FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

WolfvanWeen Mar 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by aza72 (Post 24584031)
Like I said, I'm new at this :p

I noticed people didn't really post destinations here. Though I realize things are probably different for a known YQ dump vs. trying to find one. Eager to do more searching, but need some pointers on where to start. (Or let me know if it's a fool's errand for this particular trip).

Here is the itinerary from ITA:
{...}
And here are (I think) the relevant section of the fare rules:
{...}

So, in short: did you try only those allowed, i.e. UA/AC WITHIN AREA 1, UA/LH/LX/OS/SN/AC WITHIN AREA 2 OR BETWEEN AREA 2/AREA 3?

aza72 Mar 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 24584144)
So, in short: did you try only those allowed, i.e. UA/AC WITHIN AREA 1, UA/LH/LX/OS/SN/AC WITHIN AREA 2 OR BETWEEN AREA 2/AREA 3?

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't tried those restrictions. Just searched for it but couldn't come up with anything. Nothing within Area 1 would dump the fuel charge. Nothing in area 2 would dump the fuel charge AND it made a new line on the itinerary at full Y fare.

I did find a hidden city ticket though, that let me book a T ticket rather than S ticket, but it only took $150 off of the ticket price.

-EDIT-
I was able to get rid of most of the LH YQ with a united island hop in the pacific, but that segment total increased the overall fare. Feel like I'm at least making progress now.

on22cz Mar 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar (Post 24582407)
C2e-C4-C2c for about 203 EUR

Nice find. Just wondered if your C2c city shouldn't be better specified as either C2 only, or C2w. Afaik, this city has not been used as C2c, was it? No offense, I only want to categorize it somehow.
And yes, a few cents below €175 possible. Not everywhere, not for everyone though.

largeeyes Mar 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz (Post 24584945)
Nice find. Just wondered if your C2c city shouldn't be better specified as either C2 only, or C2w. Afaik, this city has not been used as C2c, was it? No offense, I only want to categorize it somehow.
And yes, a few cents below €175 possible. Not everywhere, not for everyone though.

SVO to GRU to AMS, May 13 to May 22 on Royal Air Maroc. Why are we coding this?

Temedar Mar 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24585066)
Why are we coding this?

Yeah, we need to give more freebies to the bloggers

Calgary88 Mar 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Almost 6 hours on a 737, this one will be very Tired. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

largeeyes Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar (Post 24585155)
Yeah, we need to give more freebies to the bloggers

Uh, where do you think the OP found it? Plus, Royal Air Maroc has had errors like this for a while.

wntl Mar 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24585066)
SVO to GRU to AMS, May 13 to May 22 on Royal Air Maroc. Why are we coding this?

nice to post about it after blog release :D ??

Steve_Kenyon Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24585259)
Uh, where do you think the OP found it? Plus, Royal Air Maroc has had errors like this for a while.

I didn't know it was on a blog already, certainly not the most notable ones. But of course now they all have it or will have it soon enough.

largeeyes Mar 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Kenyon (Post 24585306)
I didn't know it was on a blog already, certainly not the most notable ones. But of course now they all have it or will have it soon enough.

I already saw it on 2, including one enormous one. You read the wrong places, I guess.

QEternity Mar 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Lax-c3 $280.50 ai

Lots of others too...

Bowgie Mar 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by QEternity (Post 24586435)
Lax-c3 $280.50 ai

Can we please have the alliance? So the two-thirds of us not accumulating miles on the lucky one won't waste time searching...

WolfvanWeen Mar 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by aza72 (Post 24584827)
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't tried those restrictions. Just searched for it but couldn't come up with anything. Nothing within Area 1 would dump the fuel charge. Nothing in area 2 would dump the fuel charge AND it made a new line on the itinerary at full Y fare.

I did find a hidden city ticket to xxx though, that let me book a T ticket rather than S ticket, but it only took $150 off of the ticket price.

-EDIT-
I was able to get rid of most of the LH YQ with a united island hop in the pacific, but that segment total increased the overall fare. Feel like I'm at least making progress now.

no you're not making progress. You dont understand the basics I'm trying to tell you: if you look elsewhere than the allowed regions, you will not be able to get that fare to combine.
as nice as it is to see the YQ disappear, as totally useless is that with a high base fare. check the rules of that higher fare and compare them. so you will learn.

wntl Mar 30, 2015 3:45 am

C2 - Japan - 212€. ST

hk uk nl Mar 30, 2015 4:49 am

Hello All,;)

Newbie here,first post but have reverted back to this forum for tips and advice.

Came across FT by chance and have gained 'some' beginners knowledge by the various posts here and online searches.

I do believe that the numerous hours of research has been self satisfying especially as I have recently bought my very first FD fare.

Although I only managed a saving of €60 , it was an amount that was a bonus saving in my mind.

Only to find the same fare, on a different OTA afterwards to be an additional €50 saving:rolleyes:

Ams-HK €351 CZ.

Thank you for this commumity!!!:cool: