FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

denis1991 Jan 9, 15 6:11 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24131267)
is VPRCZ the right fare? ;-)

I see it now and you're right in respect to the fare rules. I was talking about departing more western. Sorry for the confusion.

pimpcoltd Jan 9, 15 6:51 am

Originally Posted by vikingX (Post 24130929)
there is a nice US fare published from VIE to SEA.. however, there are no flights.. can anybody explain how this can be possible?

There are. But to see them you have to study more than the section on combinability. $280 is a number to start with. $232 after some additional reading.

tfc3rid Jan 9, 15 7:21 am

Seeing a $34 base fare each way from the CHI to VIE... $500+ in fat...

Been able to trim the fat down to $290, making fare $537 a/i... It's a start...

KiteM Jan 9, 15 7:37 am

Originally Posted by tfc3rid (Post 24131641)
Seeing a $34 base fare each way from the Second City to visit Cardinal Schonborn... $500+ in fat...

Please don't code the route........

Arctom73 Jan 9, 15 3:11 pm

c2.5-hkg $153
a few dates at the end of March (1x)

travelfanatics Jan 9, 15 3:28 pm

JNB-C1/C2/C3/C4/C6, all R/T, diff OTAs

Giving back to the community. Some "unflyable" Xs perfect for others. Throw-away Xs exist but not full FD. Available winter through spring.
JNB-C1e ~$285 ai
JNB-C2 ~€215 ai, OJs also possible
JNB-C3 (not HKG) ~€190 ai
JNB-C4 ~€213 ai
JNB-C6 ~€497 ai, wish BF <$410.76 someday

seris7 Jan 9, 15 4:21 pm

JNB-C1/C2/C3/C4/C6, all R/T, diff OTAs
Giving back to the community. Some "unflyable" Xs perfect for others. Throw-away Xs exist but not full FD. Available winter through spring.
JNB-C1e ~$285 ai
JNB-C2 ~€215 ai, OJs also possible
JNB-C3 (not HKG) ~€190 ai
JNB-C4 ~€213 ai
JNB-C6 ~€497 ai, wish BF <$410.76 someday
I think these are the old "no alliance" fares already discussed a few weeks back, right?

Deltahater Jan 9, 15 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24130168)
Haha :D. Make my day :)!

Could be the female approach for FT and FD in particular though. Instead of MR or VR (vacation run); flying to GIG for a bikini, getting to NYC for a haircut or MIA for a pedicure and a quick tan.

Guilty as charged :D.

I thought your trip to GIG had a different reason than buying that infamous bikini :D

RangeXT Jan 10, 15 1:07 am

Originally Posted by seris7 (Post 24135157)
I think these are the old "no alliance" fares already discussed a few weeks back, right?

Of course. Lower prices possible as posted here before. Nevertheless it includes fares for big alliance members, too

Epicura Jan 10, 15 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24136152)
I thought your trip to GIG had a different reason than buying that infamous bikini :D

You are right. Flew to GIG to watch the semi final of the Brazilian cup in Maracană. Shopping in Ipanema was a great bonus, nevertheless :D.

bugss Jan 10, 15 3:54 am

Originally Posted by x1achilles (Post 24123380)
1 post every 9 years!?
You are definitely the the FT "lurker." What gets you out of your shell?

Even if the way out of the shell is known for a "lurker", staying inside is the only possibility if you are not fit enough to leave it. Where would be the best place to practice?

tonghua88 Jan 10, 15 3:12 pm

I'm trying to do a "30 day challenge" with reading this thread. It sounds lame; I know, but it seems like the easiest way to digest the information.

I have a couple of questions related to digesting the thread itself. I skimmed it for several days, thinking, "I don't need to read this; I can totally skim and search for information and I'll understand everything!" Yeah, no. Rookie mistake. Yesterday I decided to try to read 100 pages a day, which honestly isn't that hard. Now I'm 120 pages in, and from what I understand, it's important to understand how how people learned to trim the fat (really, the evolution of FD) to fully understand the system. So even if things like the Harlem Shuffle and the Pineapple Poke are defunct, I can at least try to understand the systems they used to find them even if I can't practice finding those FDs myself. Is this an effective way to use this thread?

I actually found my first FD yesterday. I was ecstatic because I was so confused when I first tried to jump into this that I never thought I'd be able to. It wasn't worth buying, but I have a vague understanding of how it worked. (Vague in that I really can't replicate it, but I understand how it had the possibility of working through end-on-end permissions, open jaws, and codeshare agreements.) So yeah. Looks like I have a new hobby. Looking forward to reading and trial-and-error!

dd1612 Jan 10, 15 6:55 pm

Am looking at booking a 1way BOM-to-ORD.

Price is $475 of which $310 is YQ.

Any suggestions/recommendations (via PM) for a 2X that could reduce the YQ.
Will take even a +50% reduction of YQ.

edit: Have tried adding a 1x GOI-BOM, but YQ remains the same.
Have tried all my known candidates for the 2x with no luck.

frank_10b Jan 10, 15 8:28 pm

Is there any way to trim the fat on NAS rtn to USA or intra Caribbean , should I even keep looking or even if I found it would this get me into more trouble than?
PM welcome.

billybligh Jan 10, 15 8:37 pm

Not even sure there's yq on nas. one way out and avios back is cheapest. lax to nas can get really low. good 1x material.

edit: lol good ol AC yq=24, intra this hemisphere yq is rare.