Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by hotcarl69
Anyone have any luck on the new big apple dracula route?
What are you talking about lol. They don't even issue a regular ticket.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
the best biz TATL deal was just cancelled for me today .. im glad Ive flown it last year on similar 3x.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by hotcarl69
Anyone have any luck on the new big apple dracula route?
You mean the one on the airline that doesn't list in any GDS? How do you plan to dump that?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fridgy
the best biz TATL deal was just cancelled for me today .. im glad Ive flown it last year on similar 3x.
Mine is still showing as ticketed *fingers crossed*, It is interesting that your 3x was cancelled, most of what I have seen were the 1x.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 12:12 pm

He/she did not say anything about whether the cancelled ticket was 1x or 3x. "most of what I have seen were the 1x" then you saw not too much. "The blog" did not manage to sell 3x version, this is what you mean?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: QF LTG
A lot of 3x tickets were canceled too.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:37 pm

I am not surprised at all. Once the airlines / OTA (Expedia I guess) realized the revenue losses, all they needed to do was filter out these kinds of bookings. Once again: my congratulations to all eBook buyers who felt like experts in fuel dumping.
abcx, 15cats, DreamerSte and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Some 3x were cancelled. Some OTAs purchased new tickets at regular freight to make it right.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by man4business
He/she did not say anything about whether the cancelled ticket was 1x or 3x. "most of what I have seen were the 1x" then you saw not too much. "The blog" did not manage to sell 3x version, this is what you mean?
If he/she knew about the 3x, which she stated she flew it before as a 3x, there would be very little reason to book the 1x. As the 1x strike flight is the most realistic to actually fly, especially because the difference was less than $100 between the 1x and 3x.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by kbooks66
I didn't realize that. Deleting all the posts about it from this thread may not have been the best idea at least from an information standpoint.
Maybe we should have a thread like-
Deals screwed up by Bloggers
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by man4business
I am not surprised at all. Once the airlines / OTA (Expedia I guess) realized the revenue losses, all they needed to do was filter out these kinds of bookings. Once again: my congratulations to all eBook buyers who felt like experts in fuel dumping.
It's just a matter of time. Sooner or later the eBook will contain more complicated FDs because the main point is to get money without letting anyone fly.
Normally, they advise people that they will share a new dump a few days before to ensure that most people are ready to waste money.

When I noticed that they were going to sell this dump, I thought "It could be a wise idea to notify the airline via the social network of the dump to prevent the blogs from continuing this shameful conduct". In the end, I didn't do it.

Next time, I'm not sure what I will do when they will going to announce the sale of a new "valuable" dump. Probably, it's time that the FD experts of this thread will join together to take the appropriate action.
Imho, the action to kill a dump preventing a blog from selling it and shrinking its popularity, should be considered.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by jorun
It's just a matter of time. Sooner or later the eBook will contain more complicated FDs because the main point is to get money without letting anyone fly.
Normally, they advise people that they will share a new dump a few days before to ensure that most people are ready to waste money.

When I noticed that they were going to sell this dump, I thought "It could be a wise idea to notify the airline via the social network of the dump to prevent the blogs from continuing this shameful conduct". In the end, I didn't do it.

Next time, I'm not sure what I will do when they will going to announce the sale of a new "valuable" dump. Probably, it's time that the FD experts of this thread will join together to take the appropriate action.
Imho, the action to kill a dump preventing a blog from selling it and shrinking its popularity, should be considered.
that's a stupid idea considering there are many eBooks they have sold in the past where the dumps still work today.
not every eBook has killed the dump

Anyone that is alerting an airline about SF's dumps is just as bad as them.
real backwards thinking IMO
KmsNotMiles likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by tarman121
Anyone that is alerting an airline about SF's dumps is just as bad as them.IMO
Yea, that'd be like punching yourself in the face.

Iykyk.
KmsNotMiles likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:30 am

@ tarman121 It is not about eBook. It is rather about so called "fast track" where they sell explicitely the whole contruction with even links.
@awaywego1 really? Then you simply feel better just watching dead tricks, one by one.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by euromannn
as for the poster making threats to call the airlines to expose ebook learner the moderator Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

amazing how posters on this thread turn against people while the would not buy ebooks if they shared information daily
Could you please elaborate better your thoughts without repeat by memory an old rule that seems not applicable nowadays?

Assuming that I booked one month ago the c1-c2 RT in J for 120€ and a few days ago someone sold and shared the trick forcing the airline to change the fare rules and the OTA/airline to cancel the tickets, why can't I notify the airline before the blog starts the mass selling helping me and other experts to fly and leaving the blog with the dry mouth and a possible legal problem with customers who paid for an ebook that doesn't work?
It seems a win-win situation to me.

I'm listening...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.