FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

cagcag Jan 5, 15 2:25 am

OTA??
 
Newbie here; pardon the simplistic question. On ITA, I have been able to find a workable fare with a 3X; it contains 7 flight segments, including the final 3X. Please inform me as to how to get this ticketed from the routing/fares I was able to get from ITA. Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

And, having found another fare/routing which includes 11 segments including the 3X, how could I go about ticketing this, please? Hipmunk and google flights don't allow for so many flight segments/

Mask Jan 5, 15 3:23 am


Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 24103235)
Newbie here; pardon the simplistic question. On ITA, I have been able to find a workable fare with a 3X; it contains 7 flight segments, including the final 3X. Please inform me as to how to get this ticketed from the routing/fares I was able to get from ITA. Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

And, having found another fare/routing which includes 11 segments including the 3X, how could I go about ticketing this, please? Hipmunk and google flights don't allow for so many flight segments/

I've had success in the past with combining 2 or even three segments into one, and giving hipmunk specific flight numbers (::SU123, etc), so you get the right flights and can still squeeze your 7 or more segments into the 6 possible. Doesn't always work, though. I'm a noob too, so maybe someone has better ways.

KiteM Jan 5, 15 3:49 am


Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24100490)
Very simple. Remove what causes the taxes.

I understand what you mean but it seems BF are higher than the posted prices if I try to avoid the kingdom........

Still searching for the correct route ^

flylonghaul Jan 5, 15 4:21 am


Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24102209)
Sorry, Did not mean to imply that you would get XXX rated service - though I could get lucky ! ! ^

One can hope :D

Enjoy the trip!!

brumbrum Jan 5, 15 4:59 am


Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 24103235)
Newbie here; pardon the simplistic question. On ITA, I have been able to find a workable fare with a 3X; it contains 7 flight segments, including the final 3X. Please inform me as to how to get this ticketed from the routing/fares I was able to get from ITA. Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

And, having found another fare/routing which includes 11 segments including the 3X, how could I go about ticketing this, please? Hipmunk and google flights don't allow for so many flight segments/

you donīt need to put each segment explicitly into the OTA. What about kayak?

KiteM Jan 5, 15 7:43 am


Originally Posted by Mask (Post 24103359)
I've had success in the past with combining 2 or even three segments into one, and giving hipmunk specific flight numbers (::SU123, etc), so you get the right flights and can still squeeze your 7 or more segments into the 6 possible. Doesn't always work, though. I'm a noob too, so maybe someone has better ways.

I have some problems right now to use the codes on hipmunk.

Do you confirm it's working right now?
Thanks ^

burito Jan 5, 15 7:51 am

Hipmunk not currently working with codes for me.

KiteM Jan 5, 15 7:55 am


Originally Posted by burito (Post 24104241)
Hipmunk not currently working with codes for me.

same here.....it gives error as soon as I start the search

jpauls123 Jan 5, 15 8:05 am

It is a squirrelly site at the best of times...

Alex100i Jan 5, 15 8:41 am

Working on the travel to Okinawa, I need the 3x, noticed that:

Code fare:
QEUOTS Italy to Japan, base fare 33 EUR
QEUOTS Japan to Italy, base fare 33 EUR

February-March
OneWorld mostly

Hope to be on the good path to the solution..;)

liber Jan 5, 15 9:15 am


Originally Posted by KiteM (Post 24103440)
I understand what you mean but it seems BF are higher than the posted prices if I try to avoid the kingdom........

Still searching for the correct route ^

almost Same problem here, i can avoid taxes, but on the way to oka I get the slightly higher bf due to the partner airline homebase stopover, don't know if it is a problem of dates, anyway I can't find suitable ones.

I use 1x cause I think I can fly it during a previous trip.

Any suggestions?

pimpcoltd Jan 5, 15 10:20 am

Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

goldconker Jan 5, 15 10:53 am


Originally Posted by skiwindham (Post 24101598)
Excellent find, especially since you can go the entire way on their A380.
And to boot you'll collect a lot of redeemable miles; just too bad you can't earn status on one of the airline associations.:(

Pretty sure what airline this is based on BF. Can only get it down to $511 with 1x, same as other guy. Other searches can only find Y fares...

I can get a $200 discount on certain Guangzhou based airline. Hints?

brumbrum Jan 5, 15 10:58 am


Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 24105120)
Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

1x in far down or something useful?
the base fare is nice, but nothing flyable under 300euros.

Deltahater Jan 5, 15 11:04 am


Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24105348)
Pretty sure what airline this is based on BF. Can only get it down to $511 with 1x, same as other guy. Other searches can only find Y fares...

I can get a $200 discount on certain Guangzhou based airline. Hints?

are you certain you have the right dates?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.