Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by jorun
Yes I have created In-Line 2X structures recently.
route is c2-c1.5 RT. I did a post months ago and it still works.

@ Sisyphus1carus

the tool shows you if the stock XX will dump the airline YY.
OK - that was nice. My idea in writing the posting was that I would send a copy by e-mail of what worked in 2015-2016 to anyone who answered affirmatively to my request and that includes you too.

I think I still have your e-mail address on file and will send you a screenshot of a very attractive LH/OS combination C2-C3-C2. Maybe you are able to make use of it, maybe in altered format, in here in 2018/2019.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:20 pm

This possibility ended because the LH group added a "YQ bomb" in the fare rules. You can still see it in Category 12 for example in Austrian (OS) KNNDE BER to BKK ("A fuel surcharge of xxx will be added to the applicable fare with any sector...).
zroland likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Kimsbrand
This possibility ended because the LH group added a "YQ bomb" in the fare rules. You can still see it in Category 12 for example in Austrian (OS) KNNDE BER to BKK ("A fuel surcharge of xxx will be added to the applicable fare with any sector...).
this is correct but this restriction is also telling you something more.

@WWE

I only answered to your question. I don't need old screenshots about dumps which I have studied before and later the fix.
Let's share fresh news and leave the dead one in the past.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:46 am

Given the fact that there were two structures to dump LH group to C3 and that only one of them was inlineX in the true sense, you three might well be talking about different things. The structure to which kimsbrand refered did not die because of the Q bomb but because of a change in another section of the fare rules. The Q bomb only killed the true inlineX.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
Given the fact that there were two structures to dump LH group to C3 and that only one of them was inlineX in the true sense, you three might well be talking about different things. The structure to which kimsbrand refered did not die because of the Q bomb but because of a change in another section of the fare rules. The Q bomb only killed the true inlineX.
welcome back!

It's also true that OTAs probably changed something about the validate carrier. Anyway a nice (complicated) test could be:
1) price a route with an inline2X which should be pretty easy
2) add an X factor which doesn't have IA with "the main airline" and force the OTA to issue the ticket on another stock.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:37 am
Suspended

I think, with a couple of exceptions, there is a general lack of English reading comprehension around here and a failure to read headline. "Old tricks Never Die - Do They ?
The posting was an attempt to revive this thread by using old tricks (Screenshots) as stimulators for additional research ( not necessarily limited to LH/OS/SN and LX) into some of the most cost effective structure by people who have the experience to do so. I even included an introductory explanation the background for why I was asking the question. I was not asking for "ME TOO SELF HYPE".

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 2, 2018 at 2:06 am Reason: TOS 18
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I think, with a couple of exceptions, there is a general lack of English reading comprehension around here and a failure to read headline. "Old tricks Never Die - Do They ?
The posting was an attempt to revive this thread by using old tricks (Screenshots) as stimulators for additional research ( not necessarily limited to LH/OS/SN and LX) into some of the most cost effective structure by people who have the experience to do so. I even included an introductory explanation the background for why I was asking the question. I was not asking for "ME TOO SELF HYPE".
It's funny that you state "a general lack of English comprehension around here" while missing the rich content of jorun's, kimsbrand's and my post regarding your "initiative": Whoever wants to benefit from the fruit of the past will have to sort out what to look for: inlineX, 2x, a combination of the two, or that structure to which you might refer. Each of these structures depends on certain provisions in the fare rules. Some of these provisions are the same, some are not. But they are all mentioned or hinted at in the answers to your cry for help. As a matter of fact, there has hardly been more analytical info in this thread since 2015/16 than in the past few days.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 2, 2018 at 2:14 am Reason: Remove deleted TOS 18 quote
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:20 am

The answer to your first question about the inline 2X, was wrote above. I also give a tip on how to revive it in a different way but it should be tested. The problem isn't the english reading comprehension.
There aren't old or new trick. tricks are always the same but in a different salsa mix.
There is no point in sharing screenshots of old tricks when two experts know almost everything about how the inline 2x works/worked.

I'm glad to continue to talk about it with "fresh" news otherwise it's just a wasting of time.

and the " I know everything but will share Nothing " attitude are parts of the reason why this thread is rapidly becoming irrelevant and useless, especially to new comers.
New comers land here from blogs. They didn't learn tricks like us. Their brain is already damaged from the "open non-sense sharing" made by blogs/forums/whatever.
So we need to be very careful on what we write here and how we share hints/tricks via pm. You never know if they will leak information to blogs etc...
For example when I did the post about Iberia promotion, my intention was to notify experts about the extra deal but as you saw there was a lot of non-sense posts against me.
The mentality has changed for the worse and this is why this thread "is rapidly becoming irrelevant and useless".

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 2, 2018 at 2:09 am Reason: Remove response to deleted TOS 18 quote.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:23 am

Seems Priceline made some changes which is at first sight unfortunate to book certain types of mixed fares. Seems the changes only affect some routes however. What would be a good alternative to mix and match?

Last edited by geelgors; Jul 1, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
It's funny that you state "a general lack of English comprehension around here" while missing the rich content of jorun's, kimsbrand's and my post regarding your "initiative": Whoever wants to benefit from the fruit of the past will have to sort out what to look for: inlineX, 2x, a combination of the two, or that structure to which you might refer. Each of these structures depends on certain provisions in the fare rules. Some of these provisions are the same, some are not. But they are all mentioned or hinted at in the answers to your cry for help. As a matter of fact, there has hardly been more analytical info in this thread since 2015/16 than in the past few days.
You made my point: ",with a couple of exceptions," was included within the posting and was a reference to Kimbrandt and You.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by jorun
if the airlines don't have IA you can't mix them. You can mix them only if there is a third airline which has IA with the others. It's a smart way to force the ota to issue the ticket on another stock.
Anyway most of the dump are between airlines with IA.
it's better to focus the attention on which stock dumps the airline XX. There is a tool which can tell you exactly if airline XX is dumpable by stock XX. Sometimes fare rules tell you exactly which stock dump airline XX.
This is not 100% correct.
It's up to which reservation system is used by OTA !
Some require that every involved airline in a ticket need IA with each other. If have 3 different airlines in PNR A needs with B, A needs with C, and B needs with C. And special case if tix should be issued on a 4.th airline which is not flying, them also need IA with this one. Aditionaly it may be neccesarry that ticketing FR's confirm on which airline(s) the tix may be issued.
Other reservationsystem requires in same example only IA between issuing carrier and each other involved airline. So if tix is issued on A, IA is only needed between A and B and between A and C. But not between B and C !
But there are some more factors, if tix can be combined, which may be found in FR's, but some in special cases need a manual proof over an extern website.
FLA77 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:42 pm

This one has been around for months but I don't recall anyone posting about it.

C1n-C3 $257.22
With 3x

Last edited by kchanbeki; Jul 10, 2018 at 8:28 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
C1e-C2.5 $419.42 bookable on PL.

With 3x
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:56 am

Destination: C4
Miles flown: 12,513
Cabin Class: Business Class
Total price: $ 1253 if you want to fly during the New Year's Eve
cheapest price but less miles flown: $ 892
legacy airline

it's a different deal from the other one to C4.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:56 am

Inline X: still works for prominent *A

There was mention of true inline X in past few days. Wonders do happen & against all the odds.

C1-C2, 100% liposuction, 100% safe. tonnes of dates. Rather exotic origin city.

340Eur all-in, cheaper prices possible by further tricks.
Tip: You need a capable OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.