Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!



************************************************** ******
This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:18 am
  #11626  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 180
Can we all agree that going radio silent on this thread makes no difference to Secret Flying finding dumps.
lensovet likes this.
tarman121 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:43 am
  #11627  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by tarman121
Can we all agree that going radio silent on this thread makes no difference to Secret Flying finding dumps.
I wouldnt agree with that entirely. Often a fare is mentioned here and ends up on SF within days/weeks. This fare has been mentioned previously, and posted by SF previously. Either way, it is not really possible to avoid unless everyone uses private messaging which is onerous and not conducive to a collaborative effort with new people.

People will continue to post, SF will continue to kill, and the circle of life will continue.
renwaldo and hoboeater like this.
nutsey is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:53 am
  #11628  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by nutsey

People will continue to post, SF will continue to kill, and the circle of life will continue.
I'm not sure if people will continue to post. Have you seen this thread the last few weeks
nutsey likes this.
tarman121 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:59 am
  #11629  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Programs: QF; VA; AS
Posts: 110
Clearly SF are posting these dealbto make money off the Ebook which then has a tendency to kill the trick.

Why is it not a good idea for knowledgeable posters here to post the entire deal here for free as soon as SF publish the full details on their site?

This serves a number of purposes:
- It takes revenue Ebook revenue away from SF
- It reduces clicks & comments which reduce ad revenue along with SEO
- It increases traffic to this site/thread
- It helps to educate the people who keep coming here asking for help by using actual examples of real, working dumps.
- If more people are taught how to find these dumps there’s potential for more new deal’s & activity on a relatively dormant thread

For many, revealing the dump immediately after SF goes live would only serve as educational anyway unless you live near the origin/destination. Most don’t.
lensovet, FTDDD, habaryu and 2 others like this.
Scottyrocket is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:35 pm
  #11630  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
Clearly SF are posting these dealbto make money off the Ebook which then has a tendency to kill the trick.

Why is it not a good idea for knowledgeable posters here to post the entire deal here for free as soon as SF publish the full details on their site?

This serves a number of purposes:
- It takes revenue Ebook revenue away from SF
- It reduces clicks & comments which reduce ad revenue along with SEO
- It increases traffic to this site/thread
- It helps to educate the people who keep coming here asking for help by using actual examples of real, working dumps.
- If more people are taught how to find these dumps theres potential for more new deals & activity on a relatively dormant thread

For many, revealing the dump immediately after SF goes live would only serve as educational anyway unless you live near the origin/destination. Most dont.

Not really. as much as i hate SF for selling their eBooks, at least they stop selling them after a couple of days and so some of the dumps continue to work.
by sharing them on this forum its guaranteed to die
tarman121 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:24 pm
  #11631  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 65
I want to direct the general public away from this thread as much as possible thank you.
GeeDubya likes this.
hoboeater is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:25 pm
  #11632  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EWR/PHL/JFK
Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Posts: 627
Weird flex
lensovet is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:45 pm
  #11633  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: AMS
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by hoboeater
I want to direct the general public away from this thread as much as possible thank you.
It seems like the general public took it seriously.
captainarabiia likes this.

Last edited by ilegalnyj; Feb 1, 2024 at 3:03 pm
ilegalnyj is online now  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:10 pm
  #11634  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Programs: QF; VA; AS
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by hoboeater
I want to direct the general public away from this thread as much as possible thank you.
Nobody except you is talking about the general public except you.

Fuel dumping is such a niche subject and only taken on by those that a happy with a level of financial risk taking - it will never become mainstream. None of my friends or family have ever heard of Flyer Talk, nor would they care.

Theres only a small handful of knowledgeable people posting clues to deals here and a few thousand lurkers. Even the people who work out the methodology rarely are rarely posting 12 months later. Maybe there like me and prefer to travel in J, or maybe they start selling Ebooks.
Scottyrocket is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:12 pm
  #11635  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by tarman121
Not really. as much as i hate SF for selling their eBooks, at least they stop selling them after a couple of days and so some of the dumps continue to work.
by sharing them on this forum its guaranteed to die
That's correct, last year's one of SF's "ebook" deal is still actually alive this year.
jumbo_cards is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:16 pm
  #11636  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 412
I can't believe what I'm reading. It seems that the blog, which literally ruined through its extreme greed, a lot of great deals, "isn't so bad", because by some miracle one of the schemes sold still works. Well, let's leave them alone, or maybe remind them that they can still sell it again.
man4business is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:35 pm
  #11637  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 65
The best solution at this point is to not post anything. All the information is already here.
hoboeater is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:40 pm
  #11638  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by man4business
I can't believe what I'm reading. It seems that the blog, which literally ruined through its extreme greed, a lot of great deals, "isn't so bad", because by some miracle one of the schemes sold still works. Well, let's leave them alone, or maybe remind them that they can still sell it again.
I don't think anyone is saying it's "not so bad", am I misinformed here? (I haven't checked on this thread for awhile). I'm just stating the facts. Now, I don't think SF is doing any good for folks in this game by selling this to the public. How about you guys test & learn this for a bit and see if making these deals public here is any better or worse? If it seems to kill SF's ability to sell, then great! if not, then stop.
jumbo_cards is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:41 pm
  #11639  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by hoboeater
The best solution at this point is to not post anything. All the information is already here.
Or do the status quo... but know SF will post deals here and there.
habaryu likes this.
jumbo_cards is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:04 pm
  #11640  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by jumbo_cards
Or do the status quo... but know SF will post deals here and there.
Its because FDing is boring and extremely mind numbing. The SF posts are either known or cracked in 5 minutes by any experienced member here. The reality is that if it's easy and popular the trick will die. If it's hard and complex to find then it will stay alive long enough to actually fly. If you want to learn then all the information is here or on Google.
hoboeater is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.