Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Nov 3, 17, 10:33 am
  #3226  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 113
Well, like so many others - all of my airline options except AA have disappeared. This particularly sucks since my wife and I had been redeeming eRewards into BA Avios since there were some good redemption rates for short-haul flights. Now I have 21K Avios and my wife has something like 15K - no idea what we will use them for, they may just end up getting abandoned. I do occasionally fly BA but usually use my AA # since I have status with them.
bswiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:35 am
  #3227  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 4,364
Originally Posted by SK View Post
I received a similar answer with SquareHan, but probably even more clearly stated:

"American Airlines has updated the reward options and they have decided that some of the airlines has been removed. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I signed up through AA, twelve years ago. Strange that they would update the redemption options so drastically after all this time, but it is what it is.
Unfortunately, things change. I still see UA in one of the family accounts and AA in the other. Not sure about the sign up sources, but Hertz points are my preferred redemption option given that I rent apx 7 weeks of Hertz cars every year.
rbAA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 4:35 am
  #3228  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
I just signed up to e-rewards under BA link and i can collect avios only
Is there any working link so i can signup to collect any hotel points or at least i got a choice better than 2000 avios every 30 days?
thanks
roootra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 4:38 am
  #3229  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 2,032
Originally Posted by roootra View Post
I just signed up to e-rewards under BA link and i can collect avios only
Is there any working link so i can signup to collect any hotel points or at least i got a choice better than 2000 avios every 30 days?
thanks

Iberia would be your best bet. Sign up for E-Rewards Iberia Avios and you should get a wide choice.

Last edited by goldencondor; Nov 19, 17 at 4:45 am
goldencondor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 6:39 am
  #3230  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
It could be a good idea but do you know any working signup link?
roootra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 6:55 am
  #3231  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 2,032
Originally Posted by roootra View Post
It could be a good idea but do you know any working signup link?
You need to join Iberia and then wait for an email invitation. Also bear in mind that you cannot transfer your avios points out of a new Iberia account until 90 days have passed. It's a pain if you want avios now, but in the long run, it's well worth it.

Also worth mentioning you can earn 3k avios per month with Iberia E-Rewards rather than 2K with the other avios partners.
goldencondor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 12:37 pm
  #3232  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
I joined Iberia Plus around a week ago but didn't get any signup offer. Do they send to everyone or waiting can be a waste of time?
Is there any open signup out there? , all the link i have found online seems to be expired
roootra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 12:40 pm
  #3233  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 2,032
Originally Posted by roootra View Post
I joined Iberia Plus around a week ago but didn't get any signup offer. Do they send to everyone or waiting can be a waste of time?
Is there any open signup out there? , all the link i have found online seems to be expired
Email invite only I think. Check your junk mail to see if anything's ended up in there. Make sure you're subscribed to the email communications in your Iberia account. Otherwise, you'll have to wait.

Might be worthing asking in the Iberia section of the forum, someone might know more than me.
goldencondor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 2:41 pm
  #3234  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
redemption issue

I redeemed $100 of e-rewards currency for 2,400 Southwest Airline Rapid Reward Points....this was on Nov15, 2017....As of Nov 19th, 2017 they STILL are not showing up in my Southwest account....I have done this many times before, and the Points are usually in my Southwest account within a day or two...., when trying to contact e-rewards, I just get a generic e-mail response telling me of things to do if I cant log into my account (That is not the problem.).. I just want to know why my redemption is not showing up in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account...Anyone else having redemption issues lately?? No Way to contact e-rewards it seems ...just thru their website, I get a generic response or no reply....
OKImready is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 17, 9:13 am
  #3235  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 845
fwiw re Southwest Airline redemption...

Originally Posted by OKImready View Post
I redeemed $100 of e-rewards currency for 2,400 Southwest Airline Rapid Reward Points....this was on Nov15, 2017....As of Nov 19th, 2017 they STILL are not showing up in my Southwest account....I have done this many times before, and the Points are usually in my Southwest account within a day or two...., when trying to contact e-rewards, I just get a generic e-mail response telling me of things to do if I cant log into my account (That is not the problem.).. I just want to know why my redemption is not showing up in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account...Anyone else having redemption issues lately?? No Way to contact e-rewards it seems ...just thru their website, I get a generic response or no reply....
When I've redeemed points for Southwest Airlines in the past, I've never had them post quickly. It has always taken weeks for them to show up in my account. So notwithstanding your past experience, I wouldn't start worrying after only 4 days.
randix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 17, 12:53 pm
  #3236  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 6,378
Warning: Be cautious for a survey on TV, Internet, and Phone providers.

The number is 4549871. After about ten minutes and lots of questions about internet providers and what you look for in one it disqualified me saying they've received enough answers from people like me. I'm used to being disqualified after a few general demographic questions and maybe questions about my interests, but not after I've already responded to lots of detailed questions.
Counsellor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 17, 1:10 pm
  #3237  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Posts: 698
Originally Posted by OKImready View Post
I redeemed $100 of e-rewards currency for 2,400 Southwest Airline Rapid Reward Points....this was on Nov15, 2017....As of Nov 19th, 2017 they STILL are not showing up in my Southwest account....I have done this many times before, and the Points are usually in my Southwest account within a day or two...., when trying to contact e-rewards, I just get a generic e-mail response telling me of things to do if I cant log into my account (That is not the problem.).. I just want to know why my redemption is not showing up in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account...Anyone else having redemption issues lately?? No Way to contact e-rewards it seems ...just thru their website, I get a generic response or no reply....
I'm curious about the 2400 miles for $100 - I redeem $100 in my account as well as my wife's account every month - and I've never seen more than 2000 offered. And I agree - Southwest has not updated very quickly.
bj2757 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 17, 2:06 pm
  #3238  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,706
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
Warning: Be cautious for a survey on TV, Internet, and Phone providers.

The number is 4549871. After about ten minutes and lots of questions about internet providers and what you look for in one it disqualified me saying they've received enough answers from people like me. I'm used to being disqualified after a few general demographic questions and maybe questions about my interests, but not after I've already responded to lots of detailed questions.
Thanks for the heads up. This was often an issue with surveys a while back, then it seemed to stop for a while. I hope it's not starting up again.
The_Bouncer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 17, 2:15 pm
  #3239  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Programs: Handcuffed to Delta and IHG by Concur
Posts: 7,350
Originally Posted by bj2757 View Post
I'm curious about the 2400 miles for $100 - I redeem $100 in my account as well as my wife's account every month - and I've never seen more than 2000 offered. And I agree - Southwest has not updated very quickly.
Perhaps OKImready joined eRewards via a Southwest invitation. I joined through a Hilton invitation and as a result, I get offered more Honors points for $100 than the general herd does.
bj2757 likes this.
amanuensis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 17, 5:01 pm
  #3240  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,706
Beware of the potato chips survey too. Kicks you out at about 70%. Just say you don't eat chips.
The_Bouncer is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread