Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum
just for your information, this never worked from/to many places. You had to pick them up on both sides very carefully all the time. Crying doesn't help.
i said from paris .... worked and now its dead ... just giving an info

FYI im not crying, i have others alternative ... i booked recently C2-C1w at 140 euros very safe.
zroland likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Le Blue
C2-C3 r/t 274 eur not super cheap, but safe.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by karlot_96
i said from paris .... worked and now its dead ... just giving an info

FYI im not crying, i have others alternative ... i booked recently C2-C1w at 140 euros very safe.
Exactly, many of the oldest tricks back from 2007-2012 still work. Many people still remember the nomenclature Northern Neighbor , --- miler,
San Martin Trail etc Just the applicability is different , even the SV inshaallah ​​​​​Trick works

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jun 3, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Exactly, many of the oldest trick back from 2007-2012 still work. Many people still remember the nomenclature Northern Neighbor , --- miler,
San Martin Trail etc Just the applicability is different , even the SV inshaallah ​​​​​Trick works
. Black Sheep?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:35 am

C1-C5 trick seems to be dead

Blogs posted a C1-C5 dump this week, and it was subsequently closed. Very frustrating because it also seems to have closed the C1-C5 dump in my local area (I posted about it a few months back). Will have to try some new strategies. Any suggestions welcome.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:35 am

You mean the beach with Yago or Bebop?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:11 pm

tip

From the city of the petit prince to carnaval city there is a 2/3 fat for flights in 2nd semester, 150 eur if fat removed.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:52 am

C2.5 - LHR C2-C1 RT $776. YQ and YR aren't removed but the APD disappears. Is this always the case with OJ through the UK?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by 1hitwonder
C2.5 - LHR C2-C1 RT $776. YQ and YR aren't removed but the APD disappears. Is this always the case with OJ through the UK?
APD is UK specific. If you return back from any point that is not the UK no APD to be charged.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
C2 to famous rapper's (named after a dog) favourite place to hook up girls. 156€rt.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
C2c (c for Eastern Europeans, e for Western European ) to multiple C3 destinations starting at 119 Euros.
Esy to find, but maybe risky to fly.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:53 am

May I ask why it should be risky to fly? Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
The flight is on the 737 MAX :
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by matio_svk
C2c (c for Eastern Europeans, e for Western European ) to multiple C3 destinations starting at 119 Euros.
Esy to find, but maybe risky to fly.
Return to C2w is even cheaper. OJ starts at 85€. To find the lowest all-in price, one needs to find cheaper (and different) strikes specific to certain dates, and go through Momondo to the OTA which gives you a few extra € off.

I booked this fare and did quite some research on this fare and I believe it should be safe to fly. Strike has different ticket # and record locator specific to that airline. There is one Amadeus record locator generated by the OTA which shows the entire itinerary, but neither carriers uses that locator as they have their own. So anyone at the main carrier (specifically the ground agent checking you in at the counter) looking at the ticket will not immediately notice anything related to the strike, unless they specifically search for it by ticket # or name. Once booked, strike is immediately under "airport control" of that carrier, and the legs with the main carrier are "open for use". You can assume that if the ticket is still showing as open before you go to the airport, you should have no problem with check-in. They also did not endorse the ticket # with "CONJ ##/##", which is supposed to tell the airline that both tickets are tied (## is the last 2 digits of the ticket#s), so it's not very easy for them to find out whether or not the strike was used without doing some manual research.

Why don't we have more open discussions here about the risk involved for dumps posted here? It should only be based on experience and technical analysis, and no one is going to reveal anything useful about the strike. It is not always possible for someone to know if the dumps are safe before posting here, but unless it is an entirely new carrier, there must be someone here who had done the same in the past and should be able to share some experience.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:41 am

Well, the point is that they see the whole itinerary. They do not see the status (all legs are "Confirmed" even if skipped).
matio_svk and zroland like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.