Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 2:29 pm

3 days & posted😃 Last two redemptions have been this quick for me👍
Old May 1, 2020, 6:35 pm

Hello,

I am curious to know how people can accumulate thousand of points within a month?

I was sent a decent numbers of surveys everyday and most of them disqualified me, so I earned 25 cents for most. Occasionally I would be able to complete a whole survey which is getting rarer and rarer. I can probably make 100 ereward dollars in 3 months, plus or minor.

I found the ereward surveys are getting longer and longer and the reward dollars are getting less and less. I always have to answer quite a few questions before actually landed in the real survey. When it indicate the survey will take about 10 minutes and in reality it will take 3 times the amount of time. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds+ just to move to the next page. At times, I was 45 minutes into a survey and either got an error message or told the survey had received enough responses and kicked me out. It was very annoying.

I think maybe it is the time to say goodbye to ereward, it does not seem to worth the time and energy anymore.
Counsellor and Brendan like this.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by lililolo
Hello,
I am curious to know how people can accumulate thousand of points within a month?
I was sent a decent numbers of surveys everyday and most of them disqualified me, so I earned 25 cents for most. Occasionally I would be able to complete a whole survey which is getting rarer and rarer. I can probably make 100 ereward dollars in 3 months, plus or minor.
I think you may be comparing apples (US e-rewards) to oranges (UK e-rewards.) I don't know where you're located, but you refer to earning e-rewards "dollars", which is how the US program denotes their earnings. I'm in the States, that's the program I'm familiar with. I can usually earn at least several hundred e-rewards dollars per month. A thousand in a month seems impossible on any kind of regular basis.

However, the UK site FAQ's indicate "Activities normally pay between 400 and 1400 Opinion Points." So they pay more in points per survey than the US program pays in dollars. Now I don't know how the redemption rates for the UK points compare with the US dollars. The US program requires $100 e-rewards=2,000 United miles. Is there anyone who is in the UK program who could shed some light on the differences?
Old May 2, 2020, 11:24 am

Thank you for your reply and clarification. I am not aware there are 2 ereward programs.

however, earning several hundred ereward dollars a month still seems a lot to me. If I have to do it, I probably have to spend ample of my time everyday to achieve that.

Thanks again!
Old May 2, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by supernewfcombo
I'm at 27 days and waiting for Hilton
My last redemption was March 26. Still waiting.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by bob12403
Now I don't know how the redemption rates for the UK points compare with the US dollars. The US program requires $100 e-rewards=2,000 United miles. Is there anyone who is in the UK program who could shed some light on the differences?
It seems that on the earning side 1point=1cent. In the UK it's 25 points for not qualifying for a survey, in the US it's 25 cents. The burning side might be whatever, e.g. at the best rates 7000points get you 8000 Hilton, 6500points get you 2000 BA Avios.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lililolo
Thank you for your reply and clarification. I am not aware there are 2 ereward programs.
Even more - there are country specific ones for the US, UK, Sweden, Germany, France, etc.
Old May 3, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
However, the UK site FAQ's indicate "Activities normally pay between 400 and 1400 Opinion Points."
In reality, activities "normally" pay 100-300 points. 400-1400 is simply untrue.
Old May 3, 2020, 3:45 am

However, the UK site FAQ's indicate "Activities normally pay between 400 and 1400 Opinion Points." So they pay more in points per survey than the US program pays in dollars. Now I don't know how the redemption rates for the UK points compare with the US dollars. The US program requires $100 e-rewards=2,000 United miles. Is there anyone who is in the UK program who could shed some light on the differences?
In the UK 8000 e-rewards points gets you 2000 United points
Old May 3, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
And of course, an erewards "dollar" is worth nowhere near an actual US dollar. Example: gift card redemptions typically require 75 erewards dollars for a $25 gc.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Athena53
My last redemption was March 26. Still waiting.
Not that you want to hear this but I redeemed on May 1 and the points were in my Hilton account today (May 4). I don't understand the inconsistency people are experiencing.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
And of course, an erewards "dollar" is worth nowhere near an actual US dollar. Example: gift card redemptions typically require 75 erewards dollars for a $25 gc.
But still better than the Zimbabwean dollar, so...
Old May 7, 2020, 2:06 pm

Hi,i am sure this has been asked before, but i struggle to find that.
Am i right that i can redeem two times 8000 (=16k) e-rewads opinion points at a time, every 60 days giving me 14.000 Total Hilton points?
Old May 7, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Not that you want to hear this but I redeemed on May 1 and the points were in my Hilton account today (May 4). I don't understand the inconsistency people are experiencing.
Thanks. I'm going to send e-Rewards a note.
Old May 8, 2020, 8:54 am

Do you have to receive an SMS or Voice MSG every time you want to redeem your points for a reward?

Last edited by Tilly71; May 12, 2020 at 6:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.