FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

336 Jan 6, 15 3:09 pm

Could work for a few instances, but the trouble you are getting yourself into is definitely not worth the risk. What if Mr. X starts trafficking whatever he pleases with your name on the tag? Even if he behaves, you'll get caught soon enough. This won't end by simply loosing your miles. You'll have to face a whole lot more. You'll be lucky if they only blacklist you.

pimpcoltd Jan 6, 15 3:13 pm

Reminds me of that legendary scheme from the "frequent flyer" video. http://vimeo.com/7167640 :)

- "So, what do you do for a living?"

- "I'm a striker."

Sisyphus1carus Jan 6, 15 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by abdon (Post 24113451)
You made my day!

Not mine, now I'm feverishly trying to figure out the construction.

C2-C1 100 euros
C1-BKK 110 euros

brumbrum Jan 6, 15 4:02 pm

Reminds me of the smooth experience in relaxed bratwurst country-bp from the kiosk, scan it at the gate and you fly. But when you're already breaking the law, there's a way how to do this safer (at least in Schengen, which is the case of gösch probably).

tfc3rid Jan 6, 15 4:10 pm

C1-C2 $100 base fare each way, surcharge $440 on OW. Used c2.5 3x to cut $200 off RT... No luck finding something more yet... Trying...

Deltahater Jan 6, 15 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by geosch (Post 24113949)
For curiosity (and by no means related to the particular fare in discussion), how realistic/viable do you consider a strike flown by someone else?
I've come across that idea since several times I had been boarding domestic flights without any identification whatsoever, checking in only with a frequent flyer card or even just with the booking code.
Of course it highly depends on the particular country and airline's (maybe also airport's) practice. I know that at least in the past people have been sharing cheap round trip tickets (sometimes in order to avoid minimum stay requirements).
With a 1x in a distant place from where you are, maybe that concept could be put to new (?) use?
(yes, this almost certainly would not only be rather risky but also in violation of the airline's rules as well as probably a number of relevant laws)

i think you are missing the point. Epicura was not suggesting to have Peter fly on Dick's ticket. She was simply suggesting that you make the 1x of your second trip part of the first trip so that you actually get benefit out it, other than the 100% YQ removal.

Epicura Jan 6, 15 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24112743)

and I always thought a "Texas Quickie" was receiving the death sentence by the Honorable Judge Roy Bean for committing an "Immoral or UnNatural" Sex Act and be executed in the electric chair the next day at sunrise.

Electric chair versus the hanging judge ;)?!

trapped Jan 6, 15 10:55 pm

Found a working 3x in C3 for OW. worked on fares from C1-C2 and C1-C6. Higher base fares on OW aren't idea, but knocking off $600 in YQ is better than nothing. Question I've come up with is, how many times can you "fly" a 3x before the airline catches on?

Epicura Jan 6, 15 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24111468)
No forcing required :)

Thank you. I was able to find it at last, AI 149 EUR. Did you notice the other treasures @:-) ?

Alex100i Jan 7, 15 4:04 am

Originally Posted by maclover (Post 24113671)
I tried different options, but seems despite all the ketchup flying around, i can't finf anything to go eat some good sushi.
The only way I could find to get to OKA removing some fat, require me to dance samba before I start the journey I'd so much prefer some paella or Bordeaux!

Let's put together some pieces: departing and returning from BLQ or FCO, at least one flight with BA to LHR, destination OKA or eventually ASJ. The base fare is around 33 EUR, the damn YQ charge is 400! EUR.:mad:
I've no interest in a 1x in Southern Mongolia or Paraguay. Trying to cut the fat with the usuals 3x, no results under 400 EUR. Anyone of you guys was able to go under this price? :confused:

bugss Jan 7, 15 6:03 am

Hi All! Still in the learning process, but on a good way I hope. Please don't kill for completely stupid questions :)

Is this not a rule that this

END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.
PROVIDED -
COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER MH/QR

would always exclude this?

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24105348)
I can get a $200 discount on certain Guangzhou based airline. Hints?

macdonaldj2 Jan 7, 15 9:04 am

I know it's not a fantastic deal, but this site has helped me learn more about fuel dumping, C2-C1 for 277USD one way, thankfully I need to be in another part of the world before hand. It's better than spending ANOTHER 40k miles and 400USD on an award ticket.

flylonghaul Jan 7, 15 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24116564)
Thank you. I was able to find it at last, AI 149 EUR. Did you notice the other treasures @:-) ?

I have noticed some other possibilities. But you have me intrigued now! There may be possibilities that went unnoticed :D

J00 Jan 7, 15 11:47 am

Hi, I'm a newbie looking for some help...

In the past days I've read mostly everything I found about FD and spent a good amount of time reading this thread.
Are there other newbies who want to share some ideas / work? Or is someone of the willing to give me some guidance?

I cover the basics but when I start to look for the dump, even with a lot of trial and error, the results are not so good. Particularly I was looking for the sushi in OKA but so far I've been only able to remove the fat with an unflyable solution.

seris7 Jan 7, 15 12:06 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie looking for some help...

In the past days I've read mostly everything I found about FD and spent a good amount of time reading this thread.
Are there other newbies who want to share some ideas / work? Or is someone of the willing to give me some guidance?

I cover the basics but when I start to look for the dump, even with a lot of trial and error, the results are not so good. Particularly I was looking for the sushi in OKA but so far I've been only able to remove the fat with an unflyable solution.
IT all depends on the meaning of UNFLYABLE, which is a subjective matter.
What is unflyable for you could be very flyable for others. I would say that most of FD you'll find won't be suitable for you unless you'll use them as a positioning flight for another dump or to spend some days in a kinda exotic location.
If you already found a dump on the Italy-OKA trip you are on the good way, fuel dumping is a nice game to play after all.