear anything from the reply to their response.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:47 am

Don't bother with their facebook page. The only posts there are from e-rewards. I tried posting something and it goes into a review queue. I suspect it will never see the light of day. I have to read through the responses to see if anyone is complaining. But I doubt it.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:07 am
dc3

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I would bet that many, many people redeemed on or very near April 1 and they will shortly be bombarded with all these missing point/miles requests.

I thought it odd they were sending so many surveys and I was able to complete them. My account had nearly double what it normally would and I was able to redeem $120 for 1100 Hertz points - if I ever see them
--

No Hertz points and no reply to my email asking about them. Did anyone email them and say others have the same problem?
Old May 20, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Sorry to hear about the problems others are having, but I don't think they're generally freezing redemptions due to financial problems; more that they are messed up with some of their partners (for reasons unknown).

Reason for saying this is I did a United redemption mid-week and it went through immediately, as usual.

Best of luck for the people whose redemptions are snarled.

FTF
Old May 20, 2016, 9:33 am

I actually heard back from my facebook post. They asked for the email address so they could forward it to customer service.

And around and around we go
Old May 20, 2016, 2:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I sent them a DM via Twitter and they told me that they would forward to "Member Services" and that "someone" would be in contact with me.

Someday.

Maybe.
Old May 20, 2016, 2:33 pm

I heard back from them via facebook and I got the same response. It may be the same person
Old May 23, 2016, 7:33 am

Does eRewards remove redemption partners from individuals for some reason? I used to be able to redeem for Southwest but I no longer have it. I don't have Avios either. For the travel category I only have these options.

American Airlines
Choice Privileges
Club Carlson
Hertz
Hilton HHonors
IHG Rewards Club
La Quinta
Le Club Accor Hotels
Wyndham Rewards

None of these are particularly appealing to me.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
It does happen sometimes - depending on the relationship between eR and the partner at the time.

I wish I had Hertz on mine

I'll swap you for some Avios

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.