FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

Epicura Jan 7, 15 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24119176)
I have noticed some other possibilities. But you have me intrigued now! There may be possibilities that went unnoticed :D

Plus est en vous!

Enigma Jan 7, 15 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by trapped (Post 24116407)
Found a working 3x in C3 for OW. worked on fares from C1-C2 and C1-C6. Higher base fares on OW aren't idea, but knocking off $600 in YQ is better than nothing. Question I've come up with is, how many times can you "fly" a 3x before the airline catches on?

Hard to say, but it's not like people manually check your itineraries unless you draw attention to them. So would probably need an airline to be consciously looking out for the 3x, and then having a real human look at it and go "hmm, they're flying here, but then they want to fly from there to there???!". Is the 3x pretty obscure?

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 7, 15 7:13 pm

Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 € with 3X

Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 € with 3X.

Many dates Feb-April.

Home work:

Base Fare from Roma Italia is even lower:
KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V
€9.00

doomxpatrol Jan 7, 15 8:20 pm

Is EK only trickable with a 1x? Everything I try adds an insane amount to the price.

jpauls123 Jan 7, 15 9:27 pm

There once was a young travel geek
Who lusted for planes that looked sleek
So when his wife said “Stop there!"
He refused to obey her
And instead took a flight to Malaya.

x1achilles Jan 8, 15 12:40 am

Originally Posted by delavenne (Post 24107633)
Hello,

I have tried and tried again for OKA but don't find any 3X that works…
I think the departure flight is through HEL while the return is through PAR but the 3X just adds the 3X :-/
Could you please help me a bit?

Thanks

1 post every 9 years!?
You are definitely the the FT "lurker." What gets you out of your shell?

WolfvanWeen Jan 8, 15 12:55 am

Originally Posted by doomxpatrol (Post 24122524)
Is EK only trickable with a 1x? Everything I try adds an insane amount to the price.

Not only with a 1x.

jorun Jan 8, 15 2:38 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24122199)
Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 € with 3X.

Many dates Feb-April.

Home work:

Base Fare from Roma Italia is even lower:
KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V
€9.00

The price is good but my suggest is to wait because 2 months ago the price was 130€ (same dates, same routes and same strike). Probably better BFs will come.

my raccomandation about the Home work:
Your work is to understand why you can't dump VPRIT using the same strike.
Don't waste time to find the dump. The golden egg is to understand why you can't dump it :)

Originally Posted by doomxpatrol (Post 24122524)

it depends on the fare rules. You must work on different routes. In this way you can notice the difference about fare rules.
If you notice the difference, you will understand if you can dump with 1x or 3x or construction.

31570324 Jan 8, 15 3:01 am

I booked a flight with 1x. OTA mixed my family name with my given name (I entered it correctly, I guess their translation wasn't correct). Not planing to call them, but need a visa for this routing and they will certainly have a look into my passport at checkin and then may try to correct the fault. Will they have a detailed look into the ticket in that moment or is a common situation for the agent and they will not correct anything in the ticket?
I guess I can't earn any miles and get no status benefits for this flight because of the changed names. Also a retro claim could be a bad idea?

Epicura Jan 8, 15 3:14 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24123662)
The price is good but my suggest is to wait because 2 months ago the price was 130€ (same dates, same routes and same strike). Probably better BFs will come.

Don't waste time to find the dump. The golden egg is to understand why you can't dump it :)

Thx for the advice but it's SO tempting ;)

http://www.zanziresort.com/

Anyway, despite the fare rules (min 6 nights or Saturday night), I can not find anything for a weekend? So Hakuna Matata paradise will have to wait.

vikingX Jan 8, 15 3:16 am

Originally Posted by 31570324 (Post 24123721)
I booked a flight with 1x. OTA mixed my family name with my given name (I entered it correctly, I guess their translation wasn't correct). Not planing to call them, but need a visa for this routing and they will certainly have a look into my passport at checkin and then may try to correct the fault. Will they have a detailed look into the ticket in that moment or is a common situation for the agent and they will not correct anything in the ticket?
I guess I can't earn any miles and get no status benefits for this flight because of the changed names. Also a retro claim could be a bad idea?

Well I had this before (not on a tricked ticket actually) but nobody changed anything.. and miles were also credited automatically.. I guess they are somehow used to it that ota mixe up family and given names..

KiteM Jan 8, 15 3:19 am

Originally Posted by 31570324 (Post 24123721)

Last time the OTA mixed up my surname with my given name.
At the airport nobody cared about it. They just told me the most important think was that there weren't errors in the names (let's say kyte istead of kite).
No matter if the given name was in the surname field.

Well, I didn't need any visa so YMMV

336 Jan 8, 15 3:28 am

Indeed. Happens often and should be no problem.
Neither is having MR added to your name an issue or loosing the spaces if your surname consists of multiple words.

Once even travelled without issues on a ticket with only the first 3 letters of my surname. Probably not recommended though.

delavenne Jan 8, 15 7:36 am

Originally Posted by x1achilles (Post 24123380)
1 post every 9 years!?
You are definitely the the FT "lurker." What gets you out of your shell?

Useful

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 8, 15 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24123662)

it depends on the fare rules. You must work on different routes. In this way you can notice the difference about fare rules.
If you notice the difference, you will understand if you can dump with 1x or 3x or construction.

With a defiatist "NOCANDO" mentality, the best deals are lost.

Also Rules are only rules only if they are properly implemented.

Living in the past will not get anyone anywhere. Yes we all had ~126 Euros from ARN/CPH back then.

Hoping for lower base fares in the future is like a beautiful dream - it MAY come true.