Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
and here I thought it was just me it was happening to

A DP whenever I had a hotel stay and did them no problems at all, just like old times. Get home and for a day or 2 I could do them w/o any problems then bingo back to the "opportunity expired"
Currently I am able to do it on iPad with Safari even though the iPad is on the same home network therefore same IP address. Though the ratio of screened out surveys go through the roof as in there could be 8 in a row that only earned partial $0.25 credit but with 5 to 7 min eligibility screening!

eRewards do not provide any explanation on the "opportunity expired" glitch other than the generic "tips".
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:00 am

It would be nice for e-Rewards to put a button to report technical issues with their surveys when you abandon / cancel a survey.
Think their surveys are playing up today as just had four surveys in a row which have taken ages to load then get stuck or the error page.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Tilly71
It would be nice for e-Rewards to put a button to report technical issues with their surveys when you abandon / cancel a survey.
Isn't that what the Help>Contact Us function is intended to accomplish?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just tried to do survey with desktop computer but once again met with the “opportunity expired” message. This happened with both thru invite or directly from the site.

Back to iPad and it worked fine on both methods. Though on some surveys where drag and drop is required, iPad sometimes does not respond well.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
For some time, the United rewards were "on sale" for 20% off (eg, the 2000-mile reward only cost $80) and there no limitations on redemption frequency.

I see the pricing is back to normal (2000 miles cost $100 again), but does anyone know if the redemption frequency limits are back (once per month)?

I just spent the $100 in my account so it'll be a while before I can find out again for myself but wondering if anyone else has experience.

Thanks.
FTF
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
If you had to raise an incident report every time you wouldnt have any time to do surveys!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
For some time, the United rewards were "on sale" for 20% off (eg, the 2000-mile reward only cost $80) and there no limitations on redemption frequency.

I see the pricing is back to normal (2000 miles cost $100 again), but does anyone know if the redemption frequency limits are back (once per month)?

I just spent the $100 in my account so it'll be a while before I can find out again for myself but wondering if anyone else has experience.

Thanks.
FTF
At this point, theres no every 30 days language in the fine print Im seeing for United.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by beachmouse
At this point, there’s no ‘every 30 days’ language in the fine print I’m seeing for United.
I can confirm that the "once every 30 day rule" is still not in effect for United redemptions, having done one last week that was about 21 days since the last. Unfortunately, the 20% reduced rate has been gone for about a month, maybe a bit longer. I was able to take advantage of it in early January, but a month later it was back to the usual $100 in e-rewards currency.

Last edited by bob12403; Mar 2, 2022 at 11:47 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:38 am

If you had to raise an incident report every time you wouldn’t have any time to do surveys!
​Right, but pushing a button would not be a one-and-done proposition. You would still have to describe the problem so that they can (hopefully) try to address it. Hence my point that it would not be substantially different from the "Contact Us" function. But I do love the idea of some form of streamlined process to alert them to a problem, given how frequently issues seem to crop up.

Last edited by bob12403; Mar 2, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
They used to have a splash screen at the end of a survey that asked you to rate it and offered a comment box where you could note technical or logic issues with the survey but it went away a while back. Which was too bad because it was useful once in a while.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Thanks, beachmouse and bob12403. Gotta get back in there and make more $, but it's motivating to be able to redeem more often...at least as long as they leave it that way.
FTF
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by beachmouse
They used to have a splash screen at the end of a survey that asked you to rate it and offered a comment box where you could note technical or logic issues with the survey but it went away a while back. Which was too bad because it was useful once in a while.
Those always got me in trouble and my account suspended before I realized I shouldn't really tell them what I thought about their crazy survey :-)
randix and Tilly71 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:14 am

​Right, but pushing a button would not be a one-and-done proposition. You would still have to describe the problem so that they can (hopefully) try to address it. Hence my point that it would not be substantially different from the "Contact Us" function. But I do love the idea of some form of streamlined process to alert them to a problem, given how frequently issues seem to crop up.
I learned a long time not to contact them about anything unless your account has been locked.
randix and apeortdz like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:16 am

I learned a long time not to contact them about anything unless your account has been locked.
Do you find them not responsive, or are you concerned they might lock your account? In addition to getting them to successfully resolve a couple of account issues, I've contacted them in the past about not receiving any compensation for completed surveys. In most cases I've received e-rewards dollars in amounts up to full compensation.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
To me anyway it seems like customer service is back to the bad old days. For awhile when I had a dispute I was getting timely replies that actually read what the issue was and they resolved the issue. Not so much the last few weeks. I am getting more surveys that I get all the way through only to be told I didn't meet the criteria - even though I got a screen thanking me for completing the survey and reminding me the info was confidential. Because it has happened so much I have started taking a screen shot of the last screen showing it had been completed and the URL. Yesterday I had two in a row like that. I submitted both to customer service and while unlike the old days they responded the same day - even with the screen shots they came back and said I had failed to complete the surveys. They gave me 75 cents for the $2.50 survey and $2 for the $4.50 survey. I just had two more this morning that went the same way....frustrating. I also asked about their screening process that sends me a dozen surveys of which I am eliminated from 11 because I am a 76 year old white male - that they are well aware of. They ignore that question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.