Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:14 pm

I can see it for $655.25 (nothing new here). Google Flights says: call airline
But is it what you mean? Probably not, because it is easily bookable on many OTAs (around 561 euro at 520 euro / 612 $).
15cats likes this.

Last edited by man4business; Oct 14, 2020 at 2:11 am Reason: price adjustment
Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL plat
Figured out a solution... New price $613.55. This one is bookable... Different airline, route, and alliance on the construction (same entree routing and airline)
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by 15cats
Figured out a solution... New price $613.55. This one is bookable... Different airline, route, and alliance on the construction (same entree routing and airline)
Do you need to force specific booking classes that might not be the cheapest?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by davem4
Do you need to force specific booking classes that might not be the cheapest?
No. Readily identifiable
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by man4business
I can see it for $655.25 (nothing new here). Google Flights says: call airline
But is it what you mean? Probably not, because it is easily bookable on many OTAs (around 561 euro at 520 euro / 612 $).
Mind clearing space for a PM?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:19 am

Not a crazy deal but business class DOJ C4a-c2a // C2b-C4b is available for 811 USD ai. Bookable only on one reliable website.

edit: deal is dead

Last edited by jorun; Oct 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:38 pm

C1 - C2 R/T - 179€ with 3x (ota specific)

I'm getting back to the FD after a few years of absence, I don't know if it has already been posted.

New-York or Miami -> SPAIN for 175 € - 100% fuel dump with 3x (OTA specific) The price could be much better, but my 3x is quite expensive.
Also possible in ITA but only 50% dump

There are a multitude of possibilities in C2 but slightly more expensive

Last edited by Ton1; Oct 26, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Ton1
I'm getting back to the FD after a few years of absence, I don't know if it has already been posted.

New-York or Miami -> SPAIN for 179 € - 100% fuel dump with 3x (OTA specific) The price could be much better, but my 3x is quite expensive.
Also possible in ITA but only 50% dump

There are a multitude of possibilities in C2 but slightly more expensive
Welcome back ! Nice injection into a near dormant thread
I flew it last September 2019 from Head Quarters of Airbus Industrie to New York and applied 13 Miler and at a lower price. Guess that does not work anymore. Had an enjoyable 1 night stop in a "foreign city" .
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Welcome back ! Nice injection into a near dormant thread
I flew it last September 2019 from Head Quarters of Airbus Industrie to New York and applied 13 Miler and at a lower price. Guess that does not work anymore. Had an enjoyable 1 night stop in a "foreign city" .
13 miler still effective for anything? Haven't had that work as a strike for some time
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:10 am
Suspended

C1-C4 € 61,45 All-in One Way.

Way south of the Equatorial Line.
Full Service Carrier.

MyTrip.com

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 29, 2020 at 8:11 am Reason: Technically this belongs in another thread.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nutsey
13 miler still effective for anything? Haven't had that work as a strike for some time
13 miler currently works as a 3X for a certain City Pair separated by a big ocean.
No C2 component..

Same OTA as above.
nutsey likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 2, 2020 at 4:50 am
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:31 am

C1-C5 r/t safe construction $462

C1-C5 one and a half times, $439 safe (same destination, different for more) (This is indisputably better than the first option)

C1-C5 r/t twice $746 total (same destination, different for more)

C1-C5 one way, 3 times, $422 (This one is stupid because the reverse cannot currently be done 3 times. But fun thought nevertheless)
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Idlewild or Orchard airport to Palam airport 132,45 € All-in R/T , using 4****+ Red Cross European carrier using old trick.

With a small twist of the wrist you can fly Luftie instead to same country.

Alternatively, this trick also works with another high quality carrier to the former South West African colony of Luftie's home country.

Actually, a C1-C5 (Open Jaw ) C3-C1 will get you 127,92 € All-in ( even lower MAY be possible)*

I have been asked why I posted this since skipping 1X will almost automatically cancel rest of itinerary. I posted because I have been informed by several FTers, even a group of 3 flying to Beachy start location on a future vacation and therefore have opportunity to fly 1 or several 1Xs.

One of my trusted friends actually took the time and made the effort to optimize this deal and reached 98 €. That is what this thread should be all about: Helping others and improve pricing.
Hello, I'm new to FT. Thank you for this tip. I noticed that you've mentioned 4**** as one of the components of the flight. Could you please explain what this is?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 6:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sineman
Hello, I'm new to FT. Thank you for this tip. I noticed that you've mentioned 4**** as one of the components of the flight. Could you please explain what this is?
4Star refers to quality rating of airline. 5 Star ***** is highest, so this one is just 1 step below highest LuXury rating.
Back then it was actually down to 93 Euros. Remember, fares and trick change frequently.
deovrat likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 6, 2020 at 6:09 am
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:08 am

In J
Lots of desserts dump lee elliott about 50% ex-C1, but finally discovered an electronics company as an app cuts 86% in J.
In Y
It cuts about 69% as dessert, 79% as an app
$64 BF
Any better options out there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.