FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

336 Jan 5, 15 11:11 am

As far as I experienced, you need some patience and different attempts before you get it to show. Thanks pimpco.

flylonghaul Jan 5, 15 11:18 am

DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

pimpcoltd Jan 5, 15 11:23 am


Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24105471)
As far as I experienced, you need some patience and different attempts before you get it to show. Thanks pimpco.

You're welcome. Don't just select. Select this...

metooleopard Jan 5, 15 11:26 am

Hi all - long time listener first time caller. Have read through lots of this thread and have found my first 3x, which seems like a great milestone. Will keep working at it and not asking for any answers, but wanted to get clarity on fare rules where 3x's are permitted. My current assumption is it's only when end on end is permitted, and not where side trips only are permitted. Is this correct?

Current best effort is only a £40 saving on a UK->BKK flight, but it's a start...

anandrag Jan 5, 15 11:46 am


Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Assume on 380-heavy fleet?

axIguy Jan 5, 15 12:07 pm

YYZ - CPT

66.60 USD BF Each Way. O-fare on BA


END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS.
Decent fare for the Cape from Canada.

So far only got to 464 EUR with an approx. 50% off dump.

elpueblo Jan 5, 15 12:16 pm

Newbies, I can have that NYC-BKK flight for 140 EUR. If I use a stopover on my way back home, then 171 EUR. However that's not practical to me. I have to detour a little to make it useful and the price becomes 229 EUR without a stopover. I am still thinking whether I grab it or not because I will be at Patong next week consuming tons of beers.

From C1e, there are closer ones at cheaper prices. Strikes are here and there. Unless you want to use one of those particular pairs (because you are in those cities), look somewhere else. $511 price is quite high.

Newbies, some strikes are really day specific and direction specific. You also need a cooperating OTA/GDS team.

Comme on fait son lit on se couche.

paagal12 Jan 5, 15 12:25 pm

need some help.
 
Been trying to trim the fat from alcatraz to big ben. Tried for a while now. Can't seem to cut the $540 yq. Should I be looking for a 3x in c3? C2? Sample dates
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.

Calgary88 Jan 5, 15 1:36 pm


Originally Posted by axIguy (Post 24105889)
YYZ - CPT

66.60 USD BF Each Way. O-fare on BA



Decent fare for the Cape from Canada.

So far only got to 464 EUR with an approx. 50% off dump.

Je ne suis pas expert, mais votre rêve est réalisable. :)

Deltahater Jan 5, 15 2:00 pm


Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24106023)
Been trying to trim the fat from alcatraz to big ben. Tried for a while now. Can't seem to cut the $540 yq. Should I be looking for a 3x in c3? C2? Sample dates
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.


Your actual travel dates have no impact on the YQ. The base fare might vary, but the effectiveness of your strike is not impacted by the travel dates of the SFO-LHR trip.

fuyao Jan 5, 15 2:14 pm


Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24106023)
Been trying to trim the fat from alcatraz to big ben. Tried for a while now. Can't seem to cut the $540 yq. Should I be looking for a 3x in c3? C2? Sample dates
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.

There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

boss315 Jan 5, 15 3:09 pm


Originally Posted by fuyao (Post 24106770)
There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

...and that would be? Curtain #1,2 or 3?

metooleopard Jan 5, 15 3:17 pm

DFW-Ind
 

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

vinvam Jan 5, 15 4:12 pm


Originally Posted by metooleopard (Post 24107155)
I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

I think the currency is a hint -- likely a 1x in C2. Am I on the right track here?

delavenne Jan 5, 15 4:37 pm

Hello,

I have tried and tried again for OKA but don't find any 3X that works…
I think the departure flight is through HEL while the return is through PAR but the 3X just adds the 3X :-/
Could you please help me a bit?

Thanks


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:20 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.