FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

trapped Jan 5, 15 11:25 pm

Finally located my first curve ball. High base fares from Chi to Vietnam don't allow for much, but was able to remove about 1/4 of the fat. Anyone care to help me via PM on why exactly it works? I've read the fare rules and think I'm starting to see how its all related just would appreciate a nudge to possibly remove more fat or future fat.

31570324 Jan 6, 15 2:15 am

I get the message "One of the flights you selected requires paper tickets. The other airline will not accept them. Please select different airlines." Is there any OTA which will still issue a ticket for this connection?

BrazilianGringo Jan 6, 15 3:56 am


Originally Posted by happyland (Post 24107719)
Anyone having any luck with 1x or 3x for the $1 BF C1-C2 fares from SkyTeam?


I'd love some help on this as well. My standby 1x's seem to have dried up...

brumbrum Jan 6, 15 3:58 am


Originally Posted by 31570324 (Post 24109950)
I get the message "One of the flights you selected requires paper tickets. The other airline will not accept them. Please select different airlines." Is there any OTA which will still issue a ticket for this connection?

I read something about this in T&Cs of cheaptickets.com. For a surcharge.

denis1991 Jan 6, 15 4:06 am


Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24110237)
I read something about this in T&Cs of cheaptickets.com. For a surcharge.

But this would require interaction with a human, right? Not a good idea with missing YQ, I think :D

brumbrum Jan 6, 15 4:37 am


Originally Posted by denis1991 (Post 24110265)
But this would require interaction with a human, right? Not a good idea with missing YQ, I think :D

definitely. I forgot it. And even didn´t know about Air Koryo dumps :-D

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 6, 15 6:30 am


Originally Posted by seris7 (Post 24108292)
ST has released $1 bf from various US cities (SFO,ATL,WAS,ORD) to exotic Southern and Central African destinations, like TRN, KGL, LLW and LAD among others.
Just wanted to add some spice on the thread...

Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar ;)

seris7 Jan 6, 15 7:05 am


Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar
Thanks for the correction, TNR instead of TRN, in any case would be great for me to reach TRN, too (I'm Italian...) ;)
Looks like a fare war is booming between DL and UA, both attacking enemy hubs, happy hunting!

Epicura Jan 6, 15 7:21 am


Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24110734)
Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar ;)

I wouldn't mind either, I bet the truffles are much better in Italy ;).

Anyway,

Instead of Philly, if one needs to go to Texas, AMS-DFW available for 188 euro. BF is rather high (like factor +80, in comparison to other deals) but still a sweet deal for this route. Could be very convenient for different purposes.

Epicura Jan 6, 15 7:38 am


Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Am I right to assume that one could need a certain forcing on the OTA to get the fare class right?

vikingX Jan 6, 15 7:52 am


Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24110933)
I wouldn't mind either, I bet the truffles are much better in Italy ;).

Anyway,

Instead of Philly, if one needs to go to Texas, AMS-DFW available for 188 euro. BF is rather high (like factor +80, in comparison to other deals) but still a sweet deal for this route. Could be very convenient for different purposes.

127€ if you start some hundred miles more south-east..

Epicura Jan 6, 15 8:21 am


Originally Posted by vikingX (Post 24111119)
127€ if you start some hundred miles more south-east..

Thx! I did a quick check for that airport too, but at first sight seemed less interesting. Will have a second look but ITA is again a real PITA :td:.

flylonghaul Jan 6, 15 8:46 am


Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24111032)
Am I right to assume that one could need a certain forcing on the OTA to get the fare class right?

No forcing required :)

Epicura Jan 6, 15 9:04 am


Originally Posted by vikingX (Post 24111119)
127€ if you start some hundred miles more south-east..

Same alliance but different airline (my BF is much higher). Also possible for your departure airport but price would be higher.

Mine would be for very specific purposes. Yours is a nice deal, nevertheless @:-).

brumbrum Jan 6, 15 9:06 am


Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24111609)
Same alliance but different airline (my BF is much higher). Also possible for your departure airport but price would be higher.

Mine would be for very specific purposes. Yours is a nice deal, nevertheless @:-).

and you both need to pay some 500USD to fly the 1x :-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:54 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.