Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:23 am

For clarification, do 3x's (that you don't intend to fly) going to a country that requires you to have a visa cause unwelcomed notice by the airlines?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by flwrlover1
For clarification, do 3x's (that you don't intend to fly) going to a country that requires you to have a visa cause unwelcomed notice by the airlines?
Once I had to buy a visa for a C3 country (for 3X) on the airport, almost missed the flight, wifi was very slow, and didn't receive the visa in e-mail, just the conformation of the application, but i could convince the staff, so they let me on my flight. I still haven't been to that country yet. I wouldn't mess with it. However if the 3X is far away in time, then no problem can happen.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:50 am

Perfect, thank you!

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Apr 3, 2017 at 9:06 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
C1-C2c r/t 323.86USD with 3X, oneworld.
I know its nothing big deal, but still nice to that city with 3X.

Last edited by e30st; Apr 3, 2017 at 9:17 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:00 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
C1-C3-C3se-C1 ai st 355usd 3x. Nice cities, I'm sure somebody can get it a bit lower.

Last edited by C W; Apr 4, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:02 am

Any way to dump TAP with a simple 3X at the moment? I can do it with 1X, but don't know if I will be able to fly it.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:48 am

sorry...

Last edited by brumbrum; Apr 5, 2017 at 5:57 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Jboucsei
Posted it a couple of days ago in this thread. I do not claim to have "invented it.

Cheapest I get now is for 242€ ai. Tip: It´s hard to understand the personal in the connecting airport due to their heavy accent.

That price is not so much more amazing than WWE´s price, so I asume, I don´t yet know the full story. Also it´s with ST - especially on these routes they use old planes and bad service and don´t permit Stop-Overs.
Exactly. Still, the old planes are not that bad as their old "should-have-been-retired-but-prefer-to-relax-in-the-galley" cabin crew. Grandma airline. A330s on some C2 routes are slightly better.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:10 am

again...ersatzhardware

Last edited by brumbrum; Apr 5, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Yes I did. After Half of bottle of Dom Perignon celebrating my birthday.
I wish you a new liver to your next birthday, seems in serious condition if half a bottle DP makes you drunk ;-)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:14 am

delete

Last edited by brumbrum; Apr 5, 2017 at 6:27 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by brumbrum
I wish you a new liver to your next birthday, seems in serious condition if half a bottle DP makes you drunk ;-)
Hopefully your FD knowledge is better than your medical knowledge
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:19 pm

Still a newbie ! been following for months already but still having trouble to understand the ''language'' (YES i did read the rules and everything its because my native is not english) so pls pm me with some hints if possible
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
BUSINESS CLASS C2-C1 with Stop-over in Capital City €243.39 All-in O/W

Business Class C2-C1 with Stop-over ( 2 days - 179 days) in Capital City

€243.39 All-in O/W.

Bookable on major OTA.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL plat, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Hopefully your FD knowledge is better than your medical knowledge
lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.