Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IluvJetAirways
Wouldn't the easiest way to decrease their sales be to monitor the blog and (upon release) just openly publish the FD for free somewhere else and draw attention to that? do this a couple times and people would opt for the free option over paying them (and hopefully dissuade SF in the process of hunting down/selling tricks).If SF is using some form of cloud compute (i.e. AWS) to search for dumps/strikes at scale, then they are relying on the sales from the ebook to offset their compute costs (which can accrue fairly quickly). So in that regard a few rounds of this without people buying the ebook would hurt their bottom line to a degree. Or maybe this is just a zillennial thought and they're more likely just getting everything from this thread as you all suggest.

Yes it will still probably kill the trick, but IMO a better solution than calling the airline? at least consumer wins as opposed to corporate.
This would make the most sense. Either way the deal dies, but this way you hopefully subvert the blog. The question is can you do it in a way to get enough attention and traffic to make it not worth the effort for the blog. Probably the only effective way to do this is to have another major blogger on board as that would be the best way to generate enough traffic to undercut the blog.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 5:24 pm

Think with brain

I just cannot stand the unwise-ness anymore and feel compelled to speak.
The idea of revealing trick proactively will thwart SF’s greed is simply naive.
The thing that has never come to some’s minds here is that you do not have the moral high ground over SF.
To airlines you are equally damaging as SF if not more. Actually more damaging since airlines can just follow SF and kill as SF posts, but cannot easily detect secret tricks causing them loss along the way.
SF mostly copies from other bloggers. They have 0 costs and have no guilt of killing tricks.
Unless you can make every blogger's mouth shut, it's only a matter of time that SF finds out and copies and kills.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:16 am

nice bf on J C1-C2
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by tarman121
nice bf on J C1-C2
The fare from C1E to the city of tiles with the other golden gate bridge? Fare rules say END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS NOT PERMITTED. Still trickable? Or some other fare?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by abcx
The fare from C1E to the city of tiles with the other golden gate bridge? Fare rules say END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS NOT PERMITTED. Still trickable? Or some other fare?
youre right, the super low bf doesnt seem to be.
the dump im achieving is with a more expensive bf.

still, the dump works and shaves around 40% off with little effort.
nothing to call home about though
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
the new J fare from europe to africa is dumpable to 717 euros. Who can get lower?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by fridgy
the new J fare from europe to africa is dumpable to 717 euros. Who can get lower?
Mind sharing if its *A/ST/OW/Non-alliance?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Mind sharing if its *A/ST/OW/Non-alliance?

oneworld, but the fare is gone now.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jorun
I saw this before you edited it, but haven't found it yet. Still looking...
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
luckily for you. if it will die , I will tell you
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
This one is gone - [PREM FARE GONE] BA - KRK-CPT - 4127 PLN / $1038 USD r/t - Business
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by cruser1
is it OW?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by jorun
is it OW?
Yes
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:15 pm

Yes
1038 USD LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I will not waste time. Those who were able to read my post know the price.

Have a nice hunt.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:29 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
That's not what was posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.