Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:11 am

C1(W)-C3 RT 150€ ITAble, 165 on OTA

Last edited by eruighaskl; Nov 6, 2019 at 4:18 am Reason: Lower price
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:09 pm

Hi guys I want to share my first and only experience with FD. Last year I discovered a route for C2-C3 with a free stopover possible. 3x in the destination country by another airline can be added to dump 50% fat. Although the all in fare was not as low as you guys mentioned in the threads, I was already pretty happy with that because I discovered it by myself. And the stopover is useful for visa free visit. But recently when I want to do it again, the 3x is no longer combinable while EoE is still permitted by the fare rule. Anybody understanding this FD could give me some hint if it's dead or not?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:30 am

Are you sure that you EoE permitted is uncoditional, or perhaps, it is with "PROVIDED" and if yes, what is the constraint there?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:54 am

Thanks man4business, you are super correct. There's a new line added in their fare rule stating that other carriers can not be combined for EoE or side trips.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Nothing extremely cheap, but its interesting, that you can fly C2-C3 via the long way, for 311€ rt. (one of the segments here is very very long).
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by e30st
Nothing extremely cheap, but its interesting, that you can fly C2-C3 via the long way, for 311€ rt. (one of the segments here is very very long).
Nice out-of-the-box thinking.
Guess there is a Cx involved.
I think I can guess which one. Is Stop-over possible there ? If so then it is indeed a great price.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 9, 2019 at 8:26 am
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Nice out-of-the-box thinking.
Guess there is a Cx involved.
I think I can guess which one. Is Stop-over possible there ? If so then it is indeed a great price.
As far as i know. CX NOT fly C2-C1. It only could be with a OW partner + CX
While SQ you even could fly all around the world in 3 segments. FRA-NYC-SIN-FRA, but as far as i know, it doesn't dump
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by andydd
Yes, game over. My only hope in a sport, that becomes less and attactive, day by day, is that while killing a diamond, they messed up somewhere else.

May be some new doors open when they touched the code (I expect '00000s lines of code written decades ago, can't be easily changed, without messing something else up)
Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
I hate to say it but the enemies have switched from tactical maneuvers to a strategic defense against guerilla tools.
The specific airline only changed the kind of YQ them charged......

Last edited by bertheike; Nov 18, 2019 at 3:10 am Reason: NOT want to teach airlines how to protect from FDing
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Now you are mixing up something bertheike

Andy and Pimpco refered to a fixing made by a GDS.
You are talking about a fixing made by an particular airline.

Results are hard for us, but different action.
pimpcoltd and zroland like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Silberpanda
Now you are mixing up something bertheike

Andy and Pimpco refered to a fixing made by a GDS.
You are talking about a fixing made by an particular airline.

Results are hard for us, but different action.
Most of the lately FT members who post dumps, don't even know the dump logic so when they can't find again the trick they just think "it's dead" without actually understand what was the fix. They didn't do the homework but they just got the dump info/hint from someone else and then they felt the right to show how much they are great posting tricks.
Everyone ate the cake, everyone showed on FT how much the price can go down, everyone is thinking to call an airline to keep valid a return after no show, everyone make money on tricks and so on.
There isn't anymore the concept to preserve tricks but only the concept to begin an influencer spreading ignorance. An example:
Some weeks ago a blogger who did a hard work explaining UA award rules (hats off to you), opened an article/provocation "To those who complain about bloggers killing your deals, I've got a $100 opportunity for you to prove that your deal was killed by one of those evil deal-killing bloggers.".
Obviously the challenge itself is stupid and it's just a provocation to prove to his followers that he and his blogger friend are good etc...

However, this blogger didn't consider the impact that all the bloggers have made in the last five years for example about fare rules. If you stop for 5 seconds to focus ONLY about how many "mistake fare" was published in the latest 5 years and how MUCH the fare rules have changed, you will end to understand that the damage calculation is far OVER 100 bucks.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by bertheike
As far as i know. CX NOT fly C2-C1. It only could be with a OW partner + CX
While SQ you even could fly all around the world in 3 segments. FRA-NYC-SIN-FRA, but as far as i know, it doesn't dump
Duh !

I obviously did NOT mean Cathay.
Cx reference is totally different than CX. That should be obvious to anyone with even the shortest of FT participation.
Since posting was C2-C3, Cx It is where the continent's number ( x ) ( 1,4,5,6,) is unknown.
I think we are hitting a new low when this nonsense and lack of circumstantial understanding is the essence of postings, instead post real deals which is what I praised e30st for .

TLV to USA can still be YQ free on several airlines 238 euros R/T and possibly less
Lots of dumps still work including several which have been around since 2010-2012

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 18, 2019 at 7:57 am Reason: Example
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by bertheike
The specific airline only changed the kind of YQ them charged......
I wasn’t talking about a specific airline. That fix killed more dumps than most folks have ever heard of.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by e30st
Based in C2c, this one is interesting indeed.
Is this one of those self-dumping tickets or a strike is required? ITAable?

Last edited by ondraondra; Nov 18, 2019 at 1:52 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by man4business
Are you sure that you EoE permitted is uncoditional, or perhaps, it is with "PROVIDED" and if yes, what is the constraint there?
My best guess would be that noodles can be only combined with noodles., based on authors initial description. Guess the airline was forced to do it this way.. because not only people were having increasing appetite for noodles but also boasted about a dollar cheaper noodle recipe, on an almost daily basis.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:54 am

Hi everybody,
I've been a long time reader of this forum and sometimes had a look to this thread. I have basic understading of how the whole trick it thing works, but when I read this thread I notice that there is something I am missing.
Please don't be mad at me, I tried to visit Rules / Sticky thread and all that stuff to understand how to read posts in this thread, but can someone explain me where to start to get the meaning of
C1-C2 $xx RT. ???
I mean...where is the information, apart that someone found a very good deal between two continents???
Ok, I got you have a trick but should I go on and found it all by myself with not even a hint? Is it just to make other FTs aware that it is possible found a trick??? PLEASE TELL ME!

Sorry, but I feel so stupid about it :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.