Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
yes it is
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Euro404
C2-C3SE, 78€

Different airline, different route, different origin and destination countries:
C2-C3, 171 €, 5*Airline
Nice work.

Originally Posted by Silberpanda
yes it is
Sure it is not. He even said so explicitly in posting.
NOHONOLONOUUU As I can tell there is No Cold Weather involved in either end. I am getting close to same price with some effort this morning.
Its always the same methodology.
1. Find C2-C3 airports and specific dates with lowest BF.
2. Look at your inventory of past FDs for this carrier.
3. Then place the X factor in the optimal position on the most "agreeable" OTA.

If correct, I would consider it medium risk, but somewhat manageable. If anyone here has zero tolerance for risk, then its better to stay away.

So AA , UA and DL and BA and IB have the same 3Xs or other Xs working for over 11 years now. If so smart , they would have had enough time to fix.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 3, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:17 am

C2-C3SE, 78€
I think this one is the same as #9632 (still available, limited), isn't it? Depending on the precision of the term "SE"

Last edited by man4business; Sep 3, 2019 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by man4business
I think this one is the same as #9632 (still available, limited), isn't it? Depending on the precision of the term "SE"
No not at all the same. That #9632 was (as poster points out) a promo fare for a 5th Freedom Flight. I have researched Euro404 s professional background and can assure you that he expresses himself with mathematical precision. If he did not, people would fall out of the sky ( literally). He even anticipated that people would think it was a re-posting and explicitly stated that all the components were different. I am still 15 Euros off but that is good enough. Maybe I have wrong city pair.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 3, 2019 at 12:27 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
So ****MASKED** have the same 3Xs or other Xs working for over 11 years now. If so smart , they would have had enough time to fix.
Not really true. At least 2 of the above airlines have indeed changed their tables to remove the dirt cheap universal dumps. If they work from handful of cities, they do so because of soemthing else being missing from the FR.

The rest other carriers which haven't changed the tables yet have tightened the section #10 or #12 to make it even harder to find a viable combo.

So yeah.. it's only a matter of priority..if and when the airline decides to change the game.. We already know very well what happened to the carriers in Ottomon and the Alps . Another luxury carrier also changed the FR overnight ..taking away yet another easy to price universal dump ex C2.

Of course, where there's a will.. there's a way! But repeated exposure and advertisement of well established tricks will only lead to earlier demise than later.
karlot_96 likes this.

Last edited by andydd; Sep 3, 2019 at 4:56 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:29 am

C2-C3, 171 €, 5*Airline
OK, ok, I like mathematical precision. 148 euro a.i. The same flight *was* possible even cheaper and safer (with 3x) almost three years ago and you know what, expedia cancelled my 3x ticket on that time, but I bought another one ;-p

Last edited by man4business; Sep 4, 2019 at 6:05 am
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:37 am

No need to go to Barcelona or Madrid.

Return flight can be routed to rich C2(c) Country for £ 12 more

Bookable on world's largest OTA in Great Britain.

C2- Canada for £ 19 more
Seems DEAD
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:13 am
Suspended

C2(C)-C3(SE) 54,24 Euros All in R T on OPODO

Not much to loose.

45,60 € possible for less attractive city pairs on less reputable OTA.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 4, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by karlot_96
Seems DEAD
Remember what Mark Twain said about Death announcements.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by man4business
OK, ok, I like mathematical precision. 148 euro a.i. The same flight *was* possible even cheaper and safer (with 3x) almost three years ago and you know what, expedia cancelled my 3x ticket on that time, but I bought another one ;-p
0,12 € was the rate to go at that time. Bookable and flyable but with a hard landing for some who did because the carrier decided to offer nearly the same in C while they were in the air. Fun times, unfortunately not possible like that anymore.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:13 am

So ***** have the same 3Xs or other Xs working for over 11 years now. If so smart , they would have had enough time to fix.
Originally Posted by andydd
Not really true. At least 2 of the above airlines have indeed changed their tables to remove the dirt cheap universal dumps.
You guys both have a point here. The lifespan of some tricks tells you a lot about the state of airline IT. Let's not get over-confident, however, that certain loop-holes will persist forever just because the carrier needs the open door for their regular passengers. When too many dumpsters sneak through that door, the airline may choose to put an end to it (pun intended) and, for instance, accept the burden of filing through-fares. Killing one of the best tricks in recent years (see my sniper post from September 2015) was easy for the carrier because not many regular pax need that door anyway.
mendozer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Tinder Plus
Cool

Not much to loose.

So it is the same...just a different city like @Silberpanda mentioned... I can't get my head around why you're so secretive?
No offence but now you're playing the Opodo game that in fact you are not good at it.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Miles&More
Hi guys, is this deal still alive?

Is it possible to buy?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:03 pm

Finding huge fat in EK. Any tips to dump the fat? Appreciate any help.
Ted07 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by karlot_96
Seems DEAD
Did you notice at 11:30 EDT how right Mark Twain was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.