FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

happyland Jan 5, 2015 4:51 pm

Anyone having any luck with 1x or 3x for the $1 BF C1-C2 fares from SkyTeam?

Epicura Jan 5, 2015 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 24105120)
Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

Sub 100 EUR (OJ). And my first attempt.

Edit: second attempt- 109 EUR RT and much more convenient for Pimpcoltd.

I think I'm going to BKK, perhaps even twice :D .

anandrag Jan 5, 2015 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24107760)
Sub 100 EUR. And my first attempt.

I think I'm going to BKK, perhaps even twice :D .

Whats Min stay for BKK that you're finding? I'm not finding any quick 1-2 night turnarounds

Epicura Jan 5, 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24107836)
Whats Min stay for BKK that you're finding? I'm not finding any quick 1-2 night turnarounds

7 nights if I remember well.

anandrag Jan 5, 2015 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24107859)
7 nights if I remember well.

Thx. Validates what I'm finding at 6+ night stays only. Need shorter stays so don't take so many days off from work.
Anyone find 1-2 night dumps?

flylonghaul Jan 5, 2015 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by vinvam (Post 24107487)
I think the currency is a hint -- likely a 1x in C2. Am I on the right track here?

Currency is a hint, but not of the strike.

Thx. Validates what I'm finding at 6+ night stays only. Need shorter stays so don't take so many days off from work.
Anyone find 1-2 night dumps?
Fare rules are 7 / 1M so no short turns available on this fare unfortunately.

fuyao Jan 5, 2015 6:58 pm

Haven't seen any postings recently for this route (or overlooked it) so I thought some might appreciate it if they are actually from there ;)

C5s-C1e AI RT 266$ on major OTA
to C1c or C1w add a few $

seris7 Jan 5, 2015 6:59 pm

Cheapest BF ever to C5s (not South Africa)

ST has released $1 bf from various US cities (SFO,ATL,WAS,ORD) to exotic Southern and Central African destinations, like TRN, KGL, LLW and LAD among others.
Just wanted to add some spice on the thread...

no27 Jan 5, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm looking for U.S.-TNR, (ORD or IAD) BF is $1, lowest I can get it to is around $550 with a 3x (though haven't found an OTA for it yet). Does anybody have any hints on a 3x that would shave off more than that?

I know I should have looked a long time ago for a working 3x and waited for the BFs to come down, but I never bothered because all I ever saw were BFs about 800 or so in each direction.

Any hints welcome, or PMs as well :)

doomxpatrol Jan 5, 2015 7:19 pm

Any hints for the DL .50 and $1 fares?

I am still a noob, but I have some *A SIN dumps to trade :). PM's are welcome if possible!

zoonil Jan 5, 2015 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Originally Posted by metooleopard (Post 24107155)
I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

I won't expect this fare with a 3x

more of 1x or a fancier construct

paagal12 Jan 5, 2015 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by fuyao (Post 24106770)
There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

Thanks, will continue to grind away til my hair falls off.
Lol
Thanks.

PHLightPhanatic Jan 5, 2015 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by PHLightPhanatic (Post 24103217)
Starting from scratch - I'm still wading through the thread from beginning. Almost done with the 2011's. Hope to get caught up to present by end of the month. The riddles and the game to find or solve are fun challenges.

I was able to cut the NYC-BKK down to $511 using a 1X in C3. EK?

Are the big dogs (not be be confused with AFWD) always using ITA carrier+city+specific fare basis to save computational space for the 1x or 3x?

For this riddle I see xxx.com. This adds up to 3Xs? Or maybe just a website with three-letters.com? or maybe both? Does the french dialogue suggests a french city that is the 1x or 3x?

A little more progress today, Can drop to $551 on ITA using a C3 3X but cant get any OTA to price it out. Using fare basis in the advanced routing codes seems to bring out more interesting data.

oneworldmonger Jan 5, 2015 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by no27 (Post 24108310)
I'm looking for U.S.-TNR, (ORD or IAD) BF is $1, lowest I can get it to is around $550 with a 3x (though haven't found an OTA for it yet). Does anybody have any hints on a 3x that would shave off more than that?

I know I should have looked a long time ago for a working 3x and waited for the BFs to come down, but I never bothered because all I ever saw were BFs about 800 or so in each direction.

Any hints welcome, or PMs as well :)

Agreed about the OTA issue. The 3X candidates are all on airlines that don't seem to play well with ST. Any luck out there?

nwa330 Jan 5, 2015 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by PHLightPhanatic (Post 24108841)
A little more progress today, Can drop to $551 on ITA using a C3 3X but cant get any OTA to price it out. Using fare basis in the advanced routing codes seems to bring out more interesting data.

Seems other fares, with other airlines , can trim it lower then your $551. Time to give up on this and go back to the bread and butter that has been working for a long time.

You can almost buy a r/t on Air Norwegian for that price. I wont' get out of bed for a $551 fare to BKK. I need to see $400-450 which can be had almost all the time from some c1 airport.