FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

Epicura Jan 3, 15 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24093424)
No offense, at all, this got me motivated to get back into it and work at it, jumped ship a while ago.

Nil volentibus arduum.

We should put that one in the Wiki.

seris7 Jan 3, 15 10:48 am

You misunderstood the italian words
Sorry, but I am Italian and I have to say that Epicura is 100% right, "not all that glitters is gold" is the meaning of it, there's no other meaning associated with it. I am a newbie in fuel dumping, but I am an expert in my native language ;)
In any case you can clarify the meaning of it, if it will help us to find the dump :-)

PROACTIVE Jan 3, 15 10:59 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)
ROMA/BOLOGNA/FIRENZE Italia - OKINAWA 141,99 - 158,11 All-in R/T

Leave as soon as 2 weeks from now. OKINAWA is tropical.
Stay as short as 2 nights.

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

Trying but not getting it.
I see that OW and ST alliances allow those itinerary and both tickets allow "side itinerary" (so 3x should be allowed)
Should I concentrate my searched OW or ST alliance ticket?

Thanx

Epicura Jan 3, 15 11:00 am

Originally Posted by seris7 (Post 24094104)
..., but I am an expert in my native language ;)

I will have a Veneziano for that! Salute for all my Italian friends :cool: !

BlueSmurf Jan 3, 15 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093583)
Not really sure how to misinterprete "not all that glitters is gold" but with blondie, one never knows :D. Makes no sense to argue about my Italian since my Latin is much better :o. Non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut aurum.
And I'm not going to mingle in your hate/love relationship with WWE (and I'm very carefull in my description, I could have been much naughtier :p ). I love you both for your great dumps and inspirational posts :-:.

I think it is called bruised Ego and sour grapes, when WWE is somewhat explicit with a super great deal. Cogito Ergo Sum.

goldconker Jan 3, 15 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE (Post 24094153)
I see that OW and ST alliances allow those itinerary and both tickets allow "side itinerary" (so 3x should be allowed)

Thanx

I'm pretty sure it's the OW tickets, based on the BF, but I can't figure out the 3x... or 1x

Mask Jan 3, 15 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24095224)
I'm pretty sure it's the OW tickets, based on the BF, but I can't figure out the 3x... or 1x

I'm pretty sure also, that's an OW airline, but can't find the strike. Knowing if it's an 1x or 3x would be helpful...

RangeXT Jan 3, 15 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mask (Post 24095234)
I'm pretty sure also, that's an OW airline, but can't find the strike. Knowing if it's an 1x or 3x would be helpful...

your choice

Deltahater Jan 3, 15 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE (Post 24094153)

Thanx

Reread WWE's post and reread your post. Then you will see the flaw in your approach.

goldconker Jan 3, 15 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24095340)
Reread WWE's post and reread your post. Then you will see the flaw in your approach.

Well I found something verrrry quickly after some help from a friendly member over PM. But don't think it is flyable.. If someone wants to trade my unflyable for something flyable or throwaway-able... :D

goldconker Jan 3, 15 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24092786)
Any help on dumps from C1w to C3, especially out of the Golden Gate Bridge? I've found a couple of dumps on blue and yellow and sushi airlines that drop YQ to $197.60, which is actually quite helpful to go to SIN, which I can get down to $680 ai. Any hints on something better than that?

Looks like UA just dropped their YQ, it's now $178.20! :P

And to the member who was PMing about SFO-SIN, since I ran out of PMs for the day, looks like mine are right between yours. Thanks for the extra info! Oh I meant $558 ai, the $680 came from doing a stopover in Sushi which I forgot about.

goldconker Jan 3, 15 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)
Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

I hope this doesn't mean anything.... unless it does. Especially the Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne part. 2x with Russia / France? :P

Mask Jan 3, 15 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mask (Post 24095234)

Originally Posted by RangeXT (Post 24095273)
your choice

You mean I have the wrong airline/alliance or do you mean I could use an 1x as well as an 3x?

If someone is willing to give more specific help per PM, I'd send my (meager) findings.

Calgary88 Jan 3, 15 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24095224)

A bird flying in the Sun.^

Epicura Jan 3, 15 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24095485)
I hope this doesn't mean anything....

Oh boy, do you underestimate the nuances in this thread. WWE is not just posting this in order to show off his savoir-vivre ;).

Why do you think I shared that my routing was slightly different?

Btw, I'm at 160 EUR now.