FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

patgarrett Apr 2, 2015 7:34 am

Originally Posted by avi1985 (Post 24603947)
Hi everybody

I red this forum and thread for the last 2 month and I really appreciate another hint here or in PM. I really want to surprise my wife for her birthday.
I found the flights but couldn't find the 3X.
Did you find it on ITA or OTA?

thanks

If you've been reading the thread for two months and think you're going to get anywhere by asking for PMs with 3 posts to your name you might want to rethink your approach.

RangeXT Apr 2, 2015 8:16 am

Hi everybody

I red this forum and thread for the last 2 month and I really appreciate another hint here or in PM. I really want to surprise my wife for her birthday.

thanks

Congrats if she is worth 125 bucks ;-).

Following the action here since 2 months, better forget about that deal.

You cant expect to be competitive in a marathon after 2 months of training, too.

billotos Apr 2, 2015 8:52 am

woohoo! I did my first FD! knocks off about 50%+ of the fuel surcharge for some Asian airlines! It took some luck but now it feels good!

Calgary88 Apr 2, 2015 9:19 am

Originally Posted by nwa330 (Post 24603669)
Looks like JFK-SIN has a good fare going right now.

Your price is not bad for April/May, it seems the appetizer is less Delicious than before :(

WingedWorldExplorer Apr 2, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi everybody

thanks

Wow - 2 months. Her biggest surprise will be when you have to hurry to a cheap Motel 6 near your expected departure airport due to your flight taking off without you and her.

Has anyone noticed how I am trying my best to outdo RangeXT.

cvision Apr 2, 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24607282)

Sorry, but his remark outperforms yours :eek:

To make a remark towards my O-fare question on BA, at least Q is here again :)

pimpcoltd Apr 2, 2015 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24607282)
Wow - 2 months. Her biggest surprise will be when you have to hurry to a cheap Motel 6 near your expected departure airport due to your flight taking off without you and her.

He could prove to be a man of world and generosity and surprise her with two longhaul journeys. Could backfire, however, when she wonders why they fly from Cxa to Cxb via Cy: Disoriented guys are not exactly husband material. :)

nwa330 Apr 2, 2015 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 24605684)
Your price is not bad for April/May, it seems the appetizer is less Delicious than before :(

I don't mess around with appetizers.

avi1985 Apr 3, 2015 5:04 am

very funny, best jokes ever heard. hope that you have friend with such jokes

billotos Apr 3, 2015 6:12 am

does anyone know if MU is 100% dumpable? I have managed 50% dump

h15t0r1an Apr 3, 2015 6:39 am

Originally Posted by IancoleTX (Post 24600295)
Esteemed FDers, I am seeking your assistance.

I am trying to book a trip for mom, dad, brother for little brother's graduation and family's first time abroad. Very flexible in terms, seeking roughly 2 week itinerary in July originating IAH (or AUS, DAL if savings) and O/J to any two points in or around Germany that are a good distance apart, example DUS/VIE or MUC/MXP, etc, but very flexible. If anyone can help me cut some fat for my family's budget I would truly appreciate it, not opposed to fair compensation for anyone's time - I respect how much work some of you have put into learning this craft. Please PM if you can help, thanks kindly for the consideration.

Try Air Berlin if you can get to any of their start points. Don't trick it with family.

h15t0r1an Apr 3, 2015 6:51 am

Originally Posted by IancoleTX (Post 24600465)
I am very familiar with the CC game and have miles for my and wife's travel plans next year, but parents are from small town, self-employed, and do not have sufficient credit history/score for signups/MS. Good thought though.

If you are well travelled and know your way round the points schemes, then could you use your own miles to book tickets for your family?

You sound sophisticated enough to be able to use your own miles to help your parents who need it and then to know how to earn more miles for your own trip for next year.

brumbrum Apr 3, 2015 8:30 am

Originally Posted by billotos (Post 24610181)
does anyone know if MU is 100% dumpable? I have managed 50% dump

me too. And all-in is usually higher than without a dessert...

QEternity Apr 3, 2015 3:01 pm

Any C1e looking to make it out to the newest Ultra addition can do it for 451.85 Euro with dessert.

Single_Flyer Apr 3, 2015 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by QEternity (Post 24612792)
Any C1e looking to make it out to the newest Ultra addition can do it for $550 with dessert.

I think you can do it without a dessert actually.