Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA, QR
Originally Posted by man4business
Two different cities (C2) - Ministro Pistarini, 146 and 149 euro.
Thanks for sharing this route!

I think I've found the route and the airline you're referring to, but have only managed to reduce YQ 50% using a (domestic) 3x making the price €400. Any tips on reducing this further would be much appreciated...I am still new to this and all the tricks I know have not yielded anything more!
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:47 am

Usual carrier, different route

C1 to C2.5 for 231€ RT - you can add a stopover in C2 for 75€ more.
Safe construction, 11388 miles including the 3X
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by eruighaskl
C1 to C2.5 for 231€ RT - you can add a stopover in C2 for 75€ more.
Safe construction, 11388 miles including the 3X
I'm desperate for this airline to add more destinations to not Area 1. The JV killed me
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by eruighaskl
C1 to C2.5 for 231€ RT
This one is as old as YQ history I guess. Easy to find OTA with: 215 euro a.i. (both ex-C1w or ex-C1e). Note: fast rotation 185 euro.

Also another classical route C1(e,w)-(C2)-C3 with extremely low BF results in 163 euro a.i. (as posted I guess several weeks ago by WWE for poor students) - for greedy people also with 1x (low risk) for 156 euro.

Last edited by man4business; Dec 29, 2020 at 2:25 pm Reason: more pricesly
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
C1-C2 Round Trip Ł 95.91 All-in Round Trip

Fly C1-C2 R/T Non-Stop on largest carrier in 1World Alliance Q4 2021.

Safe construction - some ( even very large ) OTA's forget QY completely.

Ceasar City ( containing the Holy Sea) or City of Lights a bit more.

Obviously NOT TP Air Portugal or LCC.

Now Ł81.69 All-in R/T No Risk. Bookable on World's biggest OTA
mendozer likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jan 7, 2021 at 7:23 am Reason: Further optimization for Q4 2021
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:00 am

after CORONA:

C1.5 - C2 - C1.5: 85,99€
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Euro404
after CORONA:

Nice ! Very innovative - Assuming that your application of C1.5 designation is correct but you always seem definitionally correct like a scientist. C1.5 = SJU or BQN Puerto Rico ?

In my structure I can go to my local beach and see flights appoaching airport runway .
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by Euro404
after CORONA:

nice deal. It is existing for a long time. But never seen with such a low BF.
No need to specify C1.5 more in detail. C1.5 is not so big.

Last edited by Silberpanda; Jan 2, 2021 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:43 pm

Does anyone know of an OTA that allows more than 6 legs of a multicity?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 15cats
Does anyone know of an OTA that allows more than 6 legs of a multicity?
Depends on if you mean legs or stops. I have never had any issue with legs
Here is a 9 leg trip that only has 3 stops though: AMS-LHR-BOS-DTW-FNT/FNT-ATL-PTY/PTY-ATL-JFK-FRA (mileage run for around €480) I booked this on Delta.com
You don't have to put in each leg of the multi-trip. Just let the OTA propose.

lastminute.com 8 stops.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bankops
Depends on if you mean legs or stops. I have never had any issue with legs
Here is a 9 leg trip that only has 3 stops though: AMS-LHR-BOS-DTW-FNT/FNT-ATL-PTY/PTY-ATL-JFK-FRA (mileage run for around €480) I booked this on Delta.com
You don't have to put in each leg of the multi-trip. Just let the OTA propose.

lastminute.com 8 stops.
Lastminute/kiwi is helpful, but not exactly what I'm looking for. It breaks the journey into multiple separate tickets. I know of the 16 leg limit, but I'm talking about more than 5 or 6 segments/stops that OTAs like EXP and PL limit one to on a single ticket without having to go to a TA.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Lastminute/kiwi is helpful, but not exactly what I'm looking for. It breaks the journey into multiple separate tickets. I know of the 16 leg limit, but I'm talking about more than 5 or 6 segments/stops that OTAs like EXP and PL limit one to on a single ticket without having to go to a TA.
I am not sure of the problem with multiple coupons. My trip was three ticket numbers but it was still only one PNR and one ticket. I have many tickets like this. 16 is the limit because electronic tickets are maxed out at 4*4, 4 coupons of 4 flights each.

Last edited by bankops; Jan 6, 2021 at 1:16 pm Reason: remove limit 4
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
C1-C2 EUR 94.42 R/T AI, pontificating with cream cheese
50c BF. Tricky initially but reject the alliance
mendozer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:54 am

You might be better off just booking 2 tickets (and probably even save money..because you can ticket on otas that give discount) if it is the airline that I think it is.

Even if somehow you manage to ticket 16 segments, overly complicating your ticket esp. In corona times is not the smartest idea. There are lots of IRROPS and daily changing entry bans. Suddenly you find that your ticket is either worthless or exposes the ticket to an in-depth manual inspection (due to complexity and structure) should you ask to reissue tickets. This is certainly asking for untimely death of a very long existing dump that can be relatively easily found and ticketed
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by andydd
You might be better off just booking 2 tickets (and probably even save money..because you can ticket on otas that give discount) if it is the airline that I think it is.

Even if somehow you manage to ticket 16 segments, overly complicating your ticket esp. In corona times is not the smartest idea. There are lots of IRROPS and daily changing entry bans. Suddenly you find that your ticket is either worthless or exposes the ticket to an in-depth manual inspection (due to complexity and structure) should you ask to reissue tickets. This is certainly asking for untimely death of a very long existing dump that can be relatively easily found and ticketed
No need to worry about jeopardizing tricks with me. I am more curious to see if it is possible, and so far it appears not. The limit of 6 "flights" (legs, segments, trips, every place has a different term for this) looks to be insurmountable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.