Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
No limit on Hilton Redemptions

E-rewards currently has no limit on Hilton redemptions. I know it isn't the best use of points but for HH members who have a lot of E-reward currency to burn this could be a good use of some.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
"No limit on Hilton" works from 01.01.2017
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I know E-rewards keeps getting worse and worse about mining data before screening out, but this has to be the most egregious yet. After completing 97% of a survey about shopping, I get the "this study has received the number of responses required" message.

I was able to go back and grab a screen shot of the last question I completed before disqualification. I'm sure complaining to them will be ignored or get the usual response that they have no control over the surveys, but completing 97% of a long survey for a .25 payout is ridiculous.

So be warned, if you get a survey about shopping from d.researchnow, either skip it or screen yourself out.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I know E-rewards keeps getting worse and worse about mining data before screening out, but this has to be the most egregious yet. After completing 97% of a survey about shopping, I get the "this study has received the number of responses required" message.
I've had that happen at 99%...I contacted them, received a fairly idiotic response BUT they did give me the credit.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:09 pm

Well...

the worst e-miles gets, the better e-rewards appears, even with all of its flaws and surprise termination of accounts.
arollins likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Yep, I participated in a wine survey that had 5 sections which I completed. About 35 minutes worth for $8.25 in currency. I was then asked if I would complete a 6th section for no additional reward. I did. Then I was asked if I would join a "wine" panel for future research. I did. Then when I hit the "next" button, wham! I got kicked out of the survey due to not meeting the requirements for which they were looking. BS! I immediately contacted E-rewards and let them have it and told them that this was the biggest scam I had seen yet with them. I then demanded that they credit my account with the $8.25 in currency. Out of the goodness of their hearts, they did. But, then told me that I did not fit the demographics of the survey participants as the reason for getting kicked out of the survey. Again, BS! 35-40 minutes for $0.25? No.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by tunkaschila
Yep, I participated in a wine survey that had 5 sections which I completed. About 35 minutes worth for $8.25 in currency. I was then asked if I would complete a 6th section for no additional reward. I did. Then I was asked if I would join a "wine" panel for future research. I did. Then when I hit the "next" button, wham! I got kicked out of the survey due to not meeting the requirements for which they were looking. BS! I immediately contacted E-rewards and let them have it and told them that this was the biggest scam I had seen yet with them. I then demanded that they credit my account with the $8.25 in currency. Out of the goodness of their hearts, they did. But, then told me that I did not fit the demographics of the survey participants as the reason for getting kicked out of the survey. Again, BS! 35-40 minutes for $0.25? No.
Exactly the same thing that happened to me - and I had to laugh at the "demographics" response - I had completed the survey and they wanted more...BS...but I also got the payment after the fact.
tunkaschila likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:37 am

Latest survey scam from erewards this week for me, banking providers survey at the end asks for personal details then disqualifies you?

Pre-qualification question, does your organisation earn more than 500m or less than 500m on a drop down box, each selection tried and both fail?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Lots of disqualifications over the past month or so, yet I still get many regular emails from E-rewards.

Noticed on the most recent emails, that they came from "e-Rewards.NET".

Started me wondering if they weren't really from e-Rewards, since their website is a .com, rather then a .net. Emails look totally real, with no misspellings or errors, and address me by my first name, as before from the previous emails that actually worked in the past for their surveys.

Has anyone else noticed similar .net emails from e-Rewards, and actually finished a survey received from that emailed link?

Scam emails over a period of time?

Thanks,

bj-21.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Back in the old days, servers were separated by domains based on utility, with .com often used as a domain for web page serving servers, and .net being email servers. Of course, we've moved away from that trend now, but that could be a relic of the past.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by blackjack-21
Has anyone else noticed similar .net emails from e-Rewards, and actually finished a survey received from that emailed link?
I just took a look at a few recent emails and they're all from .net. A few surveys I screened out of and I think I completed one. Didn't notice the .net or get any impression it was a scam.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
With all the shortcomings of E-rewards, I still say they are far better than e-miles. When e-miles changed their format it made it harder to accumulate, lots of data mining for low payout. I have 307 emiles, need 193 to reach 500 and cash out. I have not noticed the E-rewards .net/.com issues, however, I have been kicked out several times at the >90% survey completion, on surveys that are well over 15 minutes or so in participation. Somehow they have shifted their preliminary question profile and have then scattered throughout the survey, back in the days used to be at the beginning, and the qualification requirements where very simple, age, location, sex, employment and ethnicity. Now they need home ownership, education, income, filed of work, how many members of family, do you have cell phone, etc. just way to much.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm enjoying Hilton's change to unlimited redemptions. Every two to three weeks, I cash out for 4,500 points.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:33 pm

can only complete about 10% of surveys because keep being kicked out near the end. these guys are a joke
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Any UK account holders being offered a 200 point survey on "Home & Family" from Intellisurvey today, skip it or screen yourself out asap.

The intro promises a time of 9 to 10 minutes. You are then presented with the demographic questions. The estimated time then changes to 15 to 20 minutes.

After you have answered a whole series of questions on how much you have spent on computers, domestic appliances and your car, you are then told you don't quality.

This type of dishonesty really gets my goat. Please don't feed them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.