Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 11:49 am

*funny mode on*

Originally Posted by man4business
my short answer is that such a question should have never be answered here. Unless you want be in the hall of destruction shame.
my short answer is to not quote him.
Timidocvl likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Faneuil Hall to C2 RT. 127,45 £.
Safe construction.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 9, 2019 at 9:29 am
Old May 8, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
C4-C2 for $455 - 0.024 cents a mile. Free stopovers make this highly usable.

Last edited by Timidocvl; May 8, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Whats the problem ? Koskenkorva Works like a charm

O/w 0.06 € tatl.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 10, 2019 at 3:50 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 4:21 pm
Suspended

RIP

Not so fast. To the eternal doomsday sayers: "Here's looking at you kid ".
You can even enjoy a softdrink on your way to special dinner.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Not so fast. To the eternal doomsday sayers: "Here's looking at you kid ".
You can even enjoy a softdrink on your way to special dinner.
Gānbēi Humphrey, see you in Casablanca.
Very nice that you quote a DEAD man in conjunction with DEAD dumps.

Some people would prefer to make a pact with the devil before admitting that too much publicity will kill the dump.
zroland and karlot_96 like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
To him Dead dump will evolve into a New dump! Dump never ends!
Old May 13, 2019, 11:25 am
Suspended

Erst denken-
​​​​ dann reden
Kid is Ingrid Bergman, who is from Scandinavia. A trick pronounced "Dead" works from Scandinavia. I actually booked it on Saturday 102€ after booking fee.
€ 98 before booking fee. Non Euro, Non USA OTA. Works from PAR also.
That is a meaningful contribution.
And That was essence of posting but blabbing before thinking rather than making meaningful contribution seems to have priority. Casablanca had absolutely nothing to do with posting and anyway, what softdrink is related to that city ?
Can someone point me to a posting number where this commentator has made any meaningful contribution ?

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 13, 2019 at 5:39 pm Reason: In
Old May 13, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Timidocvl
C4-C2 for $455 - 0.024 cents a mile. Free stopovers make this highly usable.
I usually don't repost the same stuff over and over again... but improved to $260. 0.014 cents a mile.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Erst denken-
​​​​ dann reden
Kid is Ingrid Bergman, who is from Scandinavia. A trick pronounced "Dead" works from Scandinavia. I actually booked it on Saturday 102€ after booking fee.
And That was essence of posting but blabbing before thinking rather than making meaningful contribution seems to have priority. Casablanca had absolutely nothing to do with posting and anyway, what softdrink is related to that city ?
Can someone point me to a posting number where this commentator has made any meaningful contribution ?
Come on WWE,
do you really think I had the intention to give a hint to the city Casablanca as I mentioned Casablanca (Wasn´t Ingrid Bergman an actor in this movie named Casablanca)?
I am quite sure that you know that the (unfortunately well known) DL dumps are dead. No matter if there is a new/other way to dump some fares on a few citypairs. You as Expert should know that the technology behind is different as before, but maybe you don’t care about details. And I am also sure that you know that a valuable dump working from nearly everywhere in C2 is lost. Therefore I can´t understand why you are saying that everything is fine or don´t care it is still working?
For many users here it is really a loss.

My meaningful contribution in this thread is, to give from time to time warnings to stop posting the same deals again and again and again and again and….
And yes, for me it is the same deal if airline and construction is the same and only the citypair is different. But everybody is free in his mind and can have a different opinion about that. Beginners in this hobby will say I am stupid, maybe they stick on your lips and are happy about every single of your posts. Hey, this is ok. But with more experience they will probably change their point of view.

Nothing teach us better (and change behavior) than lost dumps.

TK and DL dumps were posted here day by day and then they are gone. How many times did we saw here a battle for the lowest price?
First post 98 €
Second post 97,85 €
Third post 97,49 €
Forth post 97,23 €
Does any user here care if the price is 98 € or 97 €? I don’t think so.

Much more valuable as only fighting for cents are the goodies that airlines give for free. Yes, this is a hint that there is much more possible as only dumping.

I leave it at that.
Clincher, 15cats and karlot_96 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:50 am

*funny mode on*

€ 98 before booking fee.
How much is the booking fee?
Old May 14, 2019, 6:02 am

Erst denken-
​​​​ dann reden
From PAR, its DEAD and as mentionned by SilberPanda, still some rare/few pair City who still working.
Big loose for C2 guys ....
zroland likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Erst denken-
​​​​ dann reden
This thread is useful when all contributions are considered; experienced or not. This is how we learn.
Maybe not so much in the past, when airlines had a harder time locating and closing mistakes or abused fare structures, but in 2019 the idea that too much or too little is posted is petty (a long standing complaint on FT). Fare structures change constantly and we all know these deals/dumps are like a revolving door. Some are found quickly and get closed and some are soon thereafter opened. They just need to be found and shared. If you don't want to share then keep it to yourself and it may last a day longer than if you had not.
I expect to get slammed; Reality is hard to swallow
flying_gremlin likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: DL plat
I stopped posting here a long time ago because I learned how you can't control the information leak. Occassionally I'll reach out by PM to someone if I see something I might be interested in, but I don't post my own findings here. Do I lose more than I gain by doing that? Maybe. But in the 4 months I've been using my current dump, nobody has posted it here. Too bad too because it's one of my best personal finds considering its amazing versatility. But I know that once it gets out, it'll die very quick.

Alternatively, the c4-c2.5 posted in the premium fare portal has about $800 in fat on a $2k ticket. I can't dump it, but I bet it is out there for the enterprising mind
Clincher likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:38 am

DOJ -- C1E to C3 - $347

The far east is calling again for you C1 East Coasters. No need to call any of you exs before you go, after you come back, or even while you are there. Routing is everything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.