Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chronicrelief
I thought that this was what you were referring to but was confused since AA is not a flag carrier. Unless you mean in the sense that the tail is literally a flag.
The operating carrier is the spanish flag carrier. That was most likely what was referenced.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL plat
Best I can do on the next FIFA is ~$600 total savings. I can reduce YQ by $800ish with $200ish BF on strike. Still $477 of fat left. Winged horse hasn't worked for a while, so is there anything better than what I have?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Clam Chowder for Dinner and then Lamb Rogan Josh for Dinner 2 nights later

Clam Chowder for Dinner and then Lamb Rogan Josh for Dinner 2 nights later. On return you can stay for 7 days or longer in the country which cooks Kim Jong-un's favorite potato meal. After a long 7 day or longer digestive restful vacation there, you may return to originating airport and have Clam Chowder again.

93,73 All in with structured construction. Bookable on OTA located in Country of Canals.

Screenshot from OTA is selectively available.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 27, 2020 at 6:28 am
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:20 pm

Are there any 3xs that work with LOT? In the asian subcontinent since the fare rules restrict end on end trips to that part of the world.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:19 am
Suspended

Who has been able to dump the YQ on the $ 0.00 TATL Base fares ?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:32 am

Hi everyone, a newbie here. Please, correct me if I wrote too much information, but this is a question without any tricks.
I've been monitoring this thread for a while, and I decided to find some trick by myself. I found out that ET offers flights from C2 to many C5 destinations, OJ and circle trips are possible. In many cases YR makes more than 50% of the total price. The fare rules are similar for all routes: EoE and side trips are allowed, provided combinations are for carrier ET.
As I understood, these rules allow strikes. I tried some x3 within C2, C3 and C5, but neither worked. The combinations with x3s are ITA-ble and OTA-ble, but YR does not decrease. Could someone give me a hint if a strike is possible at all with these fare rules? If it is, how should I construct it? I am a bit confused by the part "provided combinations are for carrier ET".
I am sure that there can be cheaper routes between C2-C5 with another carriers, but I just want to make this one work to learn the concepts. Thank you!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by morozovvp
Hi everyone, a newbie here. Please, correct me if I wrote too much information, but this is a question without any tricks.
I've been monitoring this thread for a while, and I decided to find some trick by myself. I found out that ET offers flights from C2 to many C5 destinations, OJ and circle trips are possible. In many cases YR makes more than 50% of the total price. The fare rules are similar for all routes: EoE and side trips are allowed, provided combinations are for carrier ET.
As I understood, these rules allow strikes. I tried some x3 within C2, C3 and C5, but neither worked. The combinations with x3s are ITA-ble and OTA-ble, but YR does not decrease. Could someone give me a hint if a strike is possible at all with these fare rules? If it is, how should I construct it? I am a bit confused by the part "provided combinations are for carrier ET".
I am sure that there can be cheaper routes between C2-C5 with another carriers, but I just want to make this one work to learn the concepts. Thank you!
You may thanks the blood sucking blogs.. this simple 3x dump (for newbies) died ca. March 6, 2017 (or in couple of days that followed). If you try hard, you will be able to find the original blog and then subsequent copycats who bled this dump till last drop. If you want to begin with FD, you should try some other airlines. Alas..gone are the sunshine days..when you sat on ITA and within 2 minutes, you found 5 dumpable airlines.

Enough said for now. Any PMs on this topic won't be replied to.

Last edited by andydd; Oct 9, 2020 at 1:46 pm Reason: Typo/grammar
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
A banker who works at BMO will mistake a house in Hot Pot Land built by Sun Yat-sen for a Timmies and offer you an incredible mortgage, although the mortgage cannot be paid in cash. C1-C3 F or J is possible for 1/8 of normal price. Availability only between the diamond and emerald months of 2021.

Last edited by chronicrelief; Oct 9, 2020 at 9:26 pm Reason: tmi
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:11 am
Suspended

A banker who works at BMO will mistake a house in Hot Pot Land built by Sun Yat-sen for a Timmies and offer you an incredible mortgage, although the mortgage cannot be paid in cash. C1-C3 F or J is possible for 1/8 of normal price. Availability only between the diamond and emerald months of 2021.
Award trick straight out a Chinese Travelsite from 2 days ago. No trick - simply coding mistake by award program. Nothing you have discovered or developed. Letter " " is key. The article is as explicit as one can imagine.There are only millions of Chinese who now know this .
If your intention is help your FT friends who are members of the relevant award program and who have the requisite miles, then just post in Good Deals thread or similar, and provide URL link

Do you have a suggestion for question posted in #9962

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 10, 2020 at 6:29 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by andydd
You may thanks the blood sucking blogs.. this simple 3x dump (for newbies) died ca. March 6, 2017 (or in couple of days that followed). If you try hard, you will be able to find the original blog and then subsequent copycats who bled this dump till last drop. If you want to begin with FD, you should try some other airlines. Alas..gone are the sunshine days..when you sat on ITA and within 2 minutes, you found 5 dumpable airlines.

Enough said for now. Any PMs on this topic won't be replied to.
Well not only the blood sucking blogs, there are similar blood suckers very close to us; the ones that have scores of 'fans' who pay pay top dollar to 'teach' them some 'tricks'.

Have a nice weekend!
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Award trick straight out a Chinese Travelsite from 2 days ago. No trick - simply coding mistake by award program. Nothing you have discovered or developed. Letter " " is key. The article is as explicit as one can imagine.There are only millions of Chinese who now know this .
If your intention is help your FT friends who are members of the relevant award program and who have the requisite miles, then just post in Good Deals thread or similar, and provide URL link

Do you have a suggestion for question posted in #9962
I have used this trick to C6 in the past using now-removed possibilities. But I am posting now because it is revealed on the blogs and there is not too much life to it anymore.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:40 am
Suspended

I have used this trick to C6 in the past using now-removed possibilities. But I am posting now because it is revealed on the blogs and there is not too much life to it anymore.
Glad you recognized reality.
Exactly the reason why you should show it. Either to everybody here on FT or at least to your closest friends because all of these trip opportunities will soon be history.
Disguising something on FT which could be extremely useful to some FTers regarding something that is public to millions of Non-FTers does not seem to make sense.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 10, 2020 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:03 pm
Suspended

C2-c3 €297.81

Still available with structured itinerary where the flyable 1X is Intra C2.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 12, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Still available with structured itinerary
Possible to find on Matrix if I was to brute force it?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL plat
I'm trying to book a pretty standard C1-C2 J RT for $702. ITAable but none of the methods getting it to an OTA work. It is structured, so if I up the fare class on all segments, it is bookable for $1156 on multiple OTAs, but I'd rather save the money. Still a savings of >$800, but this more of an academic exercise for me.

Also a different airline and different C destination can lose the full $1900 in a safe construction - this one is pretty easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.