Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by man4business
I can't believe what I'm reading. It seems that the blog, which literally ruined through its extreme greed, a lot of great deals, "isn't so bad", because by some miracle one of the schemes sold still works. Well, let's leave them alone, or maybe remind them that they can still sell it again.
youre missing the point.

its not about "isnt so bad"
its about them usually pulling their ebook from sale very quickly which means some tricks stay alive. so the notion of revealing the dump in this thread as a way to combat/punish them doesnt make much sense.
we'll only be shooting ourselves in the foot as the trick will 100% be killed within hours if shared here.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS, DL, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriot
Found a workable fare from C1W to C3S in time for spring break. Good luck finding a strike. I don't have one either haha.

Edit: since this happened to me last time I shared. Unless you have a strike to share I won't respond to your messages
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by rythem
Found a workable fare from C1W to C3S in time for spring break. Good luck finding a strike. I don't have one either haha.

Edit: since this happened to me last time I shared. Unless you have a strike to share I won't respond to your messages
I'm not sure if the C1-C3 you're talking about is the same one I have in mind, but there are working 3Xs if it is. There is one particular airport at C3 that seems to work best for triggering things. It's possible to mix in other airports in C3 for arrivals and departures with prices just slightly higher, which might be better if you plan on traveling across C3.

Last edited by 55minutes; Feb 23, 2024 at 9:17 pm Reason: deleted specific details to protect the FD
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:34 am

Programs: Le Blue
E or V - not cook-able!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:24 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
There’s only a small handful of knowledgeable people posting clues to deals here and a few thousand lurkers. Even the people who work out the methodology rarely are rarely posting 12 months later. Maybe there like me and prefer to travel in J, or maybe they start selling Ebooks.

I still like to search for dumps as a hobby, and I've been lurking here for long time since my last post. Currently looking for an open jaw for the 2024 euro matches for a friend. Found some candidates but dunno the appropriate strikes.

Some of my old strikes still work but not for this routing.

I stopped flying tricked routes because I got married, and my wife isn't willing to gamble on booking a vacation around a FD. I still enjoy the hobby of searching. And maybe one day I'll take a flight with some friends and they will be totally cool with FDing.
EmailKid, goodgirl, aktchi and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Hairbus380; Feb 27, 2024 at 11:55 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:14 pm

C4-c2 // c2-c4 217
FTDDD, habaryu and oskiboski like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Alitam
C4-c2 // c2-c4 217
I know this one, will trade PM for C2 - C3
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bloemetje56
I know this one, will trade PM for C2 - C3
It's a trade place here? If someone had a chat with you or trust you, he will give you some hints or infos on whatever FD. It's not against you but you can be working for SF or else. During the last year, lot of crap happened to FD so even if I might know something about C2-C3 or else, I don't think I will share it with anyone except some people that I've shown to be some kind of ''guardians of the FD' or people I think I can trust..
mfgr, HarbourGent, habaryu and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Feb 28, 2024 at 5:20 pm Reason: Rule 16 edit
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Surprised this thread was so quiet yesterday given the EGP shenanigans !
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: HH diamond/LH Senator/Elite plus
LOL its everywhere. Muchos LA and habibi QR
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Has anyone managed to dump B6 after SF ruined it?

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 15, 2024 at 6:53 pm Reason: Rule 18 violation
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
There are some low base fares on the DUB flights but looks like the rules don't allow any end on end or add-ons so haven't had much success. Would be curious if anyone else has had.

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 15, 2024 at 6:54 pm Reason: Confirm edited quote
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by abcx
There are some low base fares on the DUB flights but looks like the rules don't allow any end on end or add-ons so haven't had much success. Would be curious if anyone else has had.
Yup, no EOE generally prevents a dump but we know thats not always the case in practice. Northing I have tried yet has dumped it.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
No an expert but dead for me...

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 15, 2024 at 6:55 pm Reason: Confirm edited quote
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by abcx
I just traveled on JFK-AMS RT on Sunday.. Candy condition. Somebody else just left JFK yesterday in the same condition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.