Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Bmw_talenti
Hi everybody,
I've been a long time reader of this forum and sometimes had a look to this thread. I have basic understading of how the whole trick it thing works, but when I read this thread I notice that there is something I am missing.
Please don't be mad at me, I tried to visit Rules / Sticky thread and all that stuff to understand how to read posts in this thread, but can someone explain me where to start to get the meaning of
C1-C2 $xx RT. ???
I mean...where is the information, apart that someone found a very good deal between two continents???
Ok, I got you have a trick but should I go on and found it all by myself with not even a hint? Is it just to make other FTs aware that it is possible found a trick??? PLEASE TELL ME!

Sorry, but I feel so stupid about it :-)
I’m in the same position as you! I have a rudimentary understanding of the process and regions, but specific city pairings I don’t have a clue. Some of the clues are not the easiest to decipher - but maybe that’s me being stupid!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
I’m in the same position as you! I have a rudimentary understanding of the process and regions, but specific city pairings I don’t have a clue. Some of the clues are not the easiest to decipher - but maybe that’s me being stupid!
If everything was straight forward anybody including the airlines and blogs, will know and kill the trick. Posting are deliberately made cryptic and sometimes undecodable. There is no set of rules.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by andydd
If everything was straight forward anybody including the airlines and blogs, will know and kill the trick. Posting are deliberately made cryptic and sometimes undecodable. There is no set of rules.
I’m not complaining about being criptic. What criptic information can there be in
C1-C2 xx$ ???
I understand when the city is identified with relevant information but plenty of posts like this guys...really it gets frustrating...
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
What is more frustrating is when people openly and repeatedly post a deal here, which then results in its death.
My advice to you is, dont waste your time with it, its not a good investment.
andydd likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: QF; VA; AS
Originally Posted by Bmw_talenti
Hi everybody,
I've been a long time reader of this forum and sometimes had a look to this thread. I have basic understading of how the whole trick it thing works, but when I read this thread I notice that there is something I am missing.
Please don't be mad at me, I tried to visit Rules / Sticky thread and all that stuff to understand how to read posts in this thread, but can someone explain me where to start to get the meaning of
C1-C2 $xx RT. ???
I mean...where is the information, apart that someone found a very good deal between two continents???
Ok, I got you have a trick but should I go on and found it all by myself with not even a hint? Is it just to make other FTs aware that it is possible found a trick??? PLEASE TELL ME!

Sorry, but I feel so stupid about it :-)
You state that you’re a long time reader of this forum yet your only posts here are you begging for help. All forums operate on a mutual exchange of ideas and information yet you’ve shared nothing despite your time as a lurker.

Like you I’m trying to work out how to utilise the techniques hinted at on this thread but I can totally see the reasons newbies are viewed with suspicion. How many people have come here in the past and taken ideas from this forum and spouted them as their own on some blog?

My interest is not so great that I visit here regularly but it is fun to try to decipher.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:36 am

I understand your objection about it being my only post.
However, that’s because I lost possession of the email address linked to a previous account.
I’m not telling you I’m a long time big contributor to this forum, just that my history with this forum does not begin with the post 2 days ago.
I’m not asking you to decipher cryptic messages, just to answer a simple question about what kind of information is contained in the simple line you usually go on with in this thread.
As I said, I’ve already read all the support materials, understood how it works and I know there’s work to do after someone post something but still no one answered my simple questions even if it won’t give away anything about a specific offer.
Maybe I’d be keen to contribute to the forum if I was better informed. I don’t even know othere places where to post information I acquire here...
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL plat
Any better option for the origin of the ⬛🐑 than the 🏝? BF is about 50% of the savings ☹
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
C1 - C2 RT, nonstop $181.36

Round trip, Safe structure and available in May.

Last edited by P4Fly; Nov 28, 2019 at 2:33 am
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
So is this only for dumping or also about other stuff?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:44 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yreal
So is this only for dumping or also about other stuff?
Only fuel dumping.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: QF Gold
If anyone has actually flown the ongoing (2 year +) dump on one of the ME3 and national carrier that takes you half way across the world can you please reach out?

I'm tempted to book it, but want some more confidence that it is flyable.

I will fly the 1X.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, OZ Diamond
C1-C4 350$ non stop. Almost like big apple to potato. Bf not necessarily attractive but 100% fat trim and plenty miles to numerous programs
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by hellosweets
C1-C4 350$ non stop. Almost like big apple to potato. Bf not necessarily attractive but 100% fat trim and plenty miles to numerous programs
Works from both USA and Canada and is very safe, easily bookable and can be done for less than $ 300 R/T. Works to Asia too including any Open Jaw between C4/C3.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
C2-C3 Midsummer 2020 77,39 € O/W 96,49 € R/T

Includes 7 day stop-over in attractive city near lush green mountains.

O/W Safe Trip.

96,49 € R/T Mid-Summer - Safe

Saigon 136 € and a 7 day stop-over and open overland segment

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 10, 2019 at 5:45 pm
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:17 pm

Any C4-C1 or C4-C2 available? There are a couple of 1Xs in C4n but 3Xs seem difficult to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.