FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

rcs85551 Oct 21, 08 8:06 am

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

We got people in the "post everything on the board" camp, and we got people in the "don't post on the board, since it screws the deal" camp.

We've recently seen several threads dealing with "trick it / negotiate it" type of deals which were not in line with how the Mileage Run forum is supposed to operate (which can be accessed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454485).

In theory, we could start threads dealing with the "trick it / negotiate it" type of deals on almost *each and every* discount fare across the Atlantic there is, since virtually 99% of the time, you can generate a "deal" that leaves certain surcharges off if you know how to do it.

This thread serves as some sort of "lounge thread" where anything related to "trick it / negotiate it" type of deals can go - which is beyond the accustomed way how this forum works. Hopefully this "lounge" thread will give those who would still like to discuss these types of deal an ample place to do so - while the "Mileage Run Deals" forum is not being cluttered with information that many Flyertalkers feel that is not appropriate and in line with how this forum works.

If you want to play games, then play your games within the confined enviroment of this thread - please refrain from starting new threads to play those games.

Kind Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run forums

Below are the new posting rules for the Trick It Thread. They will also be posted as a Sticky in the Discussion Forum and in the first post of this thread.

Rules of Posting in the Trick It Thread:
1. Adhere to these rules or your post will be deleted without comment.
2. The current naming convention of this thread is as follows:
C1 = North America
C1.5 = Caribbean, Central America and Mexico including Bermuda and Bahamas
C2 = Europe
C2.5 = Middle East, including Israel and Egypt
C3 = Asia
C4 = South America
C4a = Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
C4b = Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, Surinam, Guyana, Paraguay and Uruguay
C5 = Africa
C6 = Australia, New Zealand, and the Oceania range

Directional additions such as n, s, e, and w are allowed to narrow an area.

The naming convention created by Raffles Longhaul is also acceptable.

3. Code any “tricks”.
4. Do not post screenshots of your “tricks” or outside links to images of any sort.
5. Do not code your questions. No one will be able to answer them.
6. Violation of these rules will subject you to discipline.
7. Review FlyerTalk Rules 7, 10, 12, and 18 of the FlyerTalk Rules prior to posting. You can find the Rules here: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

jorun Jan 1, 15 3:32 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24074043)
before you continue with these posts:
TK NH LH LX and probably other carriers are full dumpable with this construction.

P.S.
Did you note the fare rules? Some *A routes already have bad fare rules to avoid this dump.

other carriers:

AA fare and IB fare.

example:
NYC-MIL RT non stop - 236 AI

Lower price are possible but I'm lazy :/

pimpcoltd Jan 1, 15 9:08 am

Can't understand why that inventory you found in the matrix doesn't show up on your OTA even though you're feeding it segment by segment? Questioning your senses and abilities because your fellow dumpsters get the result you're looking for? Dynamic pricing might be the cause. After an involuntary browser reset, Orbitz' view on me apparently changed from dumpster to dumbster: $350 for a Sushi Roll that can be had for $160?! — A switch to incognito mode got things back in order. And so did the use of a VPN connection.
https://www.petsymposium.org/2014/papers/Vissers.pdf
Happy New Year — and safe travels!

brumbrum Jan 1, 15 9:15 am

and I was wondering why did I got 335 instead of 190...f**king orbitz.
Otherwise-do you mean sushi from c2 with eskymos/triangles before?

BangkokTraveler Jan 1, 15 9:27 am

C1e-C3 ($503.20), I'm sure the pros here can do better

bertheike Jan 1, 15 11:26 am

Is BA dumpable ?

Is BA dumpable ( from DE/BE/NL/LX ) to TH or HKG ?
I know one from C2(SW), but too far for positioning.
Looking for departure end of JUN, when the SQ deal not works.

Stan1980 Jan 1, 15 11:56 am

QR announced routes ex-A*M*S

Hi guys, newbie here, so please excuse me if i posted this in the wrong thread, but...

QR has announced it's gonna open a new route to a*m*s, capitol of cheese weed, windmills and tulips. ;)

Anybody discovered good on the new route yet? :D

hellosweets Jan 1, 15 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 24083133)

yup 300$ still possible easy way

anandrag Jan 1, 15 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24084288)

Where in c3? SE, east, north?

BangkokTraveler Jan 1, 15 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24084288)

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 24083133)

The base fare without strike(s), on my routing, is higher than $300.

hellosweets Jan 1, 15 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 24084392)
The base fare without strike(s), on my routing, is higher than $300.

then work on routing

budenholzer Jan 2, 15 3:34 am

C2n&e-yao. 214 EUR, OJ.

