FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

dd1612 Jan 8, 2015 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24128020)
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, don't code your questions.

The 3x you are looking for has been spelled out in this thread several times. In black and white. It's there. city codes, countries, airlines. All there. just put in a bit of effort. it's the whole teach a woman to shop concept, rather than just buying her some shoes

OP is looking for:
SFO-BOM-SFO
Low BF's + $500 in Fat.

Calgary88 Jan 8, 2015 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24127533)
C-1 to c-3. (Chatrapati). Any help with direction to finding a good 3x would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Did you try some popular spot in C3 before, like Lion City, Chulalongkorn?
That will be easier to pick up the rhythm. :)

ag2000 Jan 8, 2015 9:52 pm

c1-c5 $400 ai rt (2 cpm)

While work + family commitments kept me away from this thread, and probably will for some time, I still miss it :cool:

People from c1 may visit the Cradle of Humankind and the Castle of Good Hope with 4 star airline for only $400 USD ai rt which is not bad at all for almost 20,000 mile trip fully credited to one of the favorite major alliance FF programs.

paagal12 Jan 8, 2015 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 24128663)
Did you try some popular spot in C3 before, like Lion City, Chulalongkorn?
That will be easier to pick up the rhythm. :)

I tried about 3 to 4 variations in viet, thai, other surrounding countries. No luck. Will keep trying though.
Thanks.

Enigma Jan 8, 2015 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by trapped (Post 24125037)
Thanks for the advice, its bookable on a OW Carriers website, but no where near where I'd end up.

Nowhere near is fine (just book it well into the future). My question was more the 3x itself. Is it a route that you'd expect to commonly take, or something that few people would be expected to take? Take it to PM if you're not sure.

Good to see you around ag2000! People come and go in here, as you'd expect. :)

Epicura Jan 8, 2015 11:04 pm

it's the whole teach a woman to shop concept, rather than just buying her some shoes

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." would be MUCH better....

Travel4Love Jan 8, 2015 11:11 pm

it's the whole teach a woman to shop concept, rather than just buying her some shoes

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24130049)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." would be MUCH better....

And what happens if you give a man a woman that knows how to shop? Answer: He gets to go places he would never have dreamt of before! ;)

Epicura Jan 8, 2015 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Love (Post 24130069)
And what happens if you give a man a woman that knows how to shop? Answer: He gets to go places he would never have dreamt of before! ;)

Haha :D. Make my day :)!

Could be the female approach for FT and FD in particular though. Instead of MR or VR (vacation run); flying to GIG for a bikini, getting to NYC for a haircut or MIA for a pedicure and a quick tan.

Guilty as charged :D.

hammosaurus Jan 9, 2015 3:34 am

Hi everyone,

Need some help please. Sorry to ask in my very first post!

Been working on LHR - ICN - NRT - LHR on OW for sakura season. Got it down to about Ģ570 with a well-known 1x.

Question is - can it be reduced even further? I've tried a to find a 3x from a long list of ones that had previously worked but no luck.

PS - 'flying' my first tricked fair in a few months :)

vikingX Jan 9, 2015 4:06 am

there is a nice US fare published from VIE to SEA.. however, there are no flights.. can anybody explain how this can be possible?

brumbrum Jan 9, 2015 4:20 am

nice basefare for c2c-ZNZ on KQ, any idea how to shave the fat?

denis1991 Jan 9, 2015 4:56 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24130964)
nice basefare for c2c-ZNZ on KQ, any idea how to shave the fat?

227,44 € AI at first look. Same strike as in my previous post :)

brumbrum Jan 9, 2015 5:09 am

Originally Posted by denis1991 (Post 24131075)
227,44 € AI at first look. Same strike as in my previous post :)

really 3x?
"END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH DOMESTIC/
INTERNATIONAL FARES."

is this the jorunīs golden egg (understanding why this is possible?)

Or simply OJ?

denis1991 Jan 9, 2015 5:46 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24131120)
really 3x?
"END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH DOMESTIC/
INTERNATIONAL FARES."

is this the jorunīs golden egg (understanding why this is possible?)

Or simply OJ?

Are you sure that you are looking at the right fare rules?

brumbrum Jan 9, 2015 5:59 am

is VPRCZ the right fare? ;-)