Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by randix
wasn't the Hilton redemption option without limits, eg could be used anytime without any waiting period? Now it says once every 60 days...
That's unfortunately correct
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
wasn't the Hilton redemption option without limits, eg could be used anytime without any waiting period? Now it says once every 60 days...
That "unlimited redemption" feature for Hilton was for a limited time only, starting January 2017. (That's been noted before on this thread.)

Before that, it was once every 90 days. So 60 days is actually an improvement over the "normal" situation for Hilton redemption. (Most, perhaps all, e-rewards redemptions have limits of this sort.)

Also, as I've posted before, these conditions can actually vary from one user to another. Specific example: some gift cards are redeemable once every calendar quarter for one user, but the same ones are only once every 180 days for another user.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Oct 22, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
More bad news. I hadn't been aware of that.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
At the beginning, redemptions were once every 90 days, then they were unlimited for a limited time. Now I see that it's once every 60 days.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
At the beginning, redemptions were once every 90 days, then they were unlimited for a limited time. Now I see that it's once every 60 days.
Is there an echo in here?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm okay with once every sixty days for Hilton. During the unlimited period, I was able to redeem for almost 100,000 Honors points, but it became a big time sink for me and I needed to slow down anyway to avoid burning out altogether.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Is there an echo in here?
I wanted to point out what the redemption time limits have been for me. Other people may have had different time limits.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:59 am

To maximise in light of the recent changes in redemption periods you could have two HH accounts running and transfer into each then when needed transfer over to one account. 🤔
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
This happened to my husband's account too. His account activities are pretty slow, like not earning more than $100 in a 12 months period. All his last redemption were to Hilton and one Alaska airlines IIRC.
Now the only airline partner is AA. I dont recall he joined the program via AA.

My own account still has all the airlines and hotels partners. I redeemed to AA,UA,AS & BA, plus Hilton on last house cleaning.
I lost all airlines except American about a month ago. I contacted e-rewards by Twitter and specifically asked about United. I was told there was a technical problem with United. After a few weeks of no change I contacted them again by email and today received this message:

"There were some technical issues with the mobile/landline verification section of the website, which prevented members from making any redemptions.
We wanted to let you know that this issue has now been resolved"

Since nothing had changed on my end I immediately responded and just now got this message:

"Based on your enrollment sponsor your account has been updated.
Once the update was updated airlines were removed."

I have no idea what that means.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tilly71
To maximise in light of the recent changes in redemption periods you could have two HH accounts running and transfer into each then when needed transfer over to one account. 🤔
For some of us, it's usually kind of academic, as we don't accumulate e-rewards "dollars" very fast anyhow.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by SquareHan
"Based on your enrollment sponsor your account has been updated.
Once the update was updated airlines were removed."

I have no idea what that means.
It probably means that you registered through American but due to a glitch, you had all airlines available for redemption. Even though this "glitch" lasted a few years, an update on their end must have fixed it and thus removed all airlines with the exception of AA which was your enrollment sponsor. That's just my guess...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Havek
It probably means that you registered through American but due to a glitch, you had all airlines available for redemption. Even though this "glitch" lasted a few years, an update on their end must have fixed it and thus removed all airlines with the exception of AA which was your enrollment sponsor. That's just my guess...
Yes, I believe this is the case. Saw on another website that this is how the program is supposed to work. I think if you sign up through a hotel invitation you get all the airlines. I had all the airlines for so long I don't remember a case of ever having just one. I don't even remember signing up through AA.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SquareHan
Yes, I believe this is the case. Saw on another website that this is how the program is supposed to work. I think if you sign up through a hotel invitation you get all the airlines. I had all the airlines for so long I don't remember a case of ever having just one. I don't even remember signing up through AA.
Same here for husband's account. I believe he signed up thru NWA so that was how long it was.
Have not gotten a email reply from eReward yet.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I also signed up with NW and ended up with all the US redemption options when Delta left the program
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:06 am
SK

Cool Vitam regit fortuna, non sapientia

I received a similar answer with SquareHan, but probably even more clearly stated:

"American Airlines has updated the reward options and they have decided that some of the airlines has been removed. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I signed up through AA, twelve years ago. Strange that they would update the redemption options so drastically after all this time, but it is what it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.