Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by jorun

C3-c1 RT J class for less than 200€ AI.

Also take a look at my post #45535

And since I posted a true J deal, and also the historic AZ mistake as per missgal request (post #45535 ), we are still waiting for her/his reply about the ITA icons order

I'm also willing to post the historic fare of this c3-c1 rt J class mistake when the deal will be over as per missgal request (see her point 3).
Looks like your c3-c1 J deal is about to die anyways

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 29, 2017 at 1:41 am Reason: Remove deleted portion of quote
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
What part of his answer "GONE" was so hard to understand? Gone deals are by definition Gone and thus irrelevant.If it ever reappears, I am sure he will share again.Looks like harassment to me.

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 29, 2017 at 1:38 am Reason: Remove deleted quote
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
(...)Gone deals are by definition Gone and thus irrelevant (...)
Why did you post an entire eticket receipt of a "gone deal" then?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by RangeXT
Why did you post an entire eticket receipt of a "gone deal" then?
Because it was not about that specific deal, which everyone, except 1, missed. It was about how to force a shift in plating carrier, and attain a 100 % YQ drop, without actually flying that carrier. That principle continues.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 28, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:16 pm

Changing/forcing the stock for the carriers you posted is pretty easy and has nothing to do with any kind of strike applied.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:30 pm

[...] that specific deal, which everyone, except 1, missed [...]
Bwahahaha. You and several dozens of subscribers to a German newsletter who stranded at FRA. - But hey, you get what you pay for.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Because it was not about that specific deal, which everyone, except 1, missed. It was about how to force a shift in plating carrier, and attain a 100 % YQ drop, without actually flying that carrier. That principle continues.
Sorry, but this is absolutely not correct
The plating carrier has in the case of the ticket you posted NOTHING to do with the YQ drop

It's no secret at all that 057 (or 074) stock is in general used when the 006 carrier gets issued in POS C2.
Even without any strike your ticket would have been on 057 (or 074) stock!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:22 pm

Depending on your point of departure and your destination, the Saudi Strike may come in handy. That trick was extremely popular back in 2011 -2013 and works again but not in the traditional way.

@justgettingstarted. Welcome to FT. Here on Trick-It generally we are talking savings much much greater than "just a couple hundred dollars" as you state. Some carriers have YQ as high as $ 700.00.

I am highly confident that if you wait long enough you will get a clear and concise answer from your addressee to your question.
The one I found was $600 YR and $280 base fare for both legs combined. I'm enjoying the hunt but starting to get discouraged. Thanks for the pointers
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:36 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Exclamation Moderator warning

MODERATOR WARNING:

Clearly some of you did not take my reminder post seriously. Multiple violations of Rule 12 today.

Harassment and trolling will not be tolerated.

Anyone who does so will receive a 7-day suspension.

Follow the rules of posting for this thread and on Flyertalk.

No one is required to answer to your demands or questions. Just ask any newbie to this thread.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by fbruno
The plating carrier has in the case of the ticket you posted NOTHING to do with the YQ drop

It's no secret at all that 057 (or 074) stock is in general used when the 006 carrier gets issued in POS C2.

This is all one area of tricking I know nothing about. Guess this is considered more in the advanced tricking arena rather than simply finding strikes.
Need to look into why switching stock might reveal an FD.
http://www.kovrik.com/sib/travel/airline-codes.txt
Guess its just another variable which can lead to an error in the computation, or is it more than that in that some airlines routinely miscalculate using each others stock ?

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 29, 2017 at 10:13 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:08 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by fbruno

You can purchase tickets for 006 metal on 006, 057, or 074 stock departing C2 depending on how you make the purchase. For non-tricked itineraries I always buy on 006 regardless of which I'm flying since I like their IRROPs handling.

I'm not wise enough to fully understand WingedWorldExplorer's use of this in FD, however.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by travelhits
Wow! This thread is hot tonight!!

Here I have QR: DOH-LHR in J (that too in A350)... no special tricks, no strikes completely fat-free. Hints and PMs are encouraged.
Wow, that was a fascinating 8 hrs of film, thanks.

Feel free to send me hints via PM for FDs :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 29, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:16 am

the Saudi Strike
Is this departing Saudi or arriving Saudi ? And I'm hoping its one of the rare ones which doesn't need to be flown ? No desire to visit Saudi.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by C W
(...)

I'm not wise enough to fully understand WingedWorldExplorer's use of this in FD, however.
As I already said, he is wrong.

It has nothing to do with the strike. Its simply a POS issue.

The DL marketed fare gets plated on AF or KL even without the strike, simply because he bought the ticket on ebookers.de. TLD ".de"=c2
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is this departing Saudi or arriving Saudi ? And I'm hoping its one of the rare ones which doesn't need to be flown ? No desire to visit Saudi.
Its up to you to fly your 3x - you paid for it. But again, dont waste your time on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.