Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:26 pm

Many C3 destinations, not all of them are equally cheap but you need to realize that if we hit AI prices << 100 euro then BF also has to be extremely low. Some people were very excited about it some months ago...
thanaset likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 5:10 pm

C2-C6 299 285 281,98 euro (big sale)

Last edited by man4business; Aug 30, 2020 at 1:34 pm
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by man4business
Normally, what has been written is enough or even too much. But ok: TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 4 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN. On the other hand side, in pursuit of a lower price, another airline, almost the same route and the same X-factor - 95 82 euro a.i.
Does this one, c2-c5s, have the Base Fare 1EUR?

Thank you!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
Originally Posted by thanaset
Does this one, c2-c5s, have the Base Fare 1EUR?

Thank you!
BF 1,00 different Destination for 13€ plus Tax and X
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:45 am

Many C3 destinations, not all of them are equally cheap but you need to realize that if we hit AI prices << 100 euro then BF also has to be extremely low. Some people were very excited about it some months ago...
Does the all in prices involves no skipping?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: Le Blue
Seems like a Newbie question!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flyinghobby
Seems like a Newbie question!
Thanks for jumping the gun & your expert opinion, but I would patiently wait for the OP to reply.
Because I know that price is quoted for one of the airlines, where it will be a "gauranteed" gala denied boarding on skipping the starter, which might be unpalatable.
Silberpanda and karlot_96 like this.

Last edited by andydd; Sep 1, 2020 at 1:16 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:27 pm

Yes, you are right. Denial of boarding is (almost) guaranteed if you do what you mean. But if you plan ahead and fly, why not? ;-)
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:45 am

Yes, you are right. Denial of boarding is (almost) guaranteed if you do what you mean. But if you plan ahead and fly, why not? ;-)
Thanks for the confirmation and so indeed the airline is the one I suspected. My only concern in the times that we are now.. we dont know yet if the restaurants serving the starter are going to be open to serve the guests.

Also even if the restaurants are open, the transport itself to the restaurant is uncertain because of all kinds of restrictions that are causing the turbulence in 2020.

With good planning, it may work.. but lots of luck and planets need to be aligned to enjoy the 2 course meals in peace.
aktchi and karlot_96 like this.

Last edited by andydd; Sep 3, 2020 at 2:09 pm
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Here's a newbie question: Is the menu visible on ITA? Because in the relevant section of FR, it is clearly stated which restaurants can be visited but you are definitely dining in others.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Old Tricks never die, when certain carriers forget the past.

Idlewild or Orchard airport to Palam airport 132,45 € All-in R/T , using 4****+ Red Cross European carrier using old trick.

With a small twist of the wrist you can fly Luftie instead to same country.

Alternatively, this trick also works with another high quality carrier to the former South West African colony of Luftie's home country.

Actually, a C1-C5 (Open Jaw ) C3-C1 will get you 127,92 € All-in ( even lower MAY be possible)*

I have been asked why I posted this since skipping 1X will almost automatically cancel rest of itinerary. I posted because I have been informed by several FTers, even a group of 3 flying to Beachy start location on a future vacation and therefore have opportunity to fly 1 or several 1Xs.

One of my trusted friends actually took the time and made the effort to optimize this deal and reached 98 €. That is what this thread should be all about: Helping others and improve pricing.
aktchi, Shanye2233 and deovrat like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 5, 2020 at 6:16 am Reason: * Not fine tuned or optimized.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
C2c-C3e 285EUR

I found some routes from C2c-C3e 285EUR on Oneworld with x3, BF 93EUR.

ITAble and OTAble.

X factor + Taxes = about 120EUR, too high!

How could I get it more lower?

Added: when you make it two trips to this country, it's about 222EUR per trip (GF 444EUR in total).

Last edited by thanaset; Sep 5, 2020 at 7:38 am Reason: two trips
Old Sep 5, 2020, 7:48 am

ITAble and OTAble.

Added: when you make it two trips to this country, it's about 222EUR per trip (GF 444EUR in total).
The only ways to lower taxes+strike (in 3x config) price are to:
1. Either find an OTA that offers discount or
2. Change your origin airport
3. Optimize your strike.
thanaset and karlot_96 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA

ITAble and OTAble.

Old stuff - and well known. That deal has been reported several times before in 2018 and 2019 and 2020.
thanaset and man4business like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 7, 2020 at 7:01 am
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:38 am

Actually, there are more OTAs (it nees more fragmentation to get them working).
karlot_96 likes this.

Last edited by man4business; Sep 7, 2020 at 6:47 am Reason: Too good to discuss it here ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.