Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by nutsey
MXP to LRM €134 all in, on the blogs so no point coding
... and dead
Old May 9, 2017, 11:33 am

I could fly to C3 in late summer for 163 € RT
with outbound und return flight on two different airlines.
For about 5 € more the same airline.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:12 pm

C1-C2.5 low $300s on trustworthy OTAs. Probably known by many, but wanted to share that it works over some great Thanksgiving dates.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:36 am

Useless 3x?

After two months of obsessive searching, I'm finally doing some progress.
The other day I focused on a specific carrier and was able to find two 3x's on ITA.
However, this one is a 75% FD, but good enough to be interesting for me. The problem is it seems to be un-OTAble. Very few, maybe only one ota finds the routing. When proceeding it says something like "sorry, not available anymore".
Should I consider my 3x useless? Or might it become useful on an another time and place? What is your experience with un-OTAble 3x's?
Old May 11, 2017, 3:40 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
After two months of obsessive searching, I'm finally doing some progress.
The other day I focused on a specific carrier and was able to find two 3x's on ITA.
However, this one is a 75% FD, but good enough to be interesting for me. The problem is it seems to be un-OTAble. Very few, maybe only one ota finds the routing. When proceeding it says something like "sorry, not available anymore".
Should I consider my 3x useless? Or might it become useful on an another time and place? What is your experience with un-OTAble 3x's?
Without knowing details, I would say keep trying. You probably will have to look far beyond the OTAs in the ITA powertools userscript.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by C W
Without knowing details, I would say keep trying. You probably will have to look far beyond the OTAs in the ITA powertools userscript.

I did search manually on several country portals of momondo. If found an another OTA showing the desired route and price, but when clicking on it , it suddenly disappeared. What's up with "ghost" fares that actually are ITAble and possible to find on OTAs, but disappears when trying to book.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by KarlPedal
c4b-c1.5 one-way, ~5000 miles flown in business class for $400
Still available, but with even lower price now - $360 with this routing!
Trivial to find it, but I think it's some sort of mis-pricing. Expedia clearly showing Business class but fare rules in ITA shows Y.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by KarlPedal
Still available, but with even lower price now - $360 with this routing!
Trivial to find it, but I think it's some sort of mis-pricing. Expedia clearly showing Business class but fare rules in ITA shows Y.
Unfortunately this is only an OTA glitch, at the end you will fly in economy!
Old May 15, 2017, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
C2- Cambodia with Free Stop-over in connecting city €178.33 All-in R/T

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 15, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Even cheaper i.e. $165 and even on all blogs... of course without trick.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by man4business
Even cheaper i.e. $165 and even on all blogs... of course without trick.
hi guys, having followed this topic for a longer while i finally want to show up and ask first question. can someone give a hint about SPL1 FPL1 PPL1 RPL1 or where to search for it most efficently?
Old May 15, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
190€/209$. Don't know if I have the wrong departure, wrong trick or just don't find the right ota to get it any lower.
Well, close enough to say I found it
Old May 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Found several ways to dump aforementioned fare, none of which practical. 3X or 1X closer to departure continent possible? Don't want to spend too much time looking for the impossible
Old May 16, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
C2 - C3 same airline 122 Euro

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
C2 - C3 same airline 122 Euro different origin and destination more south, but same transfer city. Also available over easter !
Old May 16, 2017, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
New lower base fares New York - Tel Aviv

Fully dumpable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.