FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

trapped Jan 8, 15 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 24122039)
Hard to say, but it's not like people manually check your itineraries unless you draw attention to them. So would probably need an airline to be consciously looking out for the 3x, and then having a real human look at it and go "hmm, they're flying here, but then they want to fly from there to there???!". Is the 3x pretty obscure?

Thanks for the advice, its bookable on a OW Carriers website, but no where near where I'd end up.

centauru Jan 8, 15 9:19 am

I'm trying to dance from C1-C2 with the waltz but can't find a way to burn off the fatty Wiener Schnitzel. Is it even possible?

jorun Jan 8, 15 9:37 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24124910)
With a defiatist "NOCANDO" mentality, the best deals are lost.

Also Rules are only rules only if they are properly implemented.

Living in the past will not get anyone anywhere. Yes we all had ~126 Euros from ARN/CPH back then.

Hoping for lower base fares in the future is like a beautiful dream - it MAY come true.

I see but often KQ has promo fare so I really suggest to wait before to book now :) . Remember (not living in) the past can help to avoid to waste money.

I can assure you that 99% of the fare rules are properly implemented :) . 1% are very rare case and usually unbookable. (I'm referring to fuel dump).

seris7 Jan 8, 15 10:25 am

Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 with 3X.

Many dates Feb-April.
Very far from you, can do 224.00 with 1x...working ex AMS, not FCO.

denis1991 Jan 8, 15 10:30 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24122199)
Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 € with 3X.

Many dates Feb-April.

Home work:

Base Fare from Roma Italia is even lower:
KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V
€9.00

If one wants to depart from one of Holland's neighbours, prices from 206,86 euros to Kenya (didn't check the other destinations yet) are possible.

flylonghaul Jan 8, 15 11:27 am

Originally Posted by denis1991 (Post 24125860)
If one wants to depart from one of Holland's neighbours, prices from 206,86 euros to Kenya (didn't check the other destinations yet) are possible.

With a 3X or 1X?

2110.sha Jan 8, 15 11:29 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24122199)
Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 € with 3X.

Many dates Feb-April.

Home work:

Base Fare from Roma Italia is even lower:
KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V
€9.00

This may be a very stupid question.. (But since this is all extremely new to me, you might want to forgive me...)

I am probably too late for the "Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 with 3X." or "KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V 9.00" But could someone please explain to me how/ where to book this? (Which tool to use to search for flights like this?) I live in Amsterdam so these options are very interesting for me.

denis1991 Jan 8, 15 11:42 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24126241)
With a 3X or 1X?

3x.

Epicura Jan 8, 15 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by 2110.sha (Post 24126251)
This may be a very stupid question.. (But since this is all extremely new to me, you might want to forgive me...)

I am probably too late for the "Holland to Tanzania/Kenya/Uganda/Ethiopia from 247,77 with 3X." or "KQ VPRIT ROM to DAR booking code V 9.00" But could someone please explain to me how/ where to book this? (Which tool to use to search for flights like this?) I live in Amsterdam so these options are very interesting for me.

There is a WIKI above this thread. Read it please.

Ik denk dat je niet helemaal mee bent met het onderwerp ;). Het amusement er mee!

macdonaldj2 Jan 8, 15 1:04 pm

I'm having an issue getting a fuel dumped booked, I see it on the big O, however it's repricing, tried other countries version of major booking engines to see the price jump as well, tried airlines website with no luck...any ideas besides finding a booking engine to play ball?

2110.sha Jan 8, 15 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24126531)
There is a WIKI above this thread. Read it please.

Ik denk dat je niet helemaal mee bent met het onderwerp ;). Het amusement er mee!

Will do! Thank you for your response Epicura :-)

paagal12 Jan 8, 15 2:34 pm

I may have stumbled upon something or Not. lol

I have been searching for a 3x with no luck. I would love any input via PM. Found a great FD opportunity. *A. It may have already been posted before. Here it goes.
Trying to dump 500 YQ. AI cost $809.
C-1 to c-3. (Chatrapati). Any help with direction to finding a good 3x would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mateuszz Jan 8, 15 3:33 pm

I agree with jorun.
This is not the best price.
I flew the same route almost 2x cheaper. Wait to purchase.

Deltahater Jan 8, 15 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24127533)
I have been searching for a 3x with no luck. I would love any input via PM. Found a great FD opportunity. *A. It may have already been posted before. Here it goes.
Trying to dump 500 YQ. AI cost $809.
C-1 to c-3. (Chatrapati). Any help with direction to finding a good 3x would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, don't code your questions.

The 3x you are looking for has been spelled out in this thread several times. In black and white. It's there. city codes, countries, airlines. All there. just put in a bit of effort. it's the whole teach a woman to shop concept, rather than just buying her some shoes

flylonghaul Jan 8, 15 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by denis1991 (Post 24126368)
3x.

Ok thanks. Will have a look.