FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

Steve_Kenyon Mar 30, 2015 5:44 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24585335)
I already saw it on 2, including one enormous one. You read the wrong places, I guess.

I think I just missed their posts on this occasion. Can't believe this comment on one of them about the fare disappearing:

"Yeah...looks like they fixed it as soon as we posted"

What does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Steve_Kenyon Mar 30, 2015 5:46 am

Originally Posted by hk uk nl (Post 24587511)
Hello All,;)

Newbie here,first post but have reverted back to this forum for tips and advice.

Came across FT by chance and have gained 'some' beginners knowledge by the various posts here and online searches.

I do believe that the numerous hours of research has been self satisfying especially as I have recently bought my very first FD fare.

Although I only managed a saving of €60 , it was an amount that was a bonus saving in my mind.

Only to find the same fare, on a different OTA afterwards to be an additional €50 saving:rolleyes:

Ams-HK €351 CZ.

Thank you for this commumity!!!:cool:

Good work but I have a feeling you could have saved another 5-15% on this fare using a few more refined tricks. Onwards and upwards!

largeeyes Mar 30, 2015 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Kenyon (Post 24587674)
I think I just missed their posts on this occasion. Can't believe this comment on one of them about the fare disappearing:

"Yeah...looks like they fixed it as soon as we posted"

What does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Not much. These fares have been like this for almost 2 months, though not quite this cheap.

Steve_Kenyon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24587728)
Not much. These fares have been like this for almost 2 months, though not quite this cheap.

Yes I know but I was alluding to the shameful lack of reflection on the part of the bloggers about why the fare is now gone (i.e. through overexposure facilitated by their actions).

montezume Mar 30, 2015 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 24586457)
Can we please have the alliance? So the two-thirds of us not accumulating miles on the lucky one won't waste time searching...

not everything is about earning miles...

Why don't we just put the 1x as well?

edit: back on topic shall we?

C1 - C2 double decker

y'all can probably do better but I found two european vacays for $650 on OW.

Calgary88 Mar 30, 2015 7:00 am

Originally Posted by QEternity (Post 24586435)
Lax-c3 $280.50 ai

Lots of others too...

Can anyone find this? :confused:
I did not see anything unusual for C1w-C3 R/T at that price?
or OP price is One Way?

Many thanks.

montezume Mar 30, 2015 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 24587979)
or OP price is One Way?

Many thanks.

I'm not seeing any low enough BF right now.

laurentn Mar 30, 2015 7:22 am

Originally Posted by montezume (Post 24588043)

Hi, do you have a free search engine for this ? Or you do it by yourself ?

Thank's

jorun Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

Originally Posted by elpueblo (Post 24580443)
Price went up. I have to say under 335 USD now.

Originally Posted by elpueblo (Post 24571619)
For a long life of this deal, I will only share hints via PM with a few major contributors of this board (sort of thank you gift and bribe in advance).

Hello :) .

I sent you a pm to know the J deal but you didn't answer.
So I guess you think that I'm not a "major" contributor.

Thank you anyway :)

QEternity Mar 30, 2015 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 24587979)
or OP price is One Way?

Many thanks.

Nope, was r/t. OTA specific. Looks dead already. I booked JFK-SIN for $355, entree only.

*EDIT* Still alive, but having issues getting ticketed. Not ready to call in yet. And looks like they charged me a full fare px anyway, despite invoice/confirmation px. :(

*EDIT2* Dead

QEternity Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by montezume (Post 24588043)

BF looks to have increased $40 overnight, but still available on specific OTA.

But it wasn't ITA'able. Matrix is just about useless for BF these days. Best to sail for clearer waters.

dennycrane1 Mar 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Bit of a noob question I'm afraid (and probably not even really directly relevant to fd either I suppose!), but I thought people here would know the answer: If I find a fare on ITA, does that mean the fare definitely exists somewhere and I just need to find a way to get it to price on the airline/ota website? Using ITA there seems to be lots of decent prices for a Europe-KUL // HKG-Europe trip I'm planning this summer, but I can never get it to price the same anywhere else I've tried so far. Is it just a glitch/misprice and I'm wasting my time, or should I persevere? Thanks!

AlmostJesus Mar 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by dennycrane1 (Post 24590361)
Bit of a noob question I'm afraid (and probably not even really directly relevant to fd either I suppose!), but I thought people here would know the answer: If I find a fare on ITA, does that mean the fare definitely exists somewhere and I just need to find a way to get it to price on the airline/ota website? Using ITA there seems to be lots of decent prices for a Europe-KUL // HKG-Europe trip I'm planning this summer, but I can never get it to price the same anywhere else I've tried so far. Is it just a glitch/misprice and I'm wasting my time, or should I persevere? Thanks!

There is a script tool in the travel tools forum that could be very useful for you.

pimpcoltd Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dennycrane1 (Post 24590361)

If you call yourself a noob, chances are high that you haven't messed with the "Point of Sale" (POS) setting in ita. Therefore, ita will take the departure city as your POS. Look for the fare you found on an OTA in the departure country or run your search with the POS set to the country of your preferred OTA. Big OTAs like Expedia, however, tend to have their own inventory of fare classes.

montezume Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by QEternity (Post 24588813)
BF looks to have increased $40 overnight, but still available on specific OTA.

But it wasn't ITA'able. Matrix is just about useless for BF these days. Best to sail for clearer waters.

Thanks for the info.

I usually just rely on ITA like the word of God, so that's why I didn't find anything.