FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

RangeXT Jan 4, 15 10:02 am

Again, your answer is in the question I was refering to

pimpcoltd Jan 4, 15 10:22 am

Originally Posted by maclover (Post 24098758)
:rolleyes:
From a 3 months old joiner, this is such a nice comment

Apparently, your comprehension of my postings ends at my join date. :)

SenJAB Jan 4, 15 10:31 am

Originally Posted by maclover (Post 24098758)
:rolleyes:
From a 3 months old joiner, this is such a nice comment

Don't be deluded by something loud like the join date - the company pimpco is highly recommended and lots of people know their awesome offers.

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 4, 15 10:36 am

Lufthansa to Texas or Canada dumped with Great Barrier Reef.

Oceania flights totalling ~ 6 hours which involve Great Barrier Reef, Gold Coast will dump Lufthansa to Texas or Canada.

This is not meant as cheapest way to fly LH to Texas or Canada but a wonderful way for Australians to cost effectively use their Australian vacation flights to / from Great Barrier Reef and/or Gold Coast area and then add their TransAtlantic Round Trip on Lufthansa at very little additional cost. When all those flights are finished there is still a nice " Goddie" waiting in the future.

Epicura Jan 4, 15 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by SenJAB (Post 24098958)
Don't be deluded by something loud like the join date - the company pimpco is highly recommended and lots of people know their awesome offers.

^ ! Toast to my other friends, but afaik no proper drink involved that I really like (very sorry for that). I'm having a nice Bordeaux instead, but Schol anyway :D !

englisha Jan 4, 15 12:44 pm

I have a 3x that I dont intend to fly in Feb and another flight (separate ticket) on the same day that I want to fly with the same airline. Both are completely different destinations. Any problems I could anticipate here?

barter82 Jan 4, 15 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24061822)
bla bla bla bla and......... bla bla bla bla.

do you want to learn? really? People already gave you all the info and you must follow their tips.

I want to believe that you read all the guides/wiki etc... but if it is true it is impossible to not find an easy dump. For example:

JNB-HKG R/T ~116 euro March 2015

He gave you a round trip route. He also gave you the dates.

Please go on ITA and search what he wrote. Look only for the carriers which have low BFs and high YQ.
You can be sure that one of those carriers is 100% dumpable.
i think it could take 10-15 seconds to understand what is the carrier.

Now you need to find the strike. Do you know how to find a strike? If you don't know, it means that you didn't read anything about fuel dump.
If you know how to find a strike, you will dump this fare after 10-20 seconds.

Can't you find the same price? Change strike, change OTAs. Can't you still find his price? Move on because probabily it is a specific strike, specific ota, specific date, specific credit card etc..

That is some motivation for an easy FD practice. Got it down to 324 euro. Still a way to go but I'll keep looking.

Found post #37470 from Calgary88 very useful too. Elaborates a bit further on what I have found out already.

15cats Jan 4, 15 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 24099724)
I have a 3x that I dont intend to fly in Feb and another flight (separate ticket) on the same day that I want to fly with the same airline. Both are completely different destinations. Any problems I could anticipate here?

If the times overlap, the airline might automatically cancel one or both tickets. It depends on the airline's IT system and the information they use to match (ff#, name, dob, ip address, etc). Some airlines are better at this than others, so YMMV. Personally, I would not do this if it were me. This may end up being a bigger headache than you want, so long as the flights are concurrent or impossible.

Deltahater Jan 4, 15 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by SenJAB (Post 24098958)

On the surface we have a loudmouth noobie and another low poster singing his high praises.
I am hoping there is more going on than just this.

Care to elaborate on your comment? Who recommends pimpco? Who are said people who know of their awesome offers? What are the awesome offers?

KiteM Jan 4, 15 2:28 pm

Hi to all,
long time on holidays I had to read several pages :D

Regarding the Okinawa trick, am I right thinking I have to find a way to remove the UK's taxes?
Right now I'm stuck @234€

Thanks
Happy New Year to you all

greyguy1 Jan 4, 15 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24100339)
On the surface we have a loudmouth noobie and another low poster singing his high praises.

Care to elaborate on your comment? Who recommends pimpco? Who are said people who know of their awesome offers? What are the awesome offers?

More ketchup, apparently.

Deltahater Jan 4, 15 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 24099724)

this is a very bad situation. An easy way to get a 3x exposed and killed. And get one of your flights COMPELETELY cancelled. I assume both tickets are non-refundable/changeable?

Epicura Jan 4, 15 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24100339)

I don't know about any offers but can assure that this is not the usual loudmouth noobie. If that was the case, I would clearly just tell him to read the thread ;).

@DH: head back to your roots, QED... And would you mind to tango with me, btw :D ?

Calgary88 Jan 4, 15 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by KiteM (Post 24100342)
Regarding the Okinawa trick, am I right thinking I have to find a way to remove the UK's taxes?
Right now I'm stuck @234

Same here as I see all the unwanted are vanished. ;)
If I could remove the Queen's fee then will sound about right. :(

Alec84 Jan 4, 15 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24098591)
Why is Vodka Finnish to you?
Now, I think HEL is probably a better place to connect than LED on this trip

From the potential routes I found, HEL seemed to be the most logical "vodka", Finlandia Vodka, and someone mentioned that it is distilled six times, which I think Finlandia is.