Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Alec84
Is this still available? Got a few ideas from your post (probably completely wrong), but will not waste time if it has been fixed
So far away from you that it probably is not worth your time. Kiitos and Kippis.

However a Major International Carrier will fly you from an airport not too far from you to India with a New York Stop-over for 269.66 €

bookable on Expedia or Opodo.
eruighaskl likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 22, 2020 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
So far away from you that it probably is not worth your time. Kiitos and Kippis.

However a Major International Carrier will fly you from an airport not too far from you to India with a New York Stop-over for 269.66 €

bookable on Expedia or Opodo.
Thanks! Will maybe try to figure that one out at some point.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:25 am
Suspended

C4-C1-C2 £8.09 Base fare

C4-C1 American Carrier C1-C2 European Carrier.

£ 121.56 One Way All-in.

There can even be a 10 - 11 hour stay in Las Vegas. Enough time to get a rest at The Venetian Hotel or win and regain your £ 121.56 ticket price at the slot machines or Poker Table.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 26, 2020 at 8:44 am
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
C4-C1 American Carrier C1-C2 European Carrier.

£ 121.56 One Way All-in.

There can even be a 10 - 11 hour stay in Las Vegas. Enough time to get a rest at The Venetian Hotel or win and regain your £ 121.56 ticket price at the slot machines or Poker Table.
For me, ITA doesn't like anything further west from DEN. I was also surprised to learn that American Carrier is running A321 on the first leg of over 6 hours (block time).
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jms_uk
For me, ITA doesn't like anything further west from DEN. I was also surprised to learn that American Carrier is running A321 on the first leg of over 6 hours (block time).
ITA nur mit Behändigkeit.
Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, Seattle are all west of Denver.
Keine Hexerei.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 26, 2020 at 10:45 am
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:26 pm

Anyone has experience booking a FD with lucky2go? I couldn't get the itinerary I wanted on PL b/c of too many segments, and Expedia can't handle an overly complicated routing/itinerary either. Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Carrier Combination

C4-C1 via C2 ( Stop-over on big sunny Mediterranean Island) 345.25 € All-in.
Can be used as 2 One-Ways C4-C2 and then C2-C1 several months later
Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
C4-C1 via C2 ( Stop-over on big sunny Mediterranean Island) 345.25 € All-in.
Can be used as 2 One-Ways C4-C2 and then C2-C1 several months later
Stopover in C2 in big sunny city even under 300,- EUR. Stopping at a central C2 beercity 330,-
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
Genuine question cause I'm still figuring it out: is it still surprising if you consider the fleet operated by the American Carrier?
Old May 11, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
C2-C3 starts from 141 EUR

Starting after Corona restrictions are gone until early 2021. C2-C3 with the right strike and payment it comes down to 135 Euro
Just to start some fresh discussions.....Have fun searching while have time in home office....
Old May 11, 2020, 2:50 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I am based in DEN, and I find a lot more tricks originating at LAX or SFO than I do DEN.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
C2-C5 Nonstop, *A, 261 Euros
Old May 18, 2020, 4:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by matio_svk
C2-C5 Nonstop, *A, 261 Euros
That can theoretically be a very short flight, like AGP-CMN or MLA-TUN or LCA - ALY.

Even lower price € 239.85 C1- C3 All-in R/T via Virgin Strike on top rated carrier, which ( by definition ) can not be a US Carrier).
Old May 18, 2020, 5:14 am

LCA - ALY
ALY is HBE now.

C1W-C1-C2 (>23h layover) C2-C1-C1
101,64€

in both (different) connecting cities layovers of >20h are possible. A lot of places to see for very little money.

for longer visits in Europe:
142€

Last edited by Euro404; May 19, 2020 at 8:11 am
Old May 18, 2020, 10:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Euro404
ALY is HBE now.

C1W-C1-C2 (>23h layover) C2-C1-C1
101,64€

in both (different) connecting cities layovers of >20h are possible. A lot of places to see for very little money.

for longer visits in Europe:
142€
My Hat Off to you. Amazingly good work.

I have a suspicion as to what you are talking about but mine is not as long as yours ( itinerary I meant ! )

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 18, 2020 at 11:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.