Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
There’s a dropdown list of country codes
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, Amtrak, Aer Lingus, Delta, Southwest, United, and gmail
From e-rewards:

"We appreciate your feedback! We understand that the issue is quite frustrating on your end but as part of our account security, our system will not allow VOIP or Google numbers to be used for account verification. Sadly, there's currently no process to override this type of restriction aside from using a different number that is valid. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you on your end."

I could appreciate this restriction if I were applying to participate, but to put this new restriction on after years of participation and a large points balance seems to me a breach of contract. Now I understand this isn't worth going to court over, but I can at least warn others of their attitude towards their users.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ditchhook
First or second of June I tried to redeem some of my points, and the software demanded to call me and give me a pass code. I had changed my number more than a year ago to Google voice more than a year ago, so I figured I needed to up date the data for them. It must be done over the phone, I could not update on-line. However, they just wouldn't respond to any of my email requests for a contact number to proceed. I started searching the internet for a valid phone number, and finally found a valid one, apparently it was an answer service (they were very coy about who they represented) however, I finally go an e-mail back, saying they cleared my old number and I could log into my account and provide the new number. However, it wouldn't take my only number (google voice). Subsequent requests for advice on how to proceed have been consistently ignored. I have more than $260 in "points" to redeem, but of course their software refuses to allow me to do, and their support services refuse to help me out.

I too have seen lately a large increase in "time wasting" questions before even allowed a survey to complete, and many more surveys asking extensive questions before rejecting me and giving me only the 25c consolation prize.

New users should be aware of the real time one contributes to get "dollar denominated" points that mislead one as to their real value. For example: It costs 150 "dollar denominated" points to get one night at an unpopular hotel location (worth $60-$80?). If it takes me 20-30 hours of survey answering to get those points, my compensation is $2-$3 per hour. If on top of that there's a high risk that the company will arbitrarily change their rules and take away what you have saved, it becomes clear the compensation provided is misleadingly low.
Your experience is exactly why I redeem everytime i surpass $25 threshold. Anything more than $50 is a gamble it seems.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by nli007
Your experience is exactly why I redeem everytime i surpass $25 threshold. Anything more than $50 is a gamble it seems.
In the UK, a while ago they started closing accounts that had more than 10-15k of points quoting the usual BS reasons. After that, I always try to cash out ASAP.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm doing the same - every 30 days, whatever happens to be on the account is redeemed, no matter if it would make sense to wait for the next threshold.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by nli007
This! I became so frustrated getting to 50 points for a higher Hilton reward and continuously having to chase or follow up either for missing survey points thereafter or for Hilton redemptions. I now redeem as soon as I get to $25 either for AS miles or HH points. I started doing this around October of last year & so far so good.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:36 am

The last two days my account has had the statement No available surveys, please update your profile. I've never had this statement apart from the very first few days of the new account opening.
Do you think my account is temp suspended under review and should I cash out now?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avios redemptions post later and later in the week. Not long ago they posted on Mondays. Then on Tuesdays. Now they post on Thursdays.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Avios redemptions post later and later in the week. Not long ago they posted on Mondays. Then on Tuesdays. Now they post on Thursdays.
Agree, i redeemed last Thurs for avios, usually in 2 x days before it would credit. Took until today to credit so 4 x days in total.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Tilly71
The last two days my account has had the statement No available surveys, please update your profile. I've never had this statement apart from the very first few days of the new account opening.
Do you think my account is temp suspended under review and should I cash out now?
Did you go ahead and update your profile? I can't tell you if you've been temp suspended, but can tell you that in my experience what you've described is not unusual. I've been pretty active on e-rewards for years, and I still periodically get a "No available surveys, please update your profile" message. Sometimes it's a couple of questions, and every once in a long while there are a bunch of categories that require updating. Typically they've added one or more questions to a category that had already been completed. The old Q&A are still there but some new questions are waiting to be answered. I take a few minutes, finish answering the new questions, and then wait for a new round of surveys to appear, typically no later than the next day.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
After age 65, does frequency of surveys decrease?

Wondering if anyone here has been active on e-rewards at the time they turned 65. If so, did you notice any change in the amount of surveys you've received? I've noticed that when a survey asks for your age, and gives you age bands to select from, it seems that they frequently do 5-10 year bands up to 64, then it often becomes just "65+". Not a concern for me at the moment, just curious if that's indicative of a general decreased interest on the part of the survey companies in the opinions of seniors.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
Wondering if anyone here has been active on e-rewards at the time they turned 65. If so, did you notice any change in the amount of surveys you've received? I've noticed that when a survey asks for your age, and gives you age bands to select from, it seems that they frequently do 5-10 year bands up to 64, then it often becomes just "65+". Not a concern for me at the moment, just curious if that's indicative of a general decreased interest on the part of the survey companies in the opinions of seniors.
I have been in the 35-44 band for more than 20 years.
WilcoRoger, ankomonkey and Tilly71 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
Did you go ahead and update your profile? I can't tell you if you've been temp suspended, but can tell you that in my experience what you've described is not unusual. I've been pretty active on e-rewards for years, and I still periodically get a "No available surveys, please update your profile" message. Sometimes it's a couple of questions, and every once in a long while there are a bunch of categories that require updating. Typically they've added one or more questions to a category that had already been completed. The old Q&A are still there but some new questions are waiting to be answered. I take a few minutes, finish answering the new questions, and then wait for a new round of surveys to appear, typically no later than the next day.
My profile was 100% completed, knew something was up when I got an error message when trying to make a redemption to contact them. I did contact them quoting the code on the error page but four days on still waiting for an update!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Tilly71
My profile was 100% completed, knew something was up when I got an error message when trying to make a redemption to contact them. I did contact them quoting the code on the error page but four days on still waiting for an update!
Got this:

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by vvn1972
Got this:

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.
Can you still log in to your suspended account as I can still whilst waiting for the reply.
Barstewards, I was only 500 points off a Hilton 8k redemption also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.