Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jboucsei
Originally Posted by Farerules
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH LX DOMESTIC
FARES WITHIN SWITZERLAND. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS.
SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.

May I again ask if LX is a viable candidate for X´es ans/or if it requires highly advanced skills?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat, BA EC Bronze, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Jboucsei
May I again ask if LX is a viable candidate for X´es ans/or if it requires highly advanced skills?
It is possible without advanced skills, but based on my very limited experience, you might need an additional paragraph in the fare that includes "END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED".

Last edited by swerx; Mar 30, 2017 at 2:12 am Reason: Too much information
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
2swerx: Too much info..., will you specify the airlines next time? Edit it, please.

Edit: Thank you.

Last edited by burito; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:54 am Reason: info correction
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:29 am

Hi everyone!

I’ve been following the thread for months now (still a newbie) and this is my first post.

Thanks to all your advices and sharing and a lot (a lot!) of searches, I finally manage to find some interesting deals. I’d like to share the following one I found today:

C2 - C1.5 AI R/T 310£ (90% fat off with 3X) on major OTA.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
C1-C5 - under $300.

Don't phone home.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Timidocvl
C1-C5 - under $300.

Don't phone home.
$ 269.02 All-in RT to an Island Off the Coast of Africa from C1 South. SKYPE phone will work though.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 30, 2017 at 5:36 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:09 am

C2-C1 138 euro rt ai
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:39 am

i'm new to posting here... first contribution i have that i feel is worth posting.

c2>c1 (stop) > c4 / c4 > c1 (stop) > c2

low $500s

c2 can differ. c4s must be same. pretty deep in c4. got rid of 100% fat w/ 3x
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by tlott
i'm new to posting here... first contribution i have that i feel is worth posting.

c2>c1 (stop) > c4 / c4 > c1 (stop) > c2

low $500s

c2 can differ. c4s must be same. pretty deep in c4. got rid of 100% fat w/ 3x
OJ can bring to EUR 450

with a 3x I could drop all fat and found myself under EUR 300
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by man4business
C2-C1 138 euro rt ai
Instead of the virtually unflyable 1X you used , there is a flyable flyable 1X for your C2-C1 ( in Asia ) easily reacheable from your home base at $ 181.00 all in can close the CAN / PVG Open Jaw , leaving you with C2-C3 1X C3-C2 C2-C1-C2 around $ 310. Remember Saudi ?
Of course an ever-commenting but never contributing member "informed" you not to waste your time.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Instead of the virtually unflyable 1X
Unflyable? Actually there is another deal C2-NN (generally C2-MM-nearby-NN is for 126 euro rt ai with large dates availability) to the place where 1x in NN can be flown (I do not want to unravel NN as this is the place of 1x). But true, one has to plan in advance. Going to C3 also needs planning in advance. p.s. I do not interact with people you mention as "never contributing" at all p.s. by quoting this (BOS/EWR/JFK/MIA) every dumb and blind person will guess the airlines...

Last edited by man4business; Apr 3, 2017 at 1:03 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Unflyable? Actually there is another deal C2-NN (generally C2-MM-nearby-NN is for 126 euro rt ai with large dates availability) to the place where 1x in NN can be flown (I do not want to unravel NN as this is the place of 1x). But true, one has to plan in advance. Going to C3 also needs planning in advance. p.s. I do not interact with people you mention as "never contributing" at all p.s. by quoting this (BOS/EWR/JFK/MIA) every dumb and blind person will guess the airlines...

Its actually very flyable. You are absolutely right. And the price can even be lower. In euros of course
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:17 am

c2-c1.5 138€ RT AI

don't bother yourself with any flyable or unflyable 1x before boarding
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended

Unflyable? Actually there is another deal C2-NN (generally C2-MM-nearby-NN is for 126 euro rt ai with large dates availability) to the place where 1x in NN can be flown ... But true, one has to plan in advance. Going to C3 also needs planning in advance. .....p.s. by quoting this every dumb and blind person will guess the airlines...
You are absolutely right - part of the sandwich - I remembered that possibility after my posting. You have good posting habits and it actually produced a non opinion posting.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:34 am

C1 - C3 $268 AI w/3x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.