Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Well, like so many others - all of my airline options except AA have disappeared. This particularly sucks since my wife and I had been redeeming eRewards into BA Avios since there were some good redemption rates for short-haul flights. Now I have 21K Avios and my wife has something like 15K - no idea what we will use them for, they may just end up getting abandoned. I do occasionally fly BA but usually use my AA # since I have status with them.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:35 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by SK
I received a similar answer with SquareHan, but probably even more clearly stated:

"American Airlines has updated the reward options and they have decided that some of the airlines has been removed. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I signed up through AA, twelve years ago. Strange that they would update the redemption options so drastically after all this time, but it is what it is.
Unfortunately, things change. I still see UA in one of the family accounts and AA in the other. Not sure about the sign up sources, but Hertz points are my preferred redemption option given that I rent apx 7 weeks of Hertz cars every year.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:35 am

I just signed up to e-rewards under BA link and i can collect avios only
Is there any working link so i can signup to collect any hotel points or at least i got a choice better than 2000 avios every 30 days?
thanks
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by roootra
I just signed up to e-rewards under BA link and i can collect avios only
Is there any working link so i can signup to collect any hotel points or at least i got a choice better than 2000 avios every 30 days?
thanks

Iberia would be your best bet. Sign up for E-Rewards Iberia Avios and you should get a wide choice.

Last edited by goldencondor; Nov 19, 2017 at 4:45 am
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:39 am

It could be a good idea but do you know any working signup link?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:55 am

It could be a good idea but do you know any working signup link?
You need to join Iberia and then wait for an email invitation. Also bear in mind that you cannot transfer your avios points out of a new Iberia account until 90 days have passed. It's a pain if you want avios now, but in the long run, it's well worth it.

Also worth mentioning you can earn 3k avios per month with Iberia E-Rewards rather than 2K with the other avios partners.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:37 pm

I joined Iberia Plus around a week ago but didn't get any signup offer. Do they send to everyone or waiting can be a waste of time?
Is there any open signup out there? , all the link i have found online seems to be expired
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:40 pm

I joined Iberia Plus around a week ago but didn't get any signup offer. Do they send to everyone or waiting can be a waste of time?
Is there any open signup out there? , all the link i have found online seems to be expired
Email invite only I think. Check your junk mail to see if anything's ended up in there. Make sure you're subscribed to the email communications in your Iberia account. Otherwise, you'll have to wait.

Might be worthing asking in the Iberia section of the forum, someone might know more than me.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:41 pm

redemption issue

I redeemed $100 of e-rewards currency for 2,400 Southwest Airline Rapid Reward Points....this was on Nov15, 2017....As of Nov 19th, 2017 they STILL are not showing up in my Southwest account....I have done this many times before, and the Points are usually in my Southwest account within a day or two...., when trying to contact e-rewards, I just get a generic e-mail response telling me of things to do if I cant log into my account (That is not the problem.).. I just want to know why my redemption is not showing up in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account...Anyone else having redemption issues lately?? No Way to contact e-rewards it seems ...just thru their website, I get a generic response or no reply....
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:13 am

fwiw re Southwest Airline redemption...

Originally Posted by OKImready
I redeemed $100 of e-rewards currency for 2,400 Southwest Airline Rapid Reward Points....this was on Nov15, 2017....As of Nov 19th, 2017 they STILL are not showing up in my Southwest account....I have done this many times before, and the Points are usually in my Southwest account within a day or two...., when trying to contact e-rewards, I just get a generic e-mail response telling me of things to do if I cant log into my account (That is not the problem.).. I just want to know why my redemption is not showing up in my Southwest Rapid Rewards account...Anyone else having redemption issues lately?? No Way to contact e-rewards it seems ...just thru their website, I get a generic response or no reply....
When I've redeemed points for Southwest Airlines in the past, I've never had them post quickly. It has always taken weeks for them to show up in my account. So notwithstanding your past experience, I wouldn't start worrying after only 4 days.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:53 pm

Warning: Be cautious for a survey on TV, Internet, and Phone providers.

The number is 4549871. After about ten minutes and lots of questions about internet providers and what you look for in one it disqualified me saying they've received enough answers from people like me. I'm used to being disqualified after a few general demographic questions and maybe questions about my interests, but not after I've already responded to lots of detailed questions.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by OKImready
I'm curious about the 2400 miles for $100 - I redeem $100 in my account as well as my wife's account every month - and I've never seen more than 2000 offered. And I agree - Southwest has not updated very quickly.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Warning: Be cautious for a survey on TV, Internet, and Phone providers.

The number is 4549871. After about ten minutes and lots of questions about internet providers and what you look for in one it disqualified me saying they've received enough answers from people like me. I'm used to being disqualified after a few general demographic questions and maybe questions about my interests, but not after I've already responded to lots of detailed questions.
Thanks for the heads up. This was often an issue with surveys a while back, then it seemed to stop for a while. I hope it's not starting up again.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by bj2757
I'm curious about the 2400 miles for $100 - I redeem $100 in my account as well as my wife's account every month - and I've never seen more than 2000 offered. And I agree - Southwest has not updated very quickly.
Perhaps OKImready joined eRewards via a Southwest invitation. I joined through a Hilton invitation and as a result, I get offered more Honors points for $100 than the general herd does.
bj2757 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Beware of the potato chips survey too. Kicks you out at about 70%. Just say you don't eat chips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.