Visa charges may apply.

burito Jan 2, 15 8:37 am

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24079570)
Oh, check your local friendly OTA (specify airlines because there's a difference.) Just found $178

The other choice is to avoid not quite cheap and practical positional flight to the desert pyramids and fly from the glass pyramid to enjoy the klong cruise for $270 (could be less?).

midtownapsk Jan 2, 15 12:10 pm

I have a great candidate fare: WAS - DXB, *A, $90 each way base fare with sat night stay but the fat is $500+. Despite my best efforts i can't seem to cut any of it.

Unwittingly in my hours of searching- I did find a way to cut the ST fat on the same significantly with a 3x in C2. ST does me no good but happy to trade that info.

I realize I'm still a newbie but would appreciate any pointers. My novice reading of the *A fare rules seems to suggest that no 3x might work as the fat is added for all trips originating in C1. If anyone is willing to confirm even this it will at least help me put the pencil down.

Epicura Jan 2, 15 12:23 pm

Just got back from a wonderfull trip...

... So a lot of reading to catch up, but Happy Newyear :) !

Wishing you all a year full of excitement, new discoveries and safe and happy travels!

siara91 Jan 2, 15 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24079570)
Oh, check your local friendly OTA (specify airlines because there's a difference.) Just found $178

Does anyone know if same carrier (C2-C3 RT), but using different airline strike is fully dumpable?

Using other carrier as 1x, now it cuts only 50%YQ but, works also from other different C2 airports (not only piramids and Ataturk)... Last year same but reversed strike fully removed fuel on C2-C3.... ITA still shows that this one should work, but on ITA BF are high (newbies: if you dont know what to look, you will not find it on ITA only).

Is this strike is dead? Or maybe i shoud look for different OTA?

brumbrum Jan 2, 15 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by siara91 (Post 24090480)
Does anyone know if same carrier (C2-C3 RT), but using different airline strike is fully dumpable?

Using other carrier as 1x, now it cuts only 50%YQ but, works also from other different C2 airports (not only piramids and Ataturk)... Last year same but reversed strike fully removed fuel on C2-C3.... ITA still shows that this one should work, but on ITA BF are high (newbies: if you dont know what to look, you will not find it on ITA only).

Is this strike is dead? Or maybe i shoud look for different OTA?

the problem is that with new tariffs being loaded a week ago, the fare rules changed. Burito currently discovered one working departure point in c2, which is the last as far as I know.

notmyusualname Jan 2, 15 5:33 pm

Hi there
This is my first post :), i've been reading and researching around this so much last days (since i discovered it), and i think i might be able to contribute something i found. If im saying too much (or too little, or nothing new) please say so.
C5s-C3 rt ai. 406usd, 68% fat drop. 3x close.
C5n-C3-C3se-C5n 332usd, 73% fat drop, stopping for a few days on C3. With simpler construction C5n-C3se rt ai 311usd. same3xasotherroute.

I think i also found a candidate MVD-MAD rt 820usd 420yq on UX and 853usd 420yq on IB, cant make work the few 3x i know. Any tips regarding this or direction to look for, or even if this are trickable or not would be greatly appreciated, PM if you prefer.
Any tips regarding C4 would be appreciated too, all the airlines/routes ive researched have big BFs.

I wanna thank all the posters before me that have contributed to this trick-it post, i hope i can continue improving and im determined to continue digging, researching and trying

Peace and happy new year

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 2, 15 5:49 pm

ROMA/BOLOGNA/FIRENZE Italia - OKINAWA 141,99 - 158,11 All-in R/T

Leave as soon as 2 weeks from now. OKINAWA is tropical.
Stay as short as 2 nights.

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 1:37 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

This is my first post have been lurking for years, am a complete novice compared to you pros. Bologna is a 30 min train ride for me, wish I was savvy enough to figure this deal out. Fantastic.:confused:

jorun Jan 3, 15 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24092385)
This is my first post have been lurking for years, am a complete novice compared to you pros. Bologna is a 30 min train ride for me, wish I was savvy enough to figure this deal out. Fantastic.:confused:

non tutto oro quel che luccica

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 2:40 am

E vero :)

midtownapsk Jan 3, 15 3:52 am

Newbie Q

Hi - I'm relatively new to trickery but have been doing my research and reading up.

I'm trying to crack the code on a UA fare - the base fare in K class from WAS/NYC - DXB is as low as $90 each way for some dates in Feb. The fat is between $500 to $700 + taxes. I have spent 3 days on this and can't get any reduction in fat. During the research I unwittingly did manage to cut down the fat on a DL fare significantly to about $600 ai - with a 3x in c2 but ST doesn't do much for me.

I'm looking for such guidance from the experienced folks in the forum on the following question: Is the UA fare dumpable with a 3x (1x probably won't work for me unless its in C1) or should I just put my pencil down and go with DL?

goldconker Jan 3, 15 4:27 am

Any help on dumps from C1w to C3, especially out of the Golden Gate Bridge? I've found a couple of dumps on blue and yellow and sushi airlines that drop YQ to $197.60, which is actually quite helpful to go to SIN, which I can get down to $680 ai. Any hints on something better than that?

