Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Business Class C2-C1 with Stop-over ( 2 days - 179 days) in Capital City

€243.39 All-in O/W.

Bookable on major OTA.
But it's not a good 1x
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Business Class C2-C1 with Stop-over ( 2 days - 179 days) in Capital City €243.39 All-in O/W.
It is rt as well starting from €372.92 ai.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Nat25
But it's not a good 1x
Is this 1x only valid after 1SEP17?
I would like to fly the 1x in august and C2-C1 a couple of months after, but I find nothing .
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:12 am

Hi everyone i'm new in flyertalk and i felt amazed by fuel dumping. Any hints to start fueldumping a flight from c2 to c1 or c4? Thank you all for your incredible job and help.

Last edited by Cerroroce24; Apr 7, 2017 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:10 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Cerroroce24
Hi everyone i'm new in flyertalk and i felt amazed by fuel dumping. Any hints to start fueldumping a flight from c2 to c1 or c4? Thank you all for your incredible job and help.
Learn to read the fare rules. If you spend an evening reading a few hundred pages of the thread you'll find what you need in that regard.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL plat, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by C W
Learn to read the fare rules. If you spend an evening reading a few hundred pages of the thread you'll find what you need in that regard.
protip I found on page like 2000 was to change the view so you saw 40 posts per page, which I saw that earlier lol. been reading over the last few weeks.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:03 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by viamarina
protip I found on page like 2000 was to change the view so you saw 40 posts per page, which I saw that earlier lol. been reading over the last few weeks.
That is very useful.

Some other good advice I saw somewhere in the thread that helped me get started was to read the first and last 100 pages. That's a decent start. I'd attribute to whoever posted it originally, but long forgotten.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL plat, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by C W
That is very useful.

Some other good advice I saw somewhere in the thread that helped me get started was to read the first and last 100 pages. That's a decent start. I'd attribute to whoever posted it originally, but long forgotten.
yeah I should go back and reread those first 100. Just now finding my first dump on ITA after all that reading, nothing to write home about, but finally something promising.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by viamarina
yeah I should go back and reread those first 100. Just now finding my first dump on ITA after all that reading, nothing to write home about, but finally something promising.
I'm a newb as well and started reading the first posts and got about 10 pages in. Looking at the post dates, I noticed that they are almost a decade old.

How applicable are they still and, has anyone taken the initiative to create any sort of guide based off of the important/still relevant info from them?

I'm trying my best to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible since I want to do a C1 - C2 trip this summer and found that the fare has a 65% FC that looks dumpable once I get my head around it all.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by MrMiagi_123
How applicable are they still and, has anyone taken the initiative to create any sort of guide based off of the important/still relevant info from them?
Two answers: Yes, guides have been created -- and sometimes sold. Yes, much of what is in here is worthless today. And there is a direct correlation between these two facts.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by MrMiagi_123
I'm a newb as well and started reading the first posts and got about 10 pages in. Looking at the post dates, I noticed that they are almost a decade old.

I'm trying my best to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible since I want to do a C1 - C2 trip this summer and found that the fare has a 65% FC that looks dumpable once I get my head around it all.
you are trying to do what everybody wanted to do. So the airlines caught on and C1-C2 is one of the toughest things to dump. It can be done, but it requires a lot of skill and experience. Not where I would start.

Last edited by Pat89339; Apr 9, 2017 at 2:06 am Reason: TOS 16
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
you are trying to do what everybody wanted to do. So the airlines caught on and C1-C2 is one of the toughest things to dump. It can be done, but it requires a lot of skill and experience. Not where I would start.
Thanks to both for the replies.

I'm finding that the to be case as well, although, with the particular flight, there are end-to-ends permitted, open jaws are permitted, and there are no blackouts for the dates I'd like to make it happen.

I'll keep plugging away and hopefully something "click's" for me.

Last edited by Pat89339; Apr 9, 2017 at 12:42 pm Reason: TOS 10
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Excellent advice to newcomers. Crawl before walking.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 9, 2017 at 11:49 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat
Hi experts another noob here. I'm looking at QR C2-C3 and with 3x seems like I can make YQ go down by 55%. I can also find some very inconvenient 1x which will clear 100% of the fat.

Is it worth to keep searching for better 3x or flyable 1x?
Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by flyeer
Hi experts another noob here. I'm looking at QR C2-C3 and with 3x seems like I can make YQ go down by 55%. I can also find some very inconvenient 1x which will clear 100% of the fat.

Is it worth to keep searching for better 3x or flyable 1x?
Thanks
Problem is that you are Nordic and way too bound of conventional norms. I know because I used to be 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.