FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

photoguy989 Jan 3, 15 4:12 pm

I'm pretty new at this and have been lurking and learning for a while, but:

C1e-C3 $423 on a OW carrier

C1e-C2 $262 on a C2.5 carrier

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 3, 15 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24095544)
Oh boy, do you underestimate the nuances in this thread. WWE is not just posting this in order to show off his savoir-vivre ;).

Why do you think I shared that my routing was slightly different?

Btw, I'm at 160 EUR now.

Correct there was no hidden message in choice those delicatessens. Carpaccio al Salmone followed by Reindeer Fillet followed by Sake and then Kidney Pie would have been more appropriate.

As a Hedonistic follower of sensual experiences and in eternal search for earthly pleasures, you got it right.

frequentflyingdutchman Jan 4, 15 2:28 am

I'm still wondering what 'OKINAWA is tropical' was supposed to mean. Or were you really referring to Okinawa's subtropical climate? I always find it hard not to try to find a hint in every single word you post...

PROACTIVE Jan 4, 15 2:30 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24096262)
Correct there was no hidden message in choice those delicatessens. Carpaccio al Salmone followed by Reindeer Fillet followed by Sake and then Kidney Pie would have been more appropriate.

As a Hedonistic follower of sensual experiences and in eternal search for earthly pleasures, you got it right.

Hello WWE

thanx for being more explicit on this idillic lunch but what about the missing dishes of your first list ?
Do not see any beverage here in this new sequence and having it on the middle would not allow to end the party within 2 days.
Would they be starters or come at the end of your big festive meal?

Alex100i Jan 4, 15 4:01 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24096262)
Carpaccio al Salmone followed by Reindeer Fillet followed by Sake and then Kidney Pie would have been more appropriate.

Ahaha it's getting hilarious, so let's try to think about it:

1x or 3x?
Carpaccio al Salmone-> BLQ, FLR or FCO
Reindeer Fillet-> Scandinavia, if OW can be HEL (Northern Route version 2?)
Kidney Pie-> Britain, maybe BHX, if OW put LON on ITAsearch and range of 200 KM, let's see what happen ;)

336 Jan 4, 15 4:13 am

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24095485)
I hope this doesn't mean anything.... unless it does. Especially the Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne part. 2x with Russia / France? :P

Of course only WWE knows what the intended meaning is, but there exists a famous French vodka as well... Personally I would also not associate France with vodka immediately, but it does work... Everything is open for interpretation.

I see such routing for 151 euro. Add about 15-20 euro for any card.

Thanks for having shared this.

336 Jan 4, 15 4:35 am

Be creative. Depart elsewhere. 111 euro.

Reindeer fillet included.

You can play with both departure and arrival airport. If you prefer oysters over beaches, you can dip below 100 euro.

Price update: OKA also available for less than 100 euro after date optimisation.

burito Jan 4, 15 5:14 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24097578)
Of course only WWE knows what the intended meaning is, but there exists a famous French vodka as well...

Grey Goose vodka is not six times distilled...;).

jclover213 Jan 4, 15 5:16 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24097621)
Be creative. Depart elsewhere. 111 euro.

Reindeer fillet included.

You can play with both departure and arrival airport. If you prefer oysters over beaches, you can dip below 100 euro.

I was kindly told of a 1x for this, but is there any 3x potential?

Alec84 Jan 4, 15 6:27 am

Originally Posted by frequentflyingdutchman (Post 24097345)
I'm still wondering what 'OKINAWA is tropical' was supposed to mean. Or were you really referring to Okinawa's subtropical climate? I always find it hard not to try to find a hint in every single word you post...

As far as I understand it, it means that you should fly to the tropical part of the Okinawa prefecture, ISG. (it seems that I was overthingking, since user 336 mentions OKA)

/Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin I interpret as KIX/NRT/HND as beef is the preferred meat choice with curry in Osaka. And since this combination is placed last, it should be the 3x, right? The sushi/sashimi part in the beginning seems to indicate a 1x, which for most would be totally unflyable. Vodka is Finland.

However, I haven't managed to make this work, even with the routing being FCO-HEL-Japan-England-FCO.

I would appreciate any help by pm and will also gladly edit my post if it reveals too much.

Any way to find this with a fare class that would earn 100% of close to 100% on AA?

Deltahater Jan 4, 15 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Alec84 (Post 24097909)
As far as I understand it, it means that you should fly to the tropical part of the Okinawa prefecture, ISG. (it seems that I was overthingking, since user 336 mentions OKA)

/Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin I interpret as KIX/NRT/HND as beef is the preferred meat choice with curry in Osaka. And since this combination is placed last, it should be the 3x, right? The sushi/sashimi part in the beginning seems to indicate a 1x, which for most would be totally unflyable. Vodka is Finland.

However, I haven't managed to make this work, even with the routing being FCO-HEL-Japan-England-FCO.

I would appreciate any help by pm and will also gladly edit my post if it reveals too much.

Any way to find this with a fare class that would earn 100% of close to 100% on AA?

Why is Vodka Finnish to you?
Now, I think HEL is probably a better place to connect than LED on this trip

pimpcoltd Jan 4, 15 9:28 am

Knowing that different people have different tastes, I see way too much ketchup spilled over the delicacies here and a lot of inappropriate talking-loud. Reminds me of the nouveau riche.

RangeXT Jan 4, 15 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Marwanie (Post 24097716)
I was kindly told of a 1x for this, but is there any 3x potential?

Thanks to read over my last post. I appreciate that.

But as usual there is a lot of bla bla because people tend to ask instead of taking that time to use their head

maclover Jan 4, 15 9:54 am

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 24098617)
Knowing that different people have different tastes, I see way too much ketchup spilled over the delicacies here and a lot of inappropriate talking-loud. Reminds me of the nouveau riche.

:rolleyes:
From a 3 months old joiner, this is such a nice comment

jclover213 Jan 4, 15 9:58 am

Originally Posted by RangeXT (Post 24098697)
Thanks to read over my last post. I appreciate that.

But as usual there is a lot of bla bla because people tend to ask instead of taking that time to use their head

Oops! Missed your last post, thanks! I tried for quite a while to find a 3x before I posted, but must be missing something, I'll keep going though! Does the 3x remove all the YQ? That's where I'm stumbling, I can get part of the YQ removed but can't hit the prices which people are posting here.