FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

wntl Apr 3, 2015 4:31 pm

C2 - C5s (not RSA) - 202 €. Easy flyable. Payment by Diners. By other cards about 20€ more.

QEternity Apr 3, 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by awaite01 (Post 24613174)
I think you can do it without a dessert actually.

Don't think so. Also, above is on premium airline(s).

*EDIT* Ok, we were talking about different shows.

maxvor Apr 3, 2015 6:02 pm

Dear FTers,
I'm trying to work on 81e BF (ST) and close to 400 being fat, departing November from LGBT capital arriving to the country where Ts are in abundance, but straggling to find easy-to-make 1X or any 3X/OJ. Any hint into PM is very much appreciated!

citsfo Apr 3, 2015 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 24613554)
Dear FTers,
I'm trying to work on 81e BF (ST) and close to 400 being fat, departing November from LGBT capital arriving to the country where Ts are in abundance, but straggling to find easy-to-make 1X or any 3X/OJ. Any hint into PM is very much appreciated!

English please, no need to code bfs.

Steve_Kenyon Apr 3, 2015 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 24613554)
Dear FTers,

Help yourself by helping us understand what you actually need help with. If I have the carrier right, you probably can't dump it using just a simple strike.

QEternity Apr 3, 2015 10:54 pm

C1-C3s 272 quid during peak season...very flyable, probably less if you have better upcoming positioning than me.

jorun Apr 4, 2015 3:25 am

Just for funny :D

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22019419-post30827.html

Some days ago blogs posted point 2) trick.

maxvor Apr 4, 2015 3:37 am

Originally Posted by citsfo (Post 24613707)
English please, no need to code bfs.

Originally Posted by Steve_Kenyon (Post 24613742)
Help yourself by helping us understand what you actually need help with. If I have the carrier right, you probably can't dump it using just a simple strike.

Fair notices. So, in plain English, AMS to BKK on AF. Combinability rules are pretty relaxed, but none of the strikes I know proved to be useful, neither did adding segment by ground. I've got a feeling it's dumpable, it's just that i'm looking into wrong directions. Thanks in advance if anyone can give a hint

on22cz Apr 4, 2015 5:22 am

C2n - C3se $170. Lucky or smart enough travellers may save $5 more. Excellent travel times.

$87 to C2.5.

worldjunky Apr 4, 2015 5:54 am

MCO-MRU: BF $272 YQ~476, best price I can get with dessert or appetizer is $617. Can it be had for under $500.

Epicura Apr 4, 2015 6:05 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 24614802)
Combinability rules are pretty relaxed, ...

?

You might want to read the fare rules again for Air France (AF) RPRNL AMS to BKK.

Steve_Kenyon Apr 4, 2015 7:56 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 24614802)
Fair notices. So, in plain English, AMS to BKK on AF. Combinability rules are pretty relaxed, but none of the strikes I know proved to be useful, neither did adding segment by ground. I've got a feeling it's dumpable, it's just that i'm looking into wrong directions. Thanks in advance if anyone can give a hint

Haven't looked into this in too much detail but I don't think this fare is amenable to our games. With KL from certain C2s cities you can find an impressive trick or two but even then you have to be in the right place at the right time.

maxvor Apr 4, 2015 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Kenyon (Post 24615435)
Haven't looked into this in too much detail but I don't think this fare is amenable to our games. With KL from certain C2s cities you can find an impressive trick or two but even then you have to be in the right place at the right time.

Thanks, that's what I also arrived at as a conclusion after playing with it for a day or two, but wanted to double-check with you more experienced folk since I'm just doing my baby steps in the game.

Btw, while playing with it, managed to exploit a trick most probably known to most of you, but would love to improve the result. So, if you are bored of eating frogs and would love to get some sushi, open your jaw wider, cause there is a team member willing to help. I would love him to do it cheaper though, since his ~370e receipe still contains too much fat.

TeamCarryOn Apr 5, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi all. Looking for some help or a good hint with the following:

WAS-KWI via_ek. BF is 162 and YQ is...584. Looking at the rules, I thought an appetizer was possible but I can't seem to get one to work. Frankly, I have better flyable options with a dessert or some other dish after this one, as I'm planning to spend euros, pesos and reais this summer.

MasterGeek Apr 5, 2015 11:44 pm

Looking to dump YUL-CMN or nearby but unable to find appropriate dessert. Any tips appreciated. Thanks