Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by LeStras
Hi everyone. I just created this account today because my last account username included my name which probably isn't the best idea for this thread. I'm from Canada but just started going to University in Europe so I've been using my quarantine time here to study this thread. I was super excited yesterday when I found my first 3x that worked! Now I'm working on WWE's last post as I think it can get me home for a cousins wedding. Long story short, from what I've read fuel dumping takes a lot more effort these days so I just wanted to say thanks to those who still post on this thread. I would have been hopeless had I just found out about fuel dumping from a blog and not had this resource. Maybe in a couple months I can actually post a deal on this thread. Thanks again!

Routing is not most direct, so probably not worth searching for.
SPAIN/Portugal fares to USA(JFK/BOS) and Canada ( YYZ and YUL) are now so low and with very little YQ attached that net savings from dumping will be very low. Reading about Fuel Dumping on blogs is useless. Whenever in the past they gone into ANY detail they have been attacked, so not they just give a useless generalized description,
fuyao, Granite64, andydd and 1 others like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Feb 18, 2021 at 6:58 am Reason: Found additional 3Xs
Old Feb 12, 2021, 4:48 am

Class I

C2-C4 biz for 87 euro a.i.
DreamerSte likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:38 am

Great biz fare. Getting €196 but hopefully find a cheaper strike, open to tips!
Old Feb 12, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by man4business
C2-C4 biz for 87 euro a.i.
you forgot the google flights link
jk, very good find!
Old Feb 13, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by fridgy
you forgot the google flights link
jk, very good find!

Nice fare yes, if you can actually fly it.

Last edited by Granite64; Feb 13, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:20 am

Come on, guys, how many times you are going to write here about "good fares"?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:07 am

Come on, guys, how many times you are going to write here about "good fares"?

Is there a rule which says that we can't do that?
Yreal likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:41 am

The first rule is not to broadcast too much.
matio_svk, Yreal, zroland and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:08 pm

The first rule is not to broadcast too much.

I'm very much aware of what the 'rules' are.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
After thoroughly checking, I guess there's only one way something like that is possible
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Raul2014
After thoroughly checking, I guess there's only one way something like that is possible

That doesn't need a thorough check.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Routing is not most direct, so probably not worth searching for. In the entire world I have only found 1ONE 3X which works for this carrier - so forget it.

SPAIN/Portugal fares to USA(JFK/BOS) and Canada ( YYZ and YUL) are now so low and with very little YQ attached that net savings from dumping will be very low. Reading about Fuel Dumping on blogs is useless. Whenever in the past they gone into ANY detail they have been attacked, so not they just give a useless generalized description,

The little tips in each of your posts have added up to a nice portfolio...
Old Feb 16, 2021, 6:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy

The little tips in each of your posts have added up to a nice portfolio...
Thank You. Then it works as intended. Only the diligent will, like a puzzle, put all the pieces together and enjoy. The fact that many of the oldest tricks, some even 14 years old, still work is evidence of concept.

Then there are lots of "Me Too" commentary postings with neither Context nor Content and with no Informational Value whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Raul2014
Originally Posted by Granite64
Nice fare yes, if you can actually fly it.
Totally missed his point. Post # 10049 refers to all-in final price after applying a Trick - NOT a "Fare"
Using the term "Fare" implies that its a mistake fare and/or a fare which can only be found on a certain "secret" OTA.
Good Fares belong somewhere else.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Feb 16, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

Totally missed his point. Post # 10049 refers to all-in final price after applying a Trick - NOT a "Fare"
Using the term "Fare" implies that its a mistake fare and/or a fare which can only be found on a certain "secret" OTA.
Good Fares belong somewhere else.
I definitely didn't mean that, but you are correct.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Granite64
I definitely didn't mean that, but you are correct.
Glad we agree. You have been around for 8 years and though we are not close, I seem to remember you as making serious meaningful contributions. Lets focus on that and move on. Cheers
Granite64 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.