Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by neuromancer
The issue will disappear after the problem survey expires
Apparently the survey still not expire yet, i tried from the email link, to actually log in to the site, click on surveys that have different dollar amount, still go back to the same one.
Old May 24, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Was able yo do one this morning before I got stuck on a bad survey again ...
Old May 24, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Was able yo do one this morning before I got stuck on a bad survey again ...
Same here. Very frustrating. The problem child is a $4.75 entertainment survey from ssisurveys.com
Old May 24, 2020, 11:12 am

Mine is a one about transportation. It's affecting e-rewards, miles for opinions and The terminal opinion. It keeps going back and won't let me do another survey. Grrrr
Old May 24, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Seems to be a very widespread problem - and at a bad time (long weekend, when a lot of people have extra time). It's been on and off for me for a day and a half but I just had a good session of surveys so maybe it's finally clearing.

FTF
Old May 24, 2020, 3:35 pm

Same problem here. Business & Employment, 275 points, 10 minutes. Keeps pointing me to this survey. Hopefully dropped off the list by tomorrow.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
It's been on and off for me for a day and a half but I just had a good session of surveys so maybe it's finally clearing.

FTF
Not clearing at all, as of 1:25am CDT, still stuck.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Not clearing at all, as of 1:25am CDT, still stuck.
Same issue here...
Old May 25, 2020, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Thanks and even better - you can choose e.g 2 awards at the same time, just move the number from 1 to 2. Probably even more, if you have the points. Earlier it was rejected, today it went thru and I was still within the 30 days period. ^
Let's see Tuesday morning if they post normally.

EDITed to add - it seems that it doesn't work on all accounts... bug or feature, who knows?
Yes, you can select as many redemptions as you like from the drop down section. Problem is, a while ago EREWARDS starting cancelling accounts with to many points in so intend to cash out as quickly as possible.
I can confirm the extra redemptions are not working on a 2nd account of mine, tried it on Virgin & Hilton etc. So appears only works on BA Avios accounts only.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Tilly71
I can confirm the extra redemptions are not working on a 2nd account of mine, tried it on Virgin & Hilton etc. So appears only works on BA Avios accounts only.
Not even on all BA accounts. On one account, no problem selecting 2x2000 Avios (tomorrow we'll see if they post) while on another no redemption possible at all with the 30 days period. Actually I tried to redeem some residual points on the first account a day later and after an SMS check* it came up against the usual warning, that I have already redeemed within the period.

So maybe a bug and not a feature?

* sigh - again, for chrissakes
Tilly71 likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
I was able to do one or two this morning, but kept getting taken back to another problem child. Finally just let the site percolate for a while, and by 2:30pm it appears that the broken survey is gone and I have been able to complete several new ones...including one that had the same topic and dollar value as one that had given me problems earlier.
EDITED TO ADD: I take it back, a new problem survey has arisen from the ashes. Business & Employment for $3.50, Alex. I think I'm going to let it all rest until tomorrow.
EDITED TO ADD 2: Waited overnight, now all of the problem surveys are gone, and was able to attempt all surveys in my dashboard. That was a very annoying glitch this past weekend.

Last edited by bob12403; May 26, 2020 at 6:51 am
Old May 26, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Now it’s Tuesday but no Avios showing. I have a bad feeling about this...

4k Avios posted, 1 day later than usual, so all's good.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; May 26, 2020 at 11:12 pm Reason: updated info
Old May 28, 2020, 2:23 am

Is there a successful method of getting through the multiple choice questionnaires anyone has discovered on here like a pattern? I only have about a 20% success rate of getting through these questionnaires, If I fail on one account I try a different tactic on the 2nd but this doesn't work that often also.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Is there a successful method of getting through the multiple choice questionnaires anyone has discovered on here like a pattern? I only have about a 20% success rate of getting through these questionnaires, If I fail on one account I try a different tactic on the 2nd but this doesn't work that often also.
Are you talking about the screening questions, i.e. "What is your marital status?" or "What is your age range?" that determine whether or not you can proceed to the actual survey? FWIW, I always answer those honestly and uniformly from survey to survey. I seem to remember some people reporting being locked out in the past because their answers were determined to be inconsistent. If you try to game the system, you do it at your own risk. And as each survey is different, the cohorts that they want for one survey may be very different for another.

Not sure if your 20% success rate is all that low, especially if you're new to e-rewards. I have the impression that the more surveys you have completed over a decent period of time, the better they can theoretically tailor surveys to you. I've been doing it for years, just took a look at my last few days, and it looks like about 40% of my surveys returned more than 25 cents. Twenty-five cents is typically the reward for an incomplete survey. However, some incomplete surveys reward higher than 25 cents, so my apparent 40% completion rate might be an overstatement. Just saying that if you think you're going to get up to something like 50% completion or higher, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Last edited by bob12403; May 28, 2020 at 10:08 am
Old May 28, 2020, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by bob12403
Are you talking about the screening questions, i.e. "What is your marital status?" or "What is your age range?" that determine whether or not you can proceed to the actual survey? FWIW, I always answer those honestly and uniformly from survey to survey. I seem to remember some people reporting being locked out in the past because their answers were determined to be inconsistent. If you try to game the system, you do it at your own risk. And as each survey is different, the cohorts that they want for one survey may be very different for another.

Not sure if your 20% success rate is all that low, especially if you're new to e-rewards. I have the impression that the more surveys you have completed over a decent period of time, the better they can theoretically tailor surveys to you. I've been doing it for years, just took a look at my last few days, and it looks like about 40% of my surveys returned more than 25 cents. Twenty-five cents is typically the reward for an incomplete survey. However, some incomplete surveys reward higher than 25 cents, so my apparent 40% completion rate might be an overstatement. Just saying that if you think you're going to get up to something like 50% completion or higher, you're probably going to be disappointed.
Hi,
It's the multi-choice initial questionnaires I'm receiving in the last few days, these are the ones your faced with when you click on a survey link in your account. I tend to get a multi choice of around 10-20 selections on these recently. If I check say 4-5 statements it seems to mostly screen me out. I sometimes just click the bottom box to answer "no to all" and this sometimes continues on to an actual survey.
I was wondering if anybody had a successful strategy they use faced with these multi choice initial survey qualifiers for getting through them succesfully?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.