Epicura Jan 3, 15 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24092504)
E vero :)

Realmente?

I did only a minor first search and was able to get this down to 170 EUR, without optimising the dates and construction and with still a slightly different route. Quite sure that the AI price from WWE " vero" ;).

Nice dump btw and very nice destination ^.

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093112)
Realmente?

I did only a minor first search and was able to get this down to 170 EUR, without optimising the dates and construction and with still a slightly different route. Quite sure that the AI price from WWE " vero" ;).

Am quite novice in this whole area so have to get down to playing with it like you pros do. I admit I need to put in the time to figure it out. It's a great fare considering it's literally at my door step.

Epicura Jan 3, 15 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24093133)
Am quite novice in this whole area so have to get down to playing with it like you pros do. I admit I need to put in the time to figure it out. It's a great fare considering it's literally at my door step.

I am by no means a pro and I just noticed that I have joined FT 18 months after you... Imho I just worked a bit harder than you and I do not mean this in any offensive way. Work on it and you will find it too :).

And this is almost at any one's door step in C2, for eg I can fly to BLQ for 20 to 40 EUR RT.

Good luck!

jorun Jan 3, 15 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093112)
Realmente?

You misunderstood the italian words :p

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093173)
I am by no means a pro and I just noticed that I have joined FT 18 months after you... Imho I just worked a bit harder than you and I do not mean this in any offensive way. Work on it and you will find it too :).

And this is almost at any one's door step in C2, for eg I can fly to BLQ for 20 to 40 EUR RT.

Good luck!

No offense, at all, this got me motivated to get back into it and work at it, jumped ship a while ago.

Epicura Jan 3, 15 8:53 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24093398)
You misunderstood the italian words :p

Not really sure how to misinterprete "not all that glitters is gold" but with blondie, one never knows :D. Makes no sense to argue about my Italian since my Latin is much better :o. Non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut aurum.

And I'm not going to mingle in your hate/love relationship with WWE (and I'm very carefull in my description, I could have been much naughtier :p ). I love you both for your great dumps and inspirational posts :-:.

Epicura Jan 3, 15 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24093424)
No offense, at all, this got me motivated to get back into it and work at it, jumped ship a while ago.

Nil volentibus arduum.

We should put that one in the Wiki.

seris7 Jan 3, 15 10:48 am

You misunderstood the italian words
Sorry, but I am Italian and I have to say that Epicura is 100% right, "not all that glitters is gold" is the meaning of it, there's no other meaning associated with it. I am a newbie in fuel dumping, but I am an expert in my native language ;)
In any case you can clarify the meaning of it, if it will help us to find the dump :-)

PROACTIVE Jan 3, 15 10:59 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)

Trying but not getting it.
I see that OW and ST alliances allow those itinerary and both tickets allow "side itinerary" (so 3x should be allowed)
Should I concentrate my searched OW or ST alliance ticket?

Thanx

Epicura Jan 3, 15 11:00 am

Originally Posted by seris7 (Post 24094104)
..., but I am an expert in my native language ;)

I will have a Veneziano for that! Salute for all my Italian friends :cool: !

BlueSmurf Jan 3, 15 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093583)
Not really sure how to misinterprete "not all that glitters is gold" but with blondie, one never knows :D. Makes no sense to argue about my Italian since my Latin is much better :o. Non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut aurum.
And I'm not going to mingle in your hate/love relationship with WWE (and I'm very carefull in my description, I could have been much naughtier :p ). I love you both for your great dumps and inspirational posts :-:.

I think it is called bruised Ego and sour grapes, when WWE is somewhat explicit with a super great deal. Cogito Ergo Sum.

goldconker Jan 3, 15 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE (Post 24094153)
I see that OW and ST alliances allow those itinerary and both tickets allow "side itinerary" (so 3x should be allowed)

Thanx

I'm pretty sure it's the OW tickets, based on the BF, but I can't figure out the 3x... or 1x

Mask Jan 3, 15 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24095224)
I'm pretty sure it's the OW tickets, based on the BF, but I can't figure out the 3x... or 1x

I'm pretty sure also, that's an OW airline, but can't find the strike. Knowing if it's an 1x or 3x would be helpful...

RangeXT Jan 3, 15 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mask (Post 24095234)
I'm pretty sure also, that's an OW airline, but can't find the strike. Knowing if it's an 1x or 3x would be helpful...

your choice

Deltahater Jan 3, 15 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE (Post 24094153)

Thanx

Reread WWE's post and reread your post. Then you will see the flaw in your approach.

goldconker Jan 3, 15 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24095340)
Reread WWE's post and reread your post. Then you will see the flaw in your approach.

Well I found something verrrry quickly after some help from a friendly member over PM. But don't think it is flyable.. If someone wants to trade my unflyable for something flyable or throwaway-able... :D