Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tdrag97
It's been a while anyone update with either the ress, marroitt and now we have th Delta in the area also?

And any tips on parking ?
Regarding parking, my advice is to ditch the car before you get to Vancouver. You don't need one here, parking is expensive, and the city has the second highest rate of auto break-ins in North America, last time I checked. That's because there are thousands of intravenous drug users in this city, and many of them need to feed their habit. It's quite safe here, except for cars - I see broken auto glass along the streets of Coal Harbour, where I live at least once a week.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by transportprof
Regarding parking, my advice is to ditch the car before you get to Vancouver. You don't need one here, parking is expensive, and the city has the second highest rate of auto break-ins in North America, last time I checked. That's because there are thousands of intravenous drug users in this city, and many of them need to feed their habit. It's quite safe here, except for cars - I see broken auto glass along the streets of Coal Harbour, where I live at least once a week.
damn ditching the car is a bit impossible,

I'm flying into SEA, drive to PDX to visit family and go thru Victoria for a overnight trip and up to Vancouver for 4-5 nts. Then need to drive back to SEA for a few day then fly out.

I can't see how else I can travel everywhere without a car. Amtrak could get $$$ back and fourth but then parking is crazy
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Tdrag97, get a quote from car rental companies on a one-way rental from SEA to either downtown (DT) Vancouver or Victoria. Then you could either rent a car one-way DT Vancouver to SEA or take Amtrak.
If they quote you the "RU Crazy?" rate, then surrender to the parking fees of Vancouver.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Tdrag97, get a quote from car rental companies on a one-way rental from SEA to either downtown (DT) Vancouver or Victoria. Then you could either rent a car one-way DT Vancouver to SEA or take Amtrak.
If they quote you the "RU Crazy?" rate, then surrender to the parking fees of Vancouver.
Cross-border one-way rentals would be very likely to be crazy expensive.
But the Bolt Bus from Vancouver to Seattle is ridiculously cheap, faster than Amtrak, and more comfortable than the "Quick Coach" which does have the advantage of going direct to Sea-Tac. I've never paid more than $20 for the Bolt Bus between Vancouver and Seattle.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
How is the lounge overall for family is it worth a $40cad a night?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tdrag97
How is the lounge overall for family is it worth a $40cad a night?
How much do you usually spend on breakfast? If it's more than $40, then yes.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:14 pm

The Delta Vancouver Suites is nicely located, right across the Vancouver Lookout and just a block away from Waterfront Station. All rooms were just renovated and they went with an "urban living" theme, so there's plenty of outlets and USB charging stations through the room. Just a note to elites: turns out that they converted the lounge into a presidential suite, so there's no longer a lounge. Elites do get breakfast certs worth $19 CAD toward any menu item in the restaurant on the MZ level.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update & the heads up on the no lounge/breakfast certs.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Are Marriott Silvers elite enough to "get breakfast certs worth $19 CAD"?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:21 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Brendan
Are Marriott Silvers elite enough to "get breakfast certs worth $19 CAD"?
Officially no, though as with any hotel, you can ask and may get an empowered agent in a good mood who decides to give you the certificates anyways.

However if you are given the more likely resounding "no", then no, you don't have a leg to stand on in argument...
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Vancouver - Where To Stay

Searched this forum. Could not find definitive thread. Would therefore appreciate advice.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:15 am

There are many options at various price ranges, so it'd be rather hard to state any preferences. Recently I've stayed at the Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown (recommended), Westin Grand (not recommended), JW Marriott Parq Vancouver (recommended).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by avja
Searched this forum. Could not find definitive thread. Would therefore appreciate advice.
Check out one of these many threads.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=45718017&query=vancouver
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...couver-bc.html
Vancouver: Which property for family vacation
Which *Wood for Vancouver, BC? (group booking, SPG Gold)
Where is the best place to stay in Vancouver?
uxb likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:55 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
This is an impossible question to answer without knowing the dates and times of your visits. If you're coming in cruise ship season, many of the downtown hotels are going to be upwards of $500 a night. The same rooms in the off season will be less than $200 a night. It's hard to go wrong with the Westin Grand and the Sheraton Wall Center - both have recently been rennovated and are in good locations.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by avja
To expand on this post.
I am platinum and will be in Vancouver for two nights in July 2019 before an Alaskan cruise. Looking at rates, it looks like it's better to book with points. I see most properties are either 35000 or 50000 points. I can do either. Wondering if one of the 50000 point hotels gives a much better experience or if one of the 35000 point hotels is very good.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by avja; Nov 5, 2018 at 8:36 am Reason: make clearer